Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Husker Fan

Jeremy Lin

Jeremy Lin is for real! NY Knicks might have found a gem!

Yellow Mamba

https://twitter.com/#!/WhitlockJason...80609242497025

Some lucky lady in NYC is gonna feel a couple inches of pain tonight.

https://twitter.com/#!/Evildoer_Esq/...86008804929537

This Lin thing should've been obvious. No one loves MSG as much as the Asians.

Very cool story, but I wonder how much attention he would be getting if he played for Golden St., Portland, New Orleans, etc.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchopexpress View Post
    Very cool story, but I wonder how much attention he would be getting if he played for Golden St., Portland, New Orleans, etc.
    well, he did play for Golden State for a while....didn't hear too much about him there...I did watch him at Harvard

About as much as Rubio is in Minny
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Husker View Post
    About as much as Rubio is in Minny
    You can't compared the amount of over-coverage of Rubio. He was an internationally known basketball commodity. The amount of people who knew Jeremy Lin about 10 days ago was significantly smaller. Lin is benefiting from playing in the NY media market. Hope he can use it to his advantage.

Habitual Line Crosser
    I've watched the last 2 Knicks games at a bar up by my apt in Harlem. I've also watched around 10 other ones there. The last 2 have been completely insane, everyone is cheering everyone is into the game. Before that it was doom and gloom. The guy has really energized the fan base, it's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Poyer View Post
    I've watched the last 2 Knicks games at a bar up by my apt in Harlem. I've also watched around 10 other ones there. The last 2 have been completely insane, everyone is cheering everyone is into the game. Before that it was doom and gloom. The guy has really energized the fan base, it's awesome!
    It's pretty refreshing to have a player with Lin's basketball background break through. The NBA has really taken a dive into the prima donna pool, which can wear thin on some casual fans.

Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Poyer View Post
    I'm sure you meant to say "Linsane"!

The story is pretty amazing. The Knicks were stumbling along, their 2 superstars are shelved, Stoudamire due to the tragic death of his brother, and Anthony due to injury, and Lin energizes the team.

I usually don't watch the Knicks but have happened to stumble across the games as this story has unfolded. It appears that everybody around him is playing better....role players stepping up and making serious contributions, and Tyson Chandler looking like he really wants to play ball.

Not to mention, they're on a winning streak while "undermanned"!

The NBA regular season is usually unwatchable. These games have been really appealing.
    "Lay it down, forget it, take off your red, choose another team ... or stick with it."

pray for me ;)
    I hate the NBA but saw the highlights at the gym of Lin's past week. Good for him and it has to be good for the NBA because as was stated here earlier, Lin is easy to root for unlike most of the prima-donnas that play in the league.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Can he coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    Can he coach?
    Lol HWJ, good one.

You can't compared the amount of over-coverage of Rubio. He was an internationally known basketball commodity. The amount of people who knew Jeremy Lin about 10 days ago was significantly smaller. Lin is benefiting from playing in the NY media market. Hope he can use it to his advantage.
    Good points.

I despise the NBA with every fiber of my being...especially Kobe and the kid had me watching the entire game...good story hopefully when Carmelo and Amare come back they can keep it up

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    I hate the NBA but saw the highlights at the gym of Lin's past week. Good for him and it has to be good for the NBA because as was stated here earlier, Lin is easy to root for unlike most of the prima-donnas that play in the league.
    This!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]