Get HuskerMax on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013: 4-star LB Chans Cox (Husker Leagacy Recruit)

Thumbs up 2013: 4-star LB Chans Cox (Husker Leagacy Recruit)

Already rated a 4-star LB by Scout and 247.....would be a huge get and is very excited about a Husker offer and a heavy lean already to Nebraska....Huskers expected to offer him....would think he is ours based on everything I have heard and read....coming off of major shoulder surgery....

4.0 GPA to boot...

His grandfather is Woody Cox from the 1970 and 71 National Title teams....Woody was a WR and has gone on to a great career outside of football:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205017155 worth the read quite a story for this former Husker....

Lakeside, Arizona
    Blueridge High School
    Ht:6'3"
    Wt:220 lbs
    40:4.53 secs
    Bench Max:315
    Squat Max:460
    Shuttle:4.31
    Vertical:30 inches
    GPA:4
    Class:2013 (High School)
    247: 4****
    Scout: 4****
    Offers: Arizona, Arizona State, Boise State, Duke, Oregon State, Washington

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

The reason he does not have an offer yet is he is coming off of shoulder surgery....and he will be visiting Nebraska this summer for camps....so the coaches will get to see him up close and personal.....thus to see how the rehab has gone etc....expect him to get an offer in the near future though....

I would expect him to commit to Nebraska fairly early in the process once he gets an offer....just my gut feeling....

An interview from a month or so ago with Chans....talks about his shoulder issue....

Rated the number 40 player overall by Rivals today. He's a 4* there too.

Thanks... From all I am reading I think he is Nebraska's to lose....as you can see in the article on his grandfather he is still pretty close to the program....

Usually when a kid gets rated that high this early he is the real deal....shot at a 5-star rating depending on how he performs this season....

Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    Rated the number 40 player overall by Rivals today. He's a 4* there too.

Scout Team
    Chans Cox is one of the top 5 players in the state of Arizona for 2013. Looks like one of the top 10 or so LB'ers in the country. Would be a great 'get'.

Red Shirt
    So I would think that would about take care of our LB needs for '12 if we are able to get both Cox and Banderas? After our haul this year with Brown, Rose, Afalava, and Zaire, it would appear our LB core could be in good shape for years to come especially with Santos and Pirman as other young guys who the coaches have mentioned.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

"The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."

Red Shirt
    Chans is quite a bit bigger than Grandpa. But from the sound of things, I am guessing that ol' Gramps could hold his own in a tussle with the youngster if it ever came to that.

Without any doubt what so ever.....and in the end I think we land him....

Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    Chans Cox is one of the top 5 players in the state of Arizona for 2013. Looks like one of the top 10 or so LB'ers in the country. Would be a great 'get'.

I would think three is the max this year so that is not a bad assumption....from all I am hearing Afalava will qualify too....thus keeping all four commits this year onboard....and the lowdown on him is could be one of the gems of the last few years....every bit as good as Rose....

Santos got rave reviews for his RS Scout team work....

Quote Originally Posted by huskon4ever! View Post
    So I would think that would about take care of our LB needs for '12 if we are able to get both Cox and Banderas? After our haul this year with Brown, Rose, Afalava, and Zaire, it would appear our LB core could be in good shape for years to come especially with Santos and Pirman as other young guys who the coaches have mentioned.

Yeah his grandpa sounds like a 5'9" pistol....and a two-time national champion to boot...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Howl View Post
    Chans is quite a bit bigger than Grandpa. But from the sound of things, I am guessing that ol' Gramps could hold his own in a tussle with the youngster if it ever came to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    I would think three is the max this year so that is not a bad assumption....from all I am hearing Afalava will qualify too....thus keeping all four commits this year onboard....and the lowdown on him is could be one of the gems of the last few years....every bit as good as Rose....

Santos got rave reviews for his RS Scout team work....
    I think our target will be 3...but if Banderas, Cox and say Ramirez commit and then Hollins or Love wants in...I have a hard time seeing us say no.

That goes without say if a guy is an all-world recruit...

Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    I think our target will be 3...but if Banderas, Cox and say Ramirez commit and then Hollins or Love wants in...I have a hard time seeing us say no.

I know it's a little early to predict, but he looks to have great size and speed, maybe the huskers future MLB?