Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Got my NCAA tix!

Husker Fan

Got my NCAA tix!

Pretty pleased with the seats too. Same section as my season tickets but 8 rows higher. I hate hate hate "endzone" seats so I don't care how high my seats are if I'm somwhere between the baselines...preferrably between the free throw lines...which is where i'll be.

Now, if Missou or KU can make it to Omaha maybe I can sell one session's worth of tix and get my money back! Hopefully, the NCAA will put CU at a site that doesn't play Friday/Sunday. That would suck.

FWIW a week or two ago I head that there were still 500 tickets or so left.

Husker Fan

Awesome! You'll have a blast!

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    Awesome! You'll have a blast!
    What stood out to me last time was KU fans tailgating like it was a football game. It's kind of fun to see how fans of other programs do their thing.

One thing I don't really like is how the NCAA sanitizes the whole place. While I'm not for over commercialization it's seems wierd to see everything covered up.

Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    Pretty pleased with the seats too. Same section as my season tickets but 8 rows higher. I hate hate hate "endzone" seats so I don't care how high my seats are if I'm somwhere between the baselines...preferrably between the free throw lines...which is where i'll be.

Now, if Missou or KU can make it to Omaha maybe I can sell one session's worth of tix and get my money back! Hopefully, the NCAA will put CU at a site that doesn't play Friday/Sunday. That would suck.

FWIW a week or two ago I head that there were still 500 tickets or so left.
    I'll be there for the Friday games. Probably won't watch all four games from my seats, but it should be a fun day of basketball in downtown Omaha. I'm sort of hoping both KU and MU are in Omaha. It'll make the day much more fun. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

As far as Creighton, I've read that since the school is "hosting" the Friday/Sunday games at the Clink, they have to be put in a Thursday/Saturday site.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchopexpress View Post
    I'll be there for the Friday games. Probably won't watch all four games from my seats, but it should be a fun day of basketball in downtown Omaha. I'm sort of hoping both KU and MU are in Omaha. It'll make the day much more fun. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

As far as Creighton, I've read that since the school is "hosting" the Friday/Sunday games at the Clink, they have to be put in a Thursday/Saturday site.
    I like that Omaha got Friday/Sunday. Friday will be a really fun day to be hanging around downtown Omaha. Especially, like you said, if KU and Missou get sent to omaha. Last time it was KSU and KU. Gotta love KU fans...they are like NU football fans. They will pay whatever it takes to see their team! I'm also hoping for a San Diego St., UNLV, St. Mary's, Harvard type team as well...a Mid Major that has a chance to make some noise.

The way Iowa State is going maybe they have a shot too.

I like that Omaha got Friday/Sunday. Friday will be a really fun day to be hanging around downtown Omaha. Especially, like you said, if KU and Missou get sent to omaha. Last time it was KSU and KU. Gotta love KU fans...they are like NU football fans. They will pay whatever it takes to see their team! I'm also hoping for a San Diego St., UNLV, St. Mary's, Harvard type team as well...a Mid Major that has a chance to make some noise.

The way Iowa State is going maybe they have a shot too.
    It really all depends on what seeds KU and MU get, because that'll dictate which seeds play in Omaha. If both get #2 seeds, that'll bring in 7, 10, 15 seeds. I can't see either team getting #1 seeds at this point, unless one of them sweeps the season series. If that happens, whichever team goes 0-2 may fall to a #4 seed, and may not get the chance to play as close to home.

Husker Fan

One thing I don't really like is how the NCAA sanitizes the whole place. While I'm not for over commercialization it's seems wierd to see everything covered up.
    +100000

Husker Fan

I'm sort of hoping both KU and MU are in Omaha.
    They'll both definitely be showing up tomorrow in Columbia!

The one thing that bums me out is the fact they don't serve beer, especially since you can't leave and re-enter between each session's games. The break between the afternoon and evening sessions is ok, but it sure would be nice to sit back and have a frosty one (or 3) during the game.

Husker Fan

The one thing that bums me out is the fact they don't serve beer, especially since you can't leave and re-enter between each session's games. The break between the afternoon and evening sessions is ok, but it sure would be nice to sit back and have a frosty one (or 3) during the game.

Yeah, it would be nice to down a couple between games and shoot the poop with some KU or Murray St. fans or whoever. I'm sure The Mattress Factory and DJ's appreciate the fact there's no beer sales! Fans will be guzzling beers there up until the last second.

Speaking of the Mattress Factory. I know someone who knows the #s....the money they pulled in during the CWS was mindboggling. CU bball, UNO hockey and whatever other events are at the clink are just gravy (lots of gravy) after that! DJ's is packed before and after every CU game...I don't go to UNO hockey now but I imagine it's the same for their games.

All American
    Will you be wearing husker basketball gear or wearing the bag o shame?
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for
    without receiving.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ackos View Post
    Will you be wearing husker basketball gear or wearing the bag o shame?
    haha...I don't wear team gear.

Red Shirt
    Got mine also. Somehow I moved from the upper bowl down to the lower bowl (how that happened I don't know).

Drama Queen Dirk seems to think the Jays will be sent out west, Portland or Albequerque, which are both Thurs-Sat events.
    "I've never quit anything in my life" -- Bo Pelini