Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Legends" and "Leaders" Here to Stay

Scout Team

"Legends" and "Leaders" Here to Stay

Looks like the Big Ten will be keeping our rather, ahem, unique divisional names.

According to a poll conducted, 57% of fans now admit that they do, in fact, like the division names. And while 57% is not a massive majority, 76% of all fans felt the names were unique and 64% felt they honored the Big Ten's history.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...y-after-survey

Personally, they've grown on me a little bit and I don't have quite the initial knee-jerk reaction that I did when they were initially announced. I think that in five years the division names will be commonplace. That is, unless we hit full-scale nuclear war with conference realignment.
    5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

There is No Place Like Nebraska.

Husker Fan

I'm not even sure which division NU is in.

Husker Immortal
    stupid is as stupid does.

I don't care one way or the other on if they are changed, but I'm glad we are in the Legends division, which is way better than the Leader division.

Honestly, to me, there is "Our" division and "their" division.

I don't really mind them. It's unique. The B1G office just has to do a better job of promoting which teams are in which divisions. It's been about 7 years since the ACC divided into 2 divisions, and people still don't know which team is in which division. If that problem exsists for the B1G in 5 years, then someone didn't do their job of promoting the conference properly.

It's really not that hard. The Legends are all the "M" and "N" teams with Iowa (Nebraska, Minnesota, Michigan, Michigan st., Northwester, Iowa), and the Leaders are everyone else (Illinois, Indiana, OSU, Penn St., Wisconsin, Purdue)

Recruit

The division names blew when they came out, they blow now, and they will continue to blow into the future.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchopexpress View Post
    It's really not that hard. The Legends are all the "M" and "N" teams with Iowa (Nebraska, Minnesota, Michigan, Michigan st., Northwester, Iowa), and the Leaders are everyone else (Illinois, Indiana, OSU, Penn St., Wisconsin, Purdue)

I've got the teams down...I'll just probably never keep which are legends and which are leaders.

I don't even like using the names...it's so flipping pompous it just blows my mind.

Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    I've got the teams down...I'll just probably never keep which are legends and which are leaders.

I don't even like using the names...it's so flipping pompous it just blows my mind.
    THIS. Imagine the fit people would throw if the SEC division names were Champions and Winners.

Scout Team
    It's not hard to remember that we're in the Legends division.

Devaney, Osborne, Gill, Rozier, Rodgers, Frazier, Crouch, Suh, Glover, etc., etc., etc.,....Nebraska history is full of LEGENDS.

And to be honest, Legends is the better name of the two.
    5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by CottonsLeftNut View Post
    THIS. Imagine the fit people would throw if the SEC division names were Champions and Winners.
    I think the SEC's divisions should be called "Bribery" and "Oversigning"

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    I'm not even sure which division NU is in.
    I'm with ya. But NU is in the one with teams starting with M and N and Iowa right?

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Yeoman View Post
    I'm with ya. But NU is in the one with teams starting with M and N and Iowa right?
    Hey, I thought I already explained that.

Junior Varsity
    Hey, I thought I already explained that.
    Guess I should have read the entire thread before responding.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Yeoman View Post
    Guess I should have read the entire thread before responding.
    Just making sure I wasn't on your ignore list.

Junior Varsity
    Just making sure I wasn't on your ignore list.
    If I remember correctly you are a NWMST Bearcat guy right? That's a potential ignore right there.