Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 recruiting class

Red Shirt

2013 recruiting class

Okay, Red Reign, you have had a couple of hours to rest up. The 2012 class is officially signed and over. It is time to start looking ahead to the 2013 class. Whatcha got for us?!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Howl View Post
    Okay, Red Reign, you have had a couple of hours to rest up. The 2012 class is officially signed and over. It is time to start looking ahead to the 2013 class. Whatcha got for us?!
    Ya what gives ya slacker! .....its like you expect us to look it up for ourselves...

I believe Trevell Dixon, a safety out of Louisiana has already given his verbal commitment

Party like it's 1985!
    The sky is falling! We're ranked 120th!
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Howl View Post
    Not so fast. We have another two schollies to sign according to HCBP!

give him 10 months...no point in actually following 2013 for a looooong time

Scout Team
    Mike Minter

Josh Banderas

Red Shirt
    Is that even possible? I thought there were only 119 teams!

Quote Originally Posted by FeelLikeAStranger View Post
    The sky is falling! We're ranked 120th!

Scout Team
    With an eye towards 2013 and the expected 25-28 scholarships, here is how I would aim to fill those spots by position:

QB (1)
    RB (2)
    WR (2)
    TE (2) *preferably one HS and one JUCO
    OL (5) *with a primary focus on OT
    DL (6) *with a primary focus on DE
    LB (3)
    DB (6) *with a primary focus on S

Red Shirt
    LJS must have heard the plea for information.....

http://huskerextra.com/sports/footba...c221224af.html

Now that the madness of Signing Day 2012 is over, what are the Huskers looking for in the Class of 2013?

They've already found one guy: Quarterback/safety Tre'vell Dixon from Baldwin, La.

Dixon, who averaged 11 yards per carry and threw for 1,700 yards and 14 touchdowns as a junior, also had offers from Arizona State, Texas A&M and Texas Tech.

We can also tell you that the list of prospects for the Class of 2013 includes a Taco (Ohio defensive end Taco Charlton) and an outside linebacker, also from Ohio, named Courtney Love.

The four-star prospects who have been offered scholarships include Illinois offensive tackle Ethan Pocic (6-6, 280), Ohio defensive tackle Billy Price (6-4, 265) and California safety Su'a Cravens (6-1, 205).

Locally, the Huskers will take a close look at Lincoln Southwest linebacker Josh Banderas (6-2, 215), who also lists Alabama, LSU and Oklahoma as schools of interest. Banderas' dad, Tom, played for the Huskers in the 1980s.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    With an eye towards 2013 and the expected 25-28 scholarships, here is how I would aim to fill those spots by position:

QB (1)
    RB (2)
    WR (2)
    TE (2) *preferably one HS and one JUCO
    OL (5) *with a primary focus on OT
    DL (6) *with a primary focus on DE
    LB (3)
    DB (6) *with a primary focus on S
    I think we should look at a JUCO LB and DB as well in an attempt to even the class sizes out a bit.

Scout Team
    Besides current commit Tre'Vell Dixon, I think it is safe to assume that LB Josh Banderas, DB Mike Minter Jr. and DB Drake Martinez will all be apart of the 2013 class...just a matter of when.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    Besides current commit Tre'Vell Dixon, I think it is safe to assume that LB Josh Banderas, DB Mike Minter Jr. and DB Drake Martinez will all be apart of the 2013 class...just a matter of when.
    I'm curious about Drake Martinez... as tough as the critics have been on Taylor and even their father at times I wonder how receptive he will be to joining the Huskers. Will be interesting to follow.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. - Robert A. Heinlein

The word out here in CA, from what I have read and heard, is he wants to play for Nebraska....RB/DB.....and he already has a Husker offer....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...artinez-132269

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Yeoman View Post
    I'm curious about Drake Martinez... as tough as the critics have been on Taylor and even their father at times I wonder how receptive he will be to joining the Huskers. Will be interesting to follow.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    The word out here in CA, from what I have read and heard, is he wants to play for Nebraska....RB/DB.....and he already has a Husker offer....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...artinez-132269
    Great, and good to hear he already has an offer. NU might be in trouble though if Carl Pelini is still the recruiter...

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. - Robert A. Heinlein