Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Shelton picked up a USC offer

  1. #1

    Shelton picked up a USC offer

    Just heard on Unsportsmanlike Conduct that Shelton picked up a USC offer. This could make it even harder to get his signature tomorrow.

  2. #2
    Guest

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Newton, KS
    Posts
    213
    Just came to post this. What do guys like RR, N2FL, BTBR think about our chances?

  3. #3
    Red Shirt
    Blue Howl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep in the primeval North Woods
    Posts
    2,120
    This doesn't help our chances. He is from the area so the chance to play close to home could be too good to pass up.

    On a positive note, it could also mean that USC knows they aren't getting Peat and that opened up a schollie they had set aside in case he chose them.

  4. #4
    Red Shirt
    Huskerpilk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,818
    USC has been out of Peat for a few days now...nothing new. Bummer when the slime come calling on players.

  5. #5
    Red Shirt

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bellevue Ne
    Posts
    1,154
    I keep hearing how USC is going to be on the upswing but being limited to only 15 scholarships for the next few years has got to take a toll. Are they even eligible for a bowl game next year?

  6. #6
    Scout Team
    bucktril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    3,100
    Meh, just another reason to punch Lane in the face.

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    117,365
    Shelton is the one guy I think we lose tommorow....will end up at Washington in my opinion.....if that happens expect Sebastian Smith to get an offer and be 'N'.....he would be a great pickup....

    Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    Just came to post this. What do guys like RR, N2FL, BTBR think about our chances?
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    117,365
    Our chances frankly are not good anyway....I think he ends up at Washington....the coach who had recruited hin to Oregon State is now at Washington....has built a relationship with him....I don't see USC in this....I could be wrong....Nebraska I woudl be surprised if we land him....

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Howl View Post
    This doesn't help our chances. He is from the area so the chance to play close to home could be too good to pass up.

    On a positive note, it could also mean that USC knows they aren't getting Peat and that opened up a schollie they had set aside in case he chose them.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  9. #9
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktril View Post
    Meh, just another reason to punch Lane in the face.

    +1

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktril View Post
    Meh, just another reason to punch Lane in the face.
    we need a reason?

  11. #11
    #1 Husker Fan
    FCHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins Area
    Posts
    11,652
    Im not one of those guys, but I read that he already had Washington in the lead, and is very excited bout this offer. I would put our chances at 10%.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops


    It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. #12
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    117,365
    I agree with you of course....I think Sebastian Smith ends up being the S commit tommorow....from what I hear he would take the offer with no arguments..

    Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    Im not one of those guys, but I read that he already had Washington in the lead, and is very excited bout this offer. I would put our chances at 10%.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  13. #13
    Husker Fan
    HuskerWeatherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    45,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruddman23 View Post
    I keep hearing how USC is going to be on the upswing but being limited to only 15 scholarships for the next few years has got to take a toll. Are they even eligible for a bowl game next year?
    Yes. USC is bowl eligible, Pac-12 championship eligible, and BCS championship eligible. They still have to deal with the scholarship reductions, but the post-season sanctions have been lifted. This is the main driving force in Barkley deciding to return to USC this season.

  14. #14
    Red Shirt
    Blue Howl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep in the primeval North Woods
    Posts
    2,120
    Smith has kind of gotten lost in the shuffle the last couple of weeks. If Ford is also out, as the LJS is reporting, then Smith would seem to be the guy if we still want another DB.

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Shelton is the one guy I think we lose tommorow....will end up at Washington in my opinion.....if that happens expect Sebastian Smith to get an offer and be 'N'.....he would be a great pickup....

  15. #15
    Scout Team
    N2FL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,268
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    Just came to post this. What do guys like RR, N2FL, BTBR think about our chances?
    Its bad news frankly. I agree with RR in that I thought he was Washington bound anyways, but now I think Nebraska is in 3rd. Too bad because I have also heard Raymond Ford is out if the picture for Nebraska too. With Fuller, Diggs, Lambert and now Shelton seemigly out of the picture, I would hate to see Nebraska miss out on Andrus Peat too.

    Nebraska has a solid class, no doubt. But if they end up losing out on Peat, Fuller, Diggs, Lambert, Goodman and Shelton its going to sting a little IMO.







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •