1-½ Tbsp cream
1 Tbsp horseradish
6 oz blue cheese, crumbled
1 Tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ tsp cayenne pepper

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to broil.

2. Place sirloin in a baking pan lined with aluminum foil; broil for to medium-rare doneness (time will vary depending on oven and thickness of the sirloin)

3. Combine all other ingredients in a bowl; chill until ready to serve.

4. Slice tenderloin into 1-inch thick slices and drizzle with blue cheese sauce.

================================

My notes on this:

- Had this as a really good appetizer at a restaurant recently so I tried to reverse engineer it by looking for similar things on the interweb.

- My version was darned tasty; I would give it a 7 - 8 on a 10-point scale. Enough so I am posting it here. But it is not quite there yet so any thoughts would be most welcome.

- I was running short of time when I made it so I cut the sirloin into 1" cubes and seared in a skillet. That should not have affected the flavor much. But I would grill it next time to get a bit of that flavor going.

- I don't think the cream added anything given the quantities of mayo, mustard, and sour cream. I suspect the similar recipes I found included it just to thin the sauce out a bit.

- I think it could take a 1/2 tsp of cayenne pretty easily - even my 8-year old was OK with it as above.

- I might up the Worcestershire to a full tsp

- Possibly more lemon juice. It was a thinner sauce at the restaurant. The overall affect of my version of the sauce is kinda pallet-coating, so a bit more acid might help too.

It's just missing a little something that made it so good at the restaurant. Any recommendations for improving it?