Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Rivals awards Alonzo Moore his 4th-star: Expected to be 'N' on NSD

Thumbs up Rivals awards Alonzo Moore his 4th-star: Expected to be 'N' on NSD

Well deserved....all the tea leaves are lining up for him to announce Nebraska on NSD....has already made his choice and notified the schools....Nebraska and Mississippi State....can play WR, CB and some option Wildcat QB....expect him to either be a WR or CB at Nebraska...visited Nebraska 3 times on his own dime plus an official....

Rivals: 4-star 5.8

Looks like this staff can recruit after all....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Well deserved....all the tea leaves are lining up for him to announce Nebraska on NSD....has already made his choice and notified the schools....Nebraska and Mississippi State....can play WR, CB and some option Wildcat QB....expect him to either be a WR or CB at Nebraska...visited Nebraska 3 times on his own dime plus an official....

Well him gaining a star must mean a silent commit to MSU

Thanks RR and hopefully he is N

Some talk if Fuller goes else-where he could get a shot at QB too....

This kid is quite an athlete....

Scout Team

Alonzo Moore will be a great addition. I have heard from people that he is 'N' bound as well. Like I have said, he is a very valuable piece to this class. The staff wants another safety and at least one more CB. I think he ends up at one of those spots, although you could surely argue that WR is actually his best position (I like FS personally). If Nebraska also gets commitments from CBs Devian Shelton and Raymond Ford (a better than average chance), I think Moore starts out at FS. I dont see him ever being used at QB to run the 'Wildcat'. With what they are bringing in at the QB position with guys like Carnes and Armstrong, I dont see the need. Rex Burkhead is unique and I dont see them letting anyone else do it once he leaves, maybe Jamal Turner?

With some time with James Dobson, maybe he can add 10-15 pounds of muscle without the loss in burst or speed. I could see him being used like Percy Harvin was used at Florida. Wildcat, on fly sweeps, in the slot, lined up in the backfield. I think Jamal Turner is just scratching the surface, but now I am off my point.

I don't think alot of folks just realize how important getting his commit/signed LOI really is to this class....

I think CB too....he has said the past couple of months that is what they are talking to him about....

Agree on the versatility of Moore....huge upside....with him and JT we will be able to do somethings we have not been ablel to do in awhile....

Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    Alonzo Moore will be a great addition. I have heard from people that he is 'N' bound as well. Like I have said, he is a very valuable piece to this class. The staff wants another safety and at least one more CB. I think he ends up at one of those spots, although you could surely argue that WR is actually his best position (I like FS personally). If Nebraska also gets commitments from CBs Devian Shelton and Raymond Ford (a better than average chance), I think Moore starts out at FS. I dont see him ever being used at QB to run the 'Wildcat'. With what they are bringing in at the QB position with guys like Carnes and Armstrong, I dont see the need. Rex Burkhead is unique and I dont see them letting anyone else do it once he leaves, maybe Jamal Turner?

With some time with James Dobson, maybe he can add 10-15 pounds of muscle without the loss in burst or speed. I could see him being used like Percy Harvin was used at Florida. Wildcat, on fly sweeps, in the slot, lined up in the backfield. I think Jamal Turner is just scratching the surface, but now I am off my point.

Red Shirt
    I don't think alot of folks just realize how important getting his commit/signed LOI really is to this class....

I think CB too....he has said the past couple of months that is what they are talking to him about....

Agree on the versatility of Moore....huge upside....with him and JT we will be able to do somethings we have not been ablel to do in awhile....

it doesnt appear that moore was recruited with much QB intent, but along with guys's like fuller and turner, the benifits of mobile QB system offers a good way of getting some top notch athletes at other positions...notable WR. with little history of the passing game to boast, winning the top notch WR battles has generally not gone our way. the versatility of these players not only gives nebraska options but the player themself. they can compete at a top notch program and still find a home else were without leaving school...mac clayton, b newcombe, t veland, c johnson, j turner ect... with a little success in the passing game perhaps we can start landing a few more top notch guys at that position but as long as we can keep bringing in versatile players we can fill that void as well as many other positions. a players willingness, and trust in the coaches to put them in the best spot has done wonders for many huskers in years past..prince, suh(played OL in army all star game), glenn, barney cotton played both sides of the ball i believe