Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Losing confidence, but still BOlieve

Red Shirt

Losing confidence, but still BOlieve

I cant hold my tongue any more. We are at 11 commits, with Peat, Moore, Curry, almost certain to sign with us. We lost on a lot of targets that were in our back pocket. I beleive in this staff, but not to be able to finish suprises me. I want Fuller, VV, Shelton. I know we are looking at some "2 stars" and understand Loooooooooooo and the Hawaiian situation, but come on, why cant we get the top players on our board. Diggs and Beaver is who I am refering to. Just is depressing, but I will always try and be optimistic because I BOlieve.

So now, are there going to be any suprises go our way from now until NSD?

Like I said before on here....if you can't handle the ups n downs of recruiting then my advice is to not tune in until NSD on 1 Feb....this part of the recruiting journey is always crazy....

As for the 2-stars, as I said before, folks need to do some homework on that....I've tried to explain that but it seems with little succes....

We will be fine the sky is not falling...
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

God of Huskermax

Yeah, I have to say this has actually been one of the better years of recruiting I've seen in a while. Especially with a small class. If all you want are 5 star guys at every position then you have issues.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Huska View Post
    I cant hold my tongue any more. We are at 11 commits, with Peat, Moore, Curry, almost certain to sign with us. We lost on a lot of targets that were in our back pocket. I beleive in this staff, but not to be able to finish suprises me. I want Fuller, VV, Shelton. I know we are looking at some "2 stars" and understand Loooooooooooo and the Hawaiian situation, but come on, why cant we get the top players on our board. Diggs and Beaver is who I am refering to. Just is depressing, but I will always try and be optimistic because I BOlieve.

I'm thinking you should try a little harder to hold your tongue and pay attention to who we have on board and who we are going after. Most of the top recruits every year wait til the end of the recruiting journey to announce or commit to their respective institutes because they have so many options to weigh in. Talented kids are being recruited by big name programs. For the fact that NU is in the top 2 or 3 with these talented kids should be more encouraging than depressing. A kid with average talent would have jumped on board a loooooonnnnng time ago because they don't have many offers and probably won't be receiving any better offers. Even the kids we got in on early (Michael R. & Jordan W.............no pun intended ) are starting to get heavy consideration from other big name schools. That alone, should show you that this staff knows how to find the talent needed for success other than relying on stars to depict who they should offer a schollie to. You also have to understand that we aren't going to have a large class this year with our team being so young so it's about getting the best players at the positions we most need.

Long story short............chill out and sip the juice. We will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    Fear of spiders is aracnaphobia, fear of tight spaces is chlaustraphobia, fear of Ameer is Wisdom

Varsity

13/14th ranked class!!!! WTH ???? We are right where we need to be.

Red Shirt
    And just take heart with this...Nobler did not commit to ND on his recent visit so we're still in it for him. NSD cannot come soon enough on this kid.

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Yeah, I have to say this has actually been one of the better years of recruiting I've seen in a while. Especially with a small class. If all you want are 5 star guys at every position then you have issues.
    Wanting all 5 Stars doesn't mean you have issues, however, expecting it does. Lots of schools out there have recruting advantages over the Huskers due to location, so when you look at where we're sitting, we're doing pretty damn good. The only thing left to do now to bump up the stars we're getting is to win something

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerpilk View Post
    And just take heart with this...Nobler did not commit to ND on his recent visit so we're still in it for him. NSD cannot come soon enough on this kid.

I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerpilk View Post
    What a relief. Keeping the faith!!!

Red Shirt

I dont look at stars, but the guys we have been leading with their recruitment early tend to go somewhere else. Look I like the class too so far, but if we were looking at 15 or so I would feel better, but now it is up as high as 20 kids.

God of Huskermax

I dont look at stars, but the guys we have been leading with their recruitment early tend to go somewhere else. Look I like the class too so far, but if we were looking at 15 or so I would feel better, but now it is up as high as 20 kids.
    You got any facts to back that up? #michaelrose #jordanwesterkamp #severalothers

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Like I said before on here....if you can't handle the ups n downs of recruiting then my advice is to not tune in until NSD on 1 Feb....this part of the recruiting journey is always crazy....

As for the 2-stars, as I said before, folks need to do some homework on that....I've tried to explain that but it seems with little succes....

We will be fine the sky is not falling...
    It is not whether or not I can handle the ups or downs here RR, its the fact that we are looking at the 2nd or 3rd options after our 1st options do elsewhere. Dont get me wrong I understand your logic of the "2 stars" and you would know more than me.

In my opinion, the only major disappointment we've had thus far is Jordan Diggs and losing out to South Carolina isn't something that is going to keep me up at night.

It is not whether or not I can handle the ups or downs here RR, its the fact that we are looking at the 2nd or 3rd options after our 1st options do elsewhere. Dont get me wrong I understand your logic of the "2 stars" and you would know more than me.
    Every school in the nation is at that point right now. For the most part, the majority of the class has shaken out and schools are wrapping things up with their primary choices or moving down the board. That 2* OL [the name escapes me at the moment] that was brought up yesterday is also getting looked at by Oregon. That's just how it works.

Red Shirt
    You got any facts to back that up? #michaelrose #jordanwesterkamp #severalothers
    Diggs, Lambert, VV and Shelton (we dont know if they falls here yet) Beaver, Iese and several others.