Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Weis Gave Michael Rose's Dad A Call

Hybrid View

Charlie Weis Gave Michael Rose's Dad A Call

And Michael tweeted about it:

"I hope we play Nebraska and whip their a**!!!" - Charlie Weis. That's what he told me when I told him you were fully committed to Nebrasaka.
    Michael Rose's Twitter

Rose goes on to explain that Charlie called his Dad, but his Dad told him Michael was solid to Nebraska. One person tweeted to Michael saying "What a class act, eh?" and Michael replied that he wasn't sure if Weis was joking, but thought it was entertaining regardless.

Serious or joking -- Probably not what I would say to a recruit's parents.

I still can't believe Kansas hired him.
    I'm pretty sure Rose had better options besides Kansas after NU.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Nsane View Post
    I'm pretty sure Rose had better options besides Kansas after NU.
    Nolber won't even return Charlies calls.

Varsity
    This is hilarious if true!

All you have to do is take a quick look at Rose's twitter to see he's pretty solid on Nebraska. It's funny that a guy taking over a glorified FCS school would say that to a kid committed to anyone.

Keep it up Weis. You are gonna last about as long (with about as much success) as Turner Gill found at the basketball school that is Kansas.

Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Nsane View Post
    ????? I think Kansas got lucky getting Weis, he is an excellent OC !! Not sure why your in disbelief??

Founding Father
    Quote Originally Posted by hskrncibolo View Post
    ????? I think Kansas got lucky getting Weis, he is an excellent OC !! Not sure why your in disbelief??
    Yea.... Notre Dame was in the top 5 offensively while Chuckles was there huh? Weise was over rated as a HC and failed miserably, Kansas is as blind as SP was.

Quote Originally Posted by hskrncibolo View Post
    I agree for the shear point that he has big name recognition which will help recruit to a school that has traditionally struggled in football. I can't stand the guy but I wouldn't be surprised if he made KU somewhat relevant. He is kind of a Billy C type, had a decent offense rolling, just needed to get some better coaches on the other side of the ball.

Starter
    Why would any parent want their child to play for a coach who can't be professional enough, not to swear while marketing their program to them. I don't care if I swear more times than I use words of the English language. Their is a standard of professionalism that should be displayed by someone of an institute that is looking to take care of my child for the next 4-5 years.

Even the students I coach, no matter if I grew up with their father or mother, whatever, I still speak with respect to the program, school, or whomever I may be representing on the field, court, or track.

Beside Charlie Weis.......you must don't understand what program you are taking over at the moment. Kansas won't be playing Nebraska anytime soon. Especially not during the time Michael will be enrolled here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    Fear of spiders is aracnaphobia, fear of tight spaces is chlaustraphobia, fear of Ameer is Wisdom

Here's the thing to me: Rockhurst is among the best in Kansas City high school football each year.

Kansas relies heavily on pulling Kansas City talent. Why do anything​ that could be looked at negatively?

Sitting just quietly under the cork tree, smelling the flowers
    I'm thinking Chuckles thought that "Nebraska" meant "all you can eat buffet".

Head Lackey
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesBFree View Post
    I'm thinking Chuckles thought that "Nebraska" meant "all you can eat buffet".
    Have you seen the footage of him at his first press conference?

EXCLUSIVE VIDEO...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH_qs...youtu.be&t=15s
    Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

Scout Team

Did you see him at the bball game the other night? What a slob, wrinkled shirt not buttoned up at all.

Husker Immortal
    He was a bust at Notre Dame with the best recruits money can buy. Why do we think he will be successful at KU where you will have to work even harder to be successful?
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Red Shirt
    KU thinks that if they feed him enough he will be as big as Mangino. Once the girth is there, the wins will come

Husker Immortal
    whadda guy