Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Recruiting Violation?

Scout Team

Recruiting Violation?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...notredame-kiel

This article states that Brian Kelly announced Gunner Kiel's decision to sign with ND. Is it my imagination or are coaches not supposed to comment on recruits until they are signed? Just curious, don't know whether this actually came from Kelly or not, may be just the writer's way of putting out the story. Please enlighten me.
    "Try not. Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda

This might be an exception. I think Kiel is already in class thus making him a student and part of the team already. I could be wrong but I think he counts as signed.

Red Shirt
    From what I'm hearing Kelly is blabbing about Mike Nobler taking one of his official visits to ND. Clear violation.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerpilk View Post
    From what I'm hearing Kelly is blabbing about Mike Nobler taking one of his official visits to ND. Clear violation.

It'd be a shame to lose Knobler at this late date, after all the work the staff has put in keeping him happy!

Didn't realize Kiel was already enrolled, makes sense if that's the case. Quick turnaround from his LSU commitment, Les Miles probably puked in his mouth when he heard that his boy had changed his mind.
    "Try not. Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda

Red Shirt
    There are exceptions for Notre Dame and all SEC schools.
    "My job as a football coach is to educate and prepare the kids who come into this program for the rest of their life..." Bo Pelini at the Penn State post game press conference Nov. 12 2011

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by YUENGLING View Post
    There are exceptions for Notre Dame and all SEC schools.
    Perfect response!

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by HUSKERinKC View Post
    This might be an exception. I think Kiel is already in class thus making him a student and part of the team already. I could be wrong but I think he counts as signed.
    I may be wrong, but I don't think the coach can say anything even if the young man is enrolled until he signs his LOI. Obviously, everyone knows what the situation is, but I don't think the coach can mention the recruit's name until he has a signature.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

That is correct....

Quote Originally Posted by carrolltonsker View Post
    I may be wrong, but I don't think the coach can say anything even if the young man is enrolled until he signs his LOI. Obviously, everyone knows what the situation is, but I don't think the coach can mention the recruit's name until he has a signature.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season