Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gunner Kiel now a Golden Domer

Quote Originally Posted by huskon4ever! View Post
    Interesting how Kiel went and spent a few days on campus @ LSU before he decided it wasn't for him... makes you wonder what he learned in just a few short days that would convince him he needed to go somewhere else?
    I was under the impression he hadn't made it to campus when the switch became public. As I understood it, Kiel was due at LSU's facilities with all of the other early enrollees and his absence was basically the first time he let anyone know he wasn't going there.

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    Sounds like a bit of a headcase...
    heck, at least he didn't do the last second fake out with one school's cap and then put on another.

Husker Fan
    moved.

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    heck, at least he didn't do the last second fake out with one school's cap and then put on another.
    still got a couple weeks to go

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by utsker View Post
    still got a couple weeks to go
    i thought i read where he started classes today at ND.

Husker Fan
    merged!

Rutgers is more of a player than many think....

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    I would count this as great news. Fuller is the recruit I really would like for us to pick up and Gunner chosing ND (at least for the time being) has to help our chances with Devin. Rutgers is his back yard but NU has the upper hand on everything else. I'm hoping we can land him personally.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    I was under the impression he hadn't made it to campus when the switch became public. As I understood it, Kiel was due at LSU's facilities with all of the other early enrollees and his absence was basically the first time he let anyone know he wasn't going there.
    Not trying to second guess your sources, but ESPN Insider says he was there for a few days before deciding it wasn't for him.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

"The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Rutgers is more of a player than many think....
    I'm trying to think of why they would be. If NU were as close to him as Rutgers (less say UNO to UNL close), I don't see why a top athlete would choose them over the Huskers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Well look at this! it is true..when one loses one sense..in this case a sense of humor, the other senses are heightened...In this case, a sense of self importance

Because its his home state school....chance to play in front of family.....I could see why....matters to alot of kids...can't blame them one bit....

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    I'm trying to think of why they would be. If NU were as close to him as Rutgers (less say UNO to UNL close), I don't see why a top athlete would choose them over the Huskers.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    Interesting stuff coming from the LSU camp that Lee was practicing as starter for the championship game then a few days before the game Miles switched it to Jefferson. A few players went in and expressed their displeasure of the switch and he sat some of them for portions of the game. Apparently the OC expressed that he thought it was the wrong call as well and Miles told him "If you aren't on my side, go ahead and start looking for a new job after the game". People are speculating that the players were upset because once Lee was told he was going to start the game early in the process, Jefferson was not preparing as he should (late nights out, not drinking the right kind of fluids, etc.).

Anyways, some Tiger fans are speculating this is why Kiehl decommitted. Again, all speculation and I can't see this as truthful. Maybe some of it, but as rumors go, there was probably some stretching of the truth.
    A couple of NO Shock Jocks (who are on Houston & MS radio - its regional) were joking this morning that all Kiel had to do was watch the game plan against 'Bama and anyone who had a modicum of acumen would bail while they still had a chance. They were commenting that even the LSU Co-Eds are questioning Miles (actually, LSU Co-Eds can give any football fans anywhere a run for the money in football knowledge).

They brought up the SI analysis on how poorly Miles has done with the very considerable talent he has recruited at QB.