Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: K Spencer Lindsey (Kearney High) Huskers top target at kicker (with video)

Exclamation K Spencer Lindsey (Kearney High) Huskers top target at kicker (with video)

Being recruited by Coach 'P' and Coach Cotton to walk-on.......anyone seen him kick?

Nebraska's top kicker target for this year looks to be Spencer Lindsay from Kearney High
    Nebraska's top kicker target for this year looks to be Spencer Lindsay from Kearney High. The 5-foot-10, 195-pounder attended Sunday's get together in Lincoln for in-state prospects.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/foo...Lindsay-122094

Ht:5'10"
    Wt:195 lbs
    GPA:3.4
    ACT:23
    Class:2012 (High School)

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Big leg...and accurate to boot....

He's a really good soccer player too. There are some Division II and perhaps I soccer coaches out there that I am sure are not happy to hear about this.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrollsker View Post
    He's a really good soccer player too. There are some Division II and perhaps I soccer coaches out there that I am sure are not happy to hear about this.
    Or the newly crowned FCS Champions (and my school) NDSU, who, according to rivals, are his other choice... interesting.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

"The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."

Red Shirt

is he willing to sit for 2 years behind our current kicker, who has a years worth of very successful experience on him, and will only be a jr next year. ??? regardless, i hope he walks on, its great to keep our instate kids here
    That gov't is best, which governs least -- Thomas Paine

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Power of Corn View Post
    is he willing to sit for 2 years behind our current kicker, who has a years worth of very successful experience on him, and will only be a jr next year. ??? regardless, i hope he walks on, its great to keep our instate kids here
    Maher is a senior in 2012

We do have a skollie kicker though in Bondi....

Quote Originally Posted by JHudson View Post
    Maher is a senior in 2012

Red Shirt
    Wouldn't Kansas State offer?
    "My job as a football coach is to educate and prepare the kids who come into this program for the rest of their life..." Bo Pelini at the Penn State post game press conference Nov. 12 2011

Blackshirt
    I know Spencer. He is a smart individual and has a nose for sports.

I guess hanging around all of those older kids playing soccer since he was 4-5 years old may just make him a real asset for the Huskers, or which ever team provides him an opportunity to preform.

GBR!
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

Red Shirt

Kearney seems to produce more than their share of kickers for us. Whatever they are doing, keep doing it.

Husker Immortal
    We have been so blessed with kickers at NU. It's hard to imagine not having another one to continue the tradition.

What year is Bondi in 2012?
    "Statistics are like the bikini: what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital."

5-Star Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    We have been so blessed with kickers at NU. It's hard to imagine not having another one to continue the tradition.

What year is Bondi in 2012?
    Bonid was a 2011 recruit, and true freshman this year, so he'll be a sophomore next year.
    I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.
    Earl Warren

I expect to die at 110, shot by a jealous husband.
    Thurgood Marshall