Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well Huntsman is out

Oh my!

Well Huntsman is out

Been watching the latest news and it looks like Huntsman has bowed out from the race.

It bothers me that some conservatives did not trust him because he was ambassador to China for BO.

http://news.yahoo.com/republican-hun...023416088.html
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Husker Immortal
    what a shame.

Habitual Line Crosser
    I think he's one guy who might be able to help the Republican party by running as an independent. He'd probably get more votes from the left than the right just due to perception.

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Poyer View Post
    I think he's one guy who might be able to help the Republican party by running as an independent. He'd probably get more votes from the left than the right just due to perception.
    There is nothing in that post I would disagree with, I think it would be close, but agree with the liberals probably tallying more in the end.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

All Big 10
    I still think he should have primaries President Obama. It would have been a tough fight but he had a better chance of winning that nomination and I think he would have won the general election easily.

There are a lot of people that think this run was just to set him up for the next cycle. That he is betting that Obama wins re-election and that he will have an easier run now in 2016.
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    Been watching the latest news and it looks like Huntsman has bowed out from the race.

It bothers me that some conservatives did not trust him because he was ambassador to China for BO.

http://news.yahoo.com/republican-hun...023416088.html
    He was doomed when he came out in support of evolution.

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    I think his downfall was that he was a relative no-name in a crowded field, and he didn't really do anything flashy to get himself noticed (not that it's a bad thing). As far as getting more votes from the left, I think that if he ran as an independent and was one of only 3 people in a general election, people might end up learning more about him, leading to more Republicans voting FOR him. I admit that the more I heard from/about him, the more comfortable I became with him. Others might come to the same conclusion.

He got his name out there for the next election, at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Husker Immortal
    Does he have a shot as being a running mate on the ticket (especially with his endorsement for Romney)?
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -- Vince Lombardi

Habitual Line Crosser
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    I think his downfall was that he was a relative no-name in a crowded field, and he didn't really do anything flashy to get himself noticed (not that it's a bad thing). As far as getting more votes from the left, I think that if he ran as an independent and was one of only 3 people in a general election, people might end up learning more about him, leading to more Republicans voting FOR him. I admit that the more I heard from/about him, the more comfortable I became with him. Others might come to the same conclusion.

He got his name out there for the next election, at least.
    I would have loved a scandal with him involving naked pictures of his daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    I would have loved a scandal with him involving naked pictures of his daughters.
    I think that's something most of us can agree on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If Obama wins this next election, his bowing out gracefully now may give him a shot at 2016.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

It's unfortunate, but inevitable.

I don't think he'd garner much, if any, votes in a general election because of the fear it would instill on the left. If they "waste" their vote on Huntsman, there's a greater likelihood that a Republican will be elected.

I would vote for Huntsman, but will now probably sit this election out... not that it matters for a Californian.

Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    Does he have a shot as being a running mate on the ticket (especially with his endorsement for Romney)?
    Politically, with the whole mormon thing, I doubt it. And that's unfortunate. Anyway, hopefully he spends 4 years positioning himself for '16.

Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    Politically, with the whole mormon thing, I doubt it. And that's unfortunate. Anyway, hopefully he spends 4 years positioning himself for '16.
    Even putting aside the impossibility of a double Mormon ticket, Romney and Huntsman don't like each other. In any event, Romney doesn't need any support to win Utah this election, and he will need to generate enthusiasm with the conservative base with his VP pick.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Even putting aside the impossibility of a double Mormon ticket, Romney and Huntsman don't like each other. In any event, Romney doesn't need any support to win Utah this election, and he will need to generate enthusiasm with the conservative base with his VP pick.
    I think he'll go with Bachmann.