Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I see a Husker Win tonight.

Red Shirt

I see a Husker Win tonight.

I know, I was actually at the first Wisconsin game. And no,I'm not hung over! Some factors that play in to my crazy prediction.

1) Evans and Taylor went off on us that not, about equally. Normal for Taylor. Not for Evans. Just maybe, Diaz and/or Talley can slow down Evans. Or maybe it was a one night fluke.
    2)Diaz and Talley , if still healthy, should provide a change to diversify our offense enough to score a little. We still have to hit threes from somewhere to bring them out of the paint area. But Talley can slash, which no one could that night except 1st 1/2 half Tony. And if we can get the ball into Diaz enough time for him to pop it out to an open shooter and then eventually take it to the hoop, it will change things up a bit.
    3) we have more bodies to rotate in and out this time
    4) I understand their arena can be a tough place to play, but the fans will either be home watching the Packer game or watching it on their phones. They won't notice much what going on on the floor and won't be that into the game unless it is close at the end
    5) Wisconsin has struggled since we played them. Some tough losses, even at home. They are certainly expecting a win to get back on track. But we may see it as a motivation or an opportunity to get an awesome road win. Depends on how much our players want it.

Tell me why I'm wrong, before the game. It'll be too easy after! Serious discussion please.

pray for me ;)

1) They suck

2) See #1

Red Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    1) They suck

2) See #1

See the last statement: "Serious discussion please" Which would actually mean some basketball discussion. If not, go blast away somewhere else. I'll join you after the game!

Scout Team

There very likely will be a Husker win to look at tonight. More likely than not it will be the Husker Woman beating #25 Penn St at Devaney starting at 2 today!

pray for me ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    See the last statement: "Serious discussion please" Which would actually mean some basketball discussion. If not, go blast away somewhere else. I'll join you after the game!
    I cannot be serious when you are telling me that we are going to go to Madison and beat the Badgers after they destroyed us in Lincoln. We will likely be crushed again but if we play great perimeter defense and hit some big threes we might only lose by 10.

I will be happy to say I was wrong later if we pull it out but I see no chance.

Scout Team
    I know, I was actually at the first Wisconsin game. And no,I'm not hung over! Some factors that play in to my crazy prediction.

1) Evans and Taylor went off on us that not, about equally. Normal for Taylor. Not for Evans. Just maybe, Diaz and/or Talley can slow down Evans. Or maybe it was a one night fluke.
    2)Diaz and Talley , if still healthy, should provide a change to diversify our offense enough to score a little. We still have to hit threes from somewhere to bring them out of the paint area. But Talley can slash, which no one could that night except 1st 1/2 half Tony. And if we can get the ball into Diaz enough time for him to pop it out to an open shooter and then eventually take it to the hoop, it will change things up a bit.
    4) I understand their arena can be a tough place to play, but the fans will either be home watching the Packer game or watching it on their phones. They won't notice much what going on on the floor and won't be that into the game unless it is close at the end
    5) Wisconsin has struggled since we played them. Some tough losses, even at home. They are certainly expecting a win to get back on track. But we may see it as a motivation or an opportunity to get an awesome road win. Depends on how much our players want it.

Tell me why I'm wrong, before the game. It'll be too easy after! Serious discussion please.
    I like your analysis and the eternal Husker optimist in me agrees...I hope the boys have the underdog attitude with a chip on their shoulder and I hope the badger players are focused on the packers as well!

No serious discussion from me, lol. I like your analysis and I sure hope you are right. GO BIG RED,,,

All American
    Whats with the odd starting time?
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for
    without receiving.

Red Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Ackos View Post
    Whats with the odd starting time?
    ACC, PAC12 and Big 10 all have 6pm eastern on Sunday's game time slots. Not a bad time really.

Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nebugeater View Post
    There very likely will be a Husker win to look at tonight. More likely than not it will be the Husker Woman beating #25 Penn St at Devaney starting at 2 today!
    Never mind. The woman lost to Penn St today

pray for me ;)

Wow, they kept it close some how. Good for them. I was at a movie so I am not sure how they did it. Have to check the game thread if curiosity gets the best of me.

Red Shirt

Wisconsin has something like 12 turnovers in the first half. And it was a three point game. They got up about by 12 or so once. But most of the game it was somewhere between 5 and 8. We got it down to 2 with under a minute. Had it to three with 17 seconds. Mostly I'd say it was on Wisconsin play poorly. But we did hit some timely shots. and played intense D at times. But then again took some poor shots at key times. One thing was reversed. Wisconsin did not hit a field goal in the last 7:45 of the game. And we still couldn't pull it off. They hit their free throws. And as is typical with Wisconsin, they did not allow us to get to the free line. Just a couple times all game long. And none until the end. So we had our chances , but of course didn't execute well enough. I think many of the factors I predicted were in place. We just didn't do enough to take advantage of them.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    Wow, they kept it close some how. Good for them. I was at a movie so I am not sure how they did it. Have to check the game thread if curiosity gets the best of me.
    Should be that tough to "keep it close"

1. Wisconsin isn't all that good.
    2. They don't generally score enough to blow halfway decent teams out.

Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    Should be that tough to "keep it close"

1. Wisconsin isn't all that good.
    2. They don't generally score enough to blow halfway decent teams out.
    So you're saying NU is halfway decent?

Scout Team
    The radio announcers (pavelka and ???) were appalled that WI went to the free throw line numerous times and NU didn't get there till very late in the game....did we get jobbed or is WI that good on D? Feel kind of bad for Doc as lots of posters here want him to resign and show some kind of remorse. I could see firing him, but he would be crazy to resign and even crazier to give up on his team.