Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Husker staff pushing Valentine for a commit

Husker staff pushing Valentine for a commit

Unusual for this staff to push a kid that hard....not our montra and it has worked the way we do it....however, with a small class and spots filling up they have other options if he doesn't decide soon....he has said the Huskers are #1 all along but has drug the process out....plans to visit FL next....sounds like, as I have heard, Curry will commit if a slot is open next weekend and the visit goes as hoped....so VV needs to pee or get off the pot....

Although I could see a scenerio where we take both too....

But the Huskers want an answer now that Texas prospect Aaron Curry visits on Jan. 20.

“Nebraska coaches are saying that they are taking only one more defensive lineman and they really want it to be me,” Valentine said. “So they really want me to commit if I feel like Nebraska is the right place for me.”

That’s a rare – and probably welcome – bit of pressure from Husker coaches. But Valentine still plans on visiting Florida and home-state Illinois, where new head coach Tim Beckman dearly wants to land the 6-foot-4, 313-pounder.

“It would be tough for me to not go to Illinois,” he said. “I think about that a lot. But I know it’s my opportunity but I need to make a decision that I won’t regret, so I can’t let anyone pressure me.”

More here:

http://sports.omaha.com/2012/01/10/r...-on-the-radar/
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

#1 Husker Fan
    I too read it may be first come first serve basis. But I also wouldnt be surprised if we did take both of them as others have alluded to!!!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

All American
    I'd love both. Valentine has amazing offers and that's usually what I give more attention to (as opposed to STARS), but if I could only take one...it'd be Curry.
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

Travel Squad

I have no preference on these two as I haven't seen film. That being said, i think our staff has been more than patient with the process for VV, no problem in my eyes wanting a commit. I wouldnt be surprised if they told him that if Curry commits on his visit they won't tell him no.

#1 Husker Fan
    After his visit with Florida Vince has stated that Florida may be in the lead at this point. Luckily Bo and JP will be stopping by tonight for an in-home.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Recruit
    Vincent Valentine @48_TheTruth

Nebraska's here for our in-home visit, time to talk business.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein
    A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be. - Albert Einstein

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNUke View Post

Nebraska's here for our in-home visit, time to talk business.
    Sounds like he's been on the SEC circuit!

Recruit
    Another Valentine tweet - not much info....

Just got done talking to Coach Pelini & JP for about 3 hrs lol, we got down to the nitty gritty lol.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein
    A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be. - Albert Einstein

Are those tweets he's getting from UF fans a violation of recruiting rules?

Red Shirt
    Just got done talking to Coach Pelini & JP for about 3 hrs lol, we got down to the nitty gritty lol.

Sounds a bit like Ignacio.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by RedEd View Post
    I am no expert on recruiting rules, but I have to imagine all of the new technology and social media makes it hard to enforce all of the rules. It is probably similar to many of the federal and state laws that can't keep up with the technology. Rule making bodies move slowly and technology moves quickly!

Red Shirt
    Seems like he's really enjoying all of the attention.
    "My job as a football coach is to educate and prepare the kids who come into this program for the rest of their life..." Bo Pelini at the Penn State post game press conference Nov. 12 2011

Big Red Fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YUENGLING View Post
    Seems like he's really enjoying all of the attention.
    +1

Seems to love the attention and looking for the next big gig to make sure he has the right platform to push him forward to the NFL etc.....I understand that to a point....human nature however, some of the comments he probally needs to keep to himself.....hope the staff lays down the 'law' to him and if UF is the better place to him then so be it.....

I wouldn't lose any sleep if Curry gave us a commit this weekend and we closed the book on this kid....but thats just me.....and y'all know how positive I am for the most part of this thing we call recruiting....something about this just got under my craw...

If he comes here he better have the 'goods' on the field...
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Quote Originally Posted by RedEd View Post
    I believe so, but it's incredibly hard to police.

Universities have been making more of a push online (in social media) to keep their fans from breaking rules, but with varying degrees of success. One approach I like comes from Texas A&M. They have a compliance officer on Twitter ( https://twitter.com/#!/tamucompliance ) where fans can ask questions and such. In addition, it seems like they reach out to fans of theirs when they see a problematic situation. Check out their line of tweets - lots of information in them.