Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Four-star DB prospect ( Davian Shelton) interested in NU’s “island” (with video)

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerNCorpus View Post
    Yep. That's why I posted the video...it's a one-on-one interview with a potential Husker. You get to know a player a bit more in a video interview.

Plus, you gotta love the hair.
    Yeah, no I appreciate the video. I'd almost rather see an interview like this than game film; a kid's attitude says a lot about his potential. And I don't really know how to evaluate a player's ability from game film, especially if you don't know much about the competition.

For my money, Kenny Bell has THE hair to end all hair. But Davian's is pretty sweet too.

Will make his official decision on Wednesday.......will be 'N'.....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Correct!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

All American
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperIsDead View Post
    Yeah, no I appreciate the video. I'd almost rather see an interview like this than game film; a kid's attitude says a lot about his potential. And I don't really know how to evaluate a player's ability from game film, especially if you don't know much about the competition.
    Agreed, I'm a big fan of interviews and how the players hold themselves.
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

Red Shirt
    He will be a welcome addition to the class on Wednesday. This year is shaping up nicely!!

Red Shirt
    Good news to be sure, but then I have to ask... where does this leave us with guys like Amos Leggett, Brandon Beaver Corey Thompson, and Raymond Ford? I know Beaver is probably the longest shot of the four, but he has yet to officially announce. I presume with CJax once again not making it, we would take at least one more CB?
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

"The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."

That is correct....Jackson at this point is unknown....

Quote Originally Posted by huskon4ever! View Post
    Good news to be sure, but then I have to ask... where does this leave us with guys like Amos Leggett, Brandon Beaver Corey Thompson, and Raymond Ford? I know Beaver is probably the longest shot of the four, but he has yet to officially announce. I presume with CJax once again not making it, we would take at least one more CB?

Scout Team
    According to the front page article, his official visit was this past weekend, and he left without committing. The cool tone of his quotes doesn't sound promising.

Yes his visit was this past weekend....everything I have heard from relaiable sources is he will be 'N'.....expected to make a decision on Wednesday....

And if you read the Rivals headline teaser it tells a different story....it was quite promising.....

Shelton leaves Nebraska with leader in mind
    California cornerback Devian Shelton said that he found much to his liking while visiting Lincoln.
    http://nebraska.rivals.com/barrier_n...&tid=&mid=&rid=

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoie View Post
    According to the front page article, his official visit was this past weekend, and he left without committing. The cool tone of his quotes doesn't sound promising.

So your theory of not looking at stars (he is a 4-star) yet looking at his offers (not real impressive) is out the door in this case because you like his interview? Just curious....

His offers: Oregon State, Nebraska, Arizona, Arizona State, Idaho, New Mexico, San Diego State, SMU, Utah State, Washington State

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerNCorpus View Post
    Agreed, I'm a big fan of interviews and how the players hold themselves.

Red Shirt
    That is correct....Jackson at this point is unknown....
    Right, but there have been multiple threads about us being in good standing with Leggett, Corey Thompson almost committing after his visit recently, and Ford being a silent commit. Beaver has yet to announce besides saying OU is also high, but at one point we were sitting well along with UW. So my question is if Shelton commits this week, where does that leave us with the other four? We have roughly 6 spots left, depending on what happens with possible defections and we're holding spots for Peat, Valentine and/or Curry, and most likely Fuller so that would push us to 15 if we get all of them (perhaps Alonzo Moore as well or instead of Fuller). Does this put us in a position to take 2 more of these guys or do we look more at someone like Sebastian Smith to fill the need at Safety? Will be interesting to see how this class rounds out.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

"The last 11 days we focused on Nebraska," said Snyder, "and now I know more about them than I want to."

Defections (medical, transfer or just quiting the team) could move this class a bit higher as far as numbers..just some rumblings out there......

Beaver I think the train has passed on....

Valentine I have no clue on....he doesn't seem to know what he wants himself...Curry just might be the guy who gets the the skollie....

Moore I think will be 'N' before its done....50-50 in my mind, but I think he is leaning our way....

Quote Originally Posted by huskon4ever! View Post
    Right, but there have been multiple threads about us being in good standing with Leggett, Corey Thompson almost committing after his visit recently, and Ford being a silent commit. Beaver has yet to announce besides saying OU is also high, but at one point we were sitting well along with UW. So my question is if Shelton commits this week, where does that leave us with the other four? We have roughly 6 spots left, depending on what happens with possible defections and we're holding spots for Peat, Valentine and/or Curry, and most likely Fuller so that would push us to 15 if we get all of them (perhaps Alonzo Moore as well or instead of Fuller). Does this put us in a position to take 2 more of these guys or do we look more at someone like Sebastian Smith to fill the need at Safety? Will be interesting to see how this class rounds out.

Cake or Death?
    So your theory of not looking at stars (he is a 4-star) yet looking at his offers (not real impressive) is out the door in this case because you like his interview? Just curious....

His offers: Oregon State, Nebraska, Arizona, Arizona State, Idaho, New Mexico, San Diego State, SMU, Utah State, Washington State
    Which leads me to a question that maybe you can help me with. Obviously this kid has been noticed as he is a 4* kid, but why not a more impressive list of offers? My following recruiting is really limited to this board so I really don't know. I can think of a couple of reasons why, such as he has no interest in other schools and/or some other schools that may normally be interested don't have a need at his position. RR, this is more just a general recruting question, not making any statements about this kids ability. I guess the major question is, how are so many schools overlooking this kid?

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

Cake or Death?
    Defections (medical, transfer or just quiting the team) could move this class a bit higher as far as numbers..just some rumblings out there......

Beaver I think the train has passed on....

Valentine I have no clue on....he doesn't seem to know what he wants himself...Curry just might be the guy who gets the the skollie....

Moore I think will be 'N' before its done....50-50 in my mind, but I think he is leaning our way....
    Can you enlighten us out of the loop who the rumblings are about?

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by The Impaler View Post
    Which leads me to a question that maybe you can help me with. Obviously this kid has been noticed as he is a 4* kid, but why not a more impressive list of offers? My following recruiting is really limited to this board so I really don't know. I can think of a couple of reasons why, such as he has no interest in other schools and/or some other schools that may normally be interested don't have a need at his position. RR, this is more just a general recruting question, not making any statements about this kids ability. I guess the major question is, how are so many schools overlooking this kid?
    Im not RR by any means, and I dont know much other than there were some grade issues. Alot of schools look at grades and whatnot when looking at offering. Although his coach has said that his grades absolutely will be there and that he will qualify.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

It happens sometimes...being overlooked that is....no rhyme or reason why....Rex Burkhead didnt' exactly get a list of overwhelming offers either and he was a 4-star also....nor did Lavonte David or Todd Peat for that matter....that is just to name three....

USC and UCLA may not have had the need and in 'SC's case they are on scholarship limit as you knwo of 15 this year and 2013 and 2014.....

Seems to have gotten a fair share of west coast offers....

No I can't...was told to me in confidence....

Cake or Death?
    Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    Im not RR by any means, and I dont know much other than there were some grade issues. Alot of schools look at grades and whatnot when looking at offering. Although his coach has said that his grades absolutely will be there and that he will qualify.
    It happens sometimes...being overlooked that is....no rhyme or reason why....Rex Burkhead didnt' exactly get a list of overwhelming offers either and he was a 4-star also....nor did Lavonte David or Todd Peat for that matter....that is just to name three....

USC and UCLA may not have had the need and in 'SC's case they are on scholarship limit as you knwo of 15 this year and 2013 and 2014.....

Seems to have gotten a fair share of west coast offers....
    Thanks fellas. Never thought about the grade issue. Just surprised he doesn't have more offers as he looks like a beast and very physical at his position. At any rate, if it benefits the good guys then it's fine with me.

All American

I disagree that his offer list isn't impressive. Three Pac12 teams. In addition to that, anyone looking at it logically would note that some schools were worried about his academics, hence not offering him.

For future references Red Reign, my general rule is to pay more attention to offers as opposed to star rankings. That's just a general rule.

All American
    There are a few players that have discussed leaving with others. It doesn't mean they will. It's not too difficult to figure out who some of them are nor would you be surprised if you heard their names. ��