Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Four-star DB prospect ( Davian Shelton) interested in NU’s “island” (with video)

I agree on the comparison....and just my opinion, but I think if he has a '10' visit he will be 'N'....he is looking for something better than Oregon State....a real steal if we get him....

Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    Originally committed to Arizona in September, decommitted for obvious reasons. Started looking elsewhere pretty quickly after committing to Oregon State on 12/23. Your right though, Nebraska has a very good shot at this kid. Would be a very good pickup at CB, IMO in the same class as guys like Rios and Beaver.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

When you consider defense, there is no greater tradition in football than the Blackshirts. This is where he can excel AND become part of the legend. OSU does not offer part II.

Some camp video...he has a nasty streak...watch him throw the kid at the start...

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

He's a must get IMO!! The next, in a great line of Pelini secondaries!

Recruit
    RR...

This last video is more telling. He's got quick hips (much more evident here versus the previous game tape)....great closing speed....but what catches my eye with this latest video is his anticipation skills. I know this is a "no pads" video, but the aforementioned skills with that mean streak is a joy to watch.

He's certainly got the prerequisite corner skills. I'd never think of moving him to safety after watching that. (I know...small sample)

Wow! This kid is PHYS-I-CAL! I love his height and long arms, and he uses that to his advantage. great hands and strength...its like he tells the reciever "You're not going anywhere". That one tall kid at the end got so much into a boxing match with him, throwing punches, that he didn't even look at the QB who was tryin to throw a quick out! Very agressive, but totally under control at all times. Any quick burner type 4.4 reciever is going to be so tired of going up against him all game. We need this guy....Bad!

10 year member

Nice find HNC! Hope we can impress him.

Cake or Death?
    Quote Originally Posted by NEsker View Post
    RR...

This last video is more telling. He's got quick hips (much more evident here versus the previous game tape)....great closing speed....but what catches my eye with this latest video is his anticipation skills. I know this is a "no pads" video, but the aforementioned skills with that mean streak is a joy to watch.

He's certainly got the prerequisite corner skills. I'd never think of moving him to safety after watching that. (I know...small sample)
    I agree, guy looks like a beast in that video. Hope he's N.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

Red Shirt
    I love how he challenges at the line and uses his hands to keep the receiver at arms length. He also bit on a couple fakes, and recovered quickly.

Travel Squad
    This kid is a heck of an athlete. Sure hope he decides to come to DONU. We can use him.
    "I have never seen people with more class than I saw at Nebraska. The Nebraska fans, players, cheerleaders, band, officials, coaches, etc., gave me living testimony of what college football should be all about." - Bobby Bowden

All American
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsjrode1 View Post
    Nice find HNC! Hope we can impress him.
    Ditto! He reminds me a bit of Zachary Bowman.
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerNCorpus View Post
    Ditto! He reminds me a bit of Zachary Bowman.
    Sure use a Husker to compare him to.

He reminds me of former Ohio State and current Carolina Panther, Chris Gamble. Similar size and playing style.

Scout Team
    I do not post a lot on the recruiting threads, but MAN WE GOTTA GET THIS KID. A Cb who likes to put his hands on WR at the line, anticipates well, and is not afraid to jump a route...I LIKE THIS GUY

Quote Originally Posted by NEsker View Post
    RR...

Agree completely. That camp video showed a lot more than the game film of what he could do, in my opinion. He made a spin move on one guy who cut inside which was simply beauty. Also the way he continually knocked receivers OB on their routes looked a lot like the NU blackshirts of a a couple of years ago.

Go get him... and don't try to teach him not to be physical.

Love that mean streak!

Good find HNC. He is a physical beast. He would be a HUGE addition to the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    This kid is a beast on film....very physical and a ball-hawk.....this would be a great get....committed to Oregon State....in all honesty to good of a prospect to play their....The staff is finishing real strong....especially if we can land Shelton...

]http://sports.omaha.com/2012/01/11/r...in-nus-island/
    Looks like Tennessee offered and one of the services says he's got high interest and Nu medium. Who knows how reliable?

http://nebraska.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=8&c=1&nid=5480878

Quote Originally Posted by RedEd View Post
    Looks like Tennessee offered and one of the services says he's got high interest and Nu medium. Who knows how reliable?

http://nebraska.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=8&c=1&nid=5480878
    Just checked, and 247 says the same. They have UT as 'Warm,' and Nebraska as 'Cool.' The article I read from the Tennessee site didn't sound too good for Nebraska.

Scout Team
    Tennessee just hired Sunseri as their new DC from Bama, so that may not help us get him either.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/0...e-coordinator/

All American
    Shelton had his visit, and came away very impressed. He may take a trip to Tennessee, but that's up in the air. It appears to me like it's down between Oregon State and Nebraska.

Tough call here...but I think we have a GREAT chance at landing him.
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.