Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 91 to 100 of 100

Thread: Four-star DB prospect ( Davian Shelton) interested in NU’s “island” (with video)

  1. #91
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    111,897
    Thank you...


    Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    I dont want to get into the argument between the recruiting services' rankings and a recruits offer list. I can see both points of view and to be honest, schools and service sites miss out on kids. I wanted to throw my on the offer list. I know there are examples of kids having a below average offer list and still being regarded as top recruits. Red Reign made some nice examples. Davian Shelton is another example. I think the question is more finding the list impressive overall? The way I would ask that is simple. Am I happy to have a kid choose my school over 3-5 other schools of comparable or better prestige. So looking at his offers of Oregon State, Nebraska, Arizona, Arizona State, Idaho, New Mexico, San Diego State, SMU, Utah State and Washington State. Taking away Nebraska, who are 3-5 schools you are happy to be taking away talent from for yourself. For someone who is so in favor of 'who else offered' I am surprised by your stance. Most of those schools are in the bottom half of the NCAA.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  2. #92
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    111,897
    Looks like he may decide closer to signing day.....Huskers it appears will get his commit.....could visit Tennessee....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  3. #93
    #1 Husker Fan
    FCHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins Area
    Posts
    11,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Looks like he may decide closer to signing day.....Huskers it appears will get his commit.....could visit Tennessee....
    His coach said he will announce next week and not this week. And he is possibly looking at Tennessee or Washington this weekend. He wasnt sure yet.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops


    It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.



  4. #94
    Scout Team
    N2FL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,190
    Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    His coach said he will announce next week and not this week. And he is possibly looking at Tennessee or Washington this weekend. He wasnt sure yet.
    Late push from Washington with Beavers DB coach Keith Heyward joining the Husky staff. Bringing Justin Wilcox and Peter Sirmon from Tennessee helps this push as well. I really like what Washington has done with their house cleaning on the defensive side of the ball. Wilcox and Sirmon are very good additions, but my favorite is stealing away Cal's DL coach, Tosh Lupoi. Lupoi is on par with anyone in the country in terms of recruiting. IMO he is clearly one of the top 5 recruiting coaches in the country. Tosh Lupoi is the coach I was yelling for the Huskers and Bo Pelini to consider. The Huskies hit a homerun with these three additions and with Lupoi, I predict a very strong influence in the state of California from here on out. Great pickups.

  5. #95
    #1 Husker Fan
    FCHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins Area
    Posts
    11,459
    Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    Late push from Washington with Beavers DB coach Keith Heyward joining the Husky staff. Bringing Justin Wilcox and Peter Sirmon from Tennessee helps this push as well. I really like what Washington has done with their house cleaning on the defensive side of the ball. Wilcox and Sirmon are very good additions, but my favorite is stealing away Cal's DL coach, Tosh Lupoi. Lupoi is on par with anyone in the country in terms of recruiting. IMO he is clearly one of the top 5 recruiting coaches in the country. Tosh Lupoi is the coach I was yelling for the Huskers and Bo Pelini to consider. The Huskies hit a homerun with these three additions and with Lupoi, I predict a very strong influence in the state of California from here on out. Great pickups.
    Yup, I see Washington finishing strong. He has chosen them as his trip this weekend and not Tennessee. I am interested as to how NU will end up with this class as db. Especially with Leggett commiting to Marshall today and now how Shelton and UW could pan out(He had high praises for them today.) Could be interesting. I agree with you that Bo needs to get a couple strong commits. At least we have Seisay for a start.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops


    It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.



  6. #96
    ToungeInCheek since 2010
    Native's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa City
    Posts
    1,839
    Competing against Udub for Cali guys is going to be difficult every time. Other than husker tradition and probably some of the facilities they have a ton to offer. The view from stadium alone is huge selling point.

    Husky_Stadium3_Seattle.jpg
    No koozies for you. - BigRedMax
    I'm the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — I want to know who the morons are. - Mark Cuban

  7. #97
    Scout Team
    N2FL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,190
    Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    Yup, I see Washington finishing strong. He has chosen them as his trip this weekend and not Tennessee. I am interested as to how NU will end up with this class as db. Especially with Leggett commiting to Marshall today and now how Shelton and UW could pan out(He had high praises for them today.) Could be interesting. I agree with you that Bo needs to get a couple strong commits. At least we have Seisay for a start.
    If Nebraska loses out on Devian Shelton, I think they will put Ath. Alonzo Moore at CB to start his career. I think Moore and Peat are signing day Huskers.

  8. #98
    Guest

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    If Nebraska loses out on Devian Shelton, I think they will put Ath. Alonzo Moore at CB to start his career. I think Moore and Peat are signing day Huskers.
    Thank you, N2.

  9. #99
    Scout Team
    N2FL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Competing against Udub for Cali guys is going to be difficult every time. Other than husker tradition and probably some of the facilities they have a ton to offer. The view from stadium alone is huge selling point.

    Husky_Stadium3_Seattle.jpg
    I am from the Seattle area. The campus, stadium and overall football facilities at Nebraska are better than Washington. The Huskies have a pretty campus right on the Bay and are in the beginning stages of rebuilding their stadium which like you said is right on the water and does have a "Pacific Northwest" backdrop. The Huskies are a bit of a sleeping giant on the West Coast IMO. Look at the success the Huskies had in the mid-80's through the late 90's to see their potential. I am a huge fan of Steve Sarkisian. He boldly fired good friend Nick Holt. It was a very difficult decision to make but he knew it was the right one for the program. It shows he is willing to do whatever is needed to get his program to the elite level. He has already done wonders with their offense and overall recruiting classes have been generally in the top 25. He did an impressive job in his hires on the defensive side of the ball, hiring coaches with impressive resumes and proven track records.

    I think Washington, starting with the 2013 class, will join USC and Oregon as the schools you need to beat out for top California prospects.

  10. #100
    ToungeInCheek since 2010
    Native's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa City
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    I am from the Seattle area. The campus, stadium and overall football facilities at Nebraska are better than Washington. The Huskies have a pretty campus right on the Bay and are in the beginning stages of rebuilding their stadium which like you said is right on the water and does have a "Pacific Northwest" backdrop. The Huskies are a bit of a sleeping giant on the West Coast IMO. Look at the success the Huskies had in the mid-80's through the late 90's to see their potential. I am a huge fan of Steve Sarkisian. He boldly fired good friend Nick Holt. It was a very difficult decision to make but he knew it was the right one for the program. It shows he is willing to do whatever is needed to get his program to the elite level. He has already done wonders with their offense and overall recruiting classes have been generally in the top 25. He did an impressive job in his hires on the defensive side of the ball, hiring coaches with impressive resumes and proven track records.

    I think Washington, starting with the 2013 class, will join USC and Oregon as the schools you need to beat out for top California prospects.
    I am a flatlander who got a UWash tour in 1998ish. View of Stadium out the ocean and them telling me 20,000 fans show up by boat.... impressive and sweet. I wasn't being recruited, the science labs where supposed to be what I was really looking at.... Even so, I know I was impressed.
    No koozies for you. - BigRedMax
    I'm the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — I want to know who the morons are. - Mark Cuban





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •