Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andrus Peat, SN's top recruit, taking time on his decision

Exclamation Andrus Peat, SN's top recruit, taking time on his decision

I will stick to my 75% he is 'N' prediciton....Stanford is our competition at this point from all accounts....as I have said all along its not a given....despite brother Todd and cousin Avery Moss as a Husker and commit....

Peat has a brother at a major BCS program. Todd Peat, Jr. is a defensive lineman who signed with Nebraska about a year ago. Also, Peat’s good friend and high school teammate—DE Avery Moss—picked the Cornhuskers last week over a host of Pac-12 offers. Could be it be a sign of things to come, as far as Peat is concerned?

“Todd’s there, and they’ve turned out a lot of good offensive linemen, which appeals to me,” Peat said. “When I visited there I just felt really comfortable there. I really like the players and there are a lot of good players there. It’s a good style of play in the Big Ten. That’s what offensive linemen like to do, to run it and shove it down your throat.”

Still, he insists the other three schools are legitimate contenders to land him. USC and Stanford are much closer to his Arizona home, while Florida State is an intriguing fourth school.

“The academics at Stanford are second to none—you know that even if you don’t make it professionally in football, you know you’ll be able to get a job anywhere with a degree from Stanford,” Peat said. “With USC, it’s the tradition there. They’ve turned out a lot of first-round offensive tackles, and it’s close to home and a great coaching staff that’ll get you right. Florida State, well I really liked the campus when I saw it last spring and I liked the coaches, and I’m considering going there for an official soon. I want my parents to go there.”

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...#ixzz1j6odUseH
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Hope you're right on this one, RR. He does play it close to the vest, doesn't he? That article is about as noncommittal as it could be.

Recruit

How can you have Moss and not Peat. Doesnt peat moss go together?

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by jmatlock View Post
    How can you have Moss and not Peat. Doesnt peat moss go together?
    Joke has already been used on this subject....

towel boy
    We already have Todd Peat so if we land Andrus do we call him Re-Peat?

Sorry one reused, bad joke deserves another.

Red Shirt

Time for all the Husker fans in Arizona with Nebraska license plates to hit the road and stay on it. I'm not usually superstitious but heck it worked with his brother.

Todd played it close to the vest too and did not decide until the night before NSD....he is doing what is right for him in the end....

Quote Originally Posted by boiler_husker View Post
    Hope you're right on this one, RR. He does play it close to the vest, doesn't he? That article is about as noncommittal as it could be.

I calling it right now, 1/11/12.....I have no clue what this kid is going to do! Mark it down and bank on it

All American
    100% N
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

I still say 75%....not a done deal....nor will the staff take it for granted....

All American
    Oh Ye of little faith.

100%
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrollsker View Post
    I calling it right now, 1/11/12.....I have no clue what this kid is going to do! Mark it down and bank on it
    +1

Husker Immortal
    Have we got the cars with NU plates lined up for 31 Jan out there?

Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    Have we got the cars with NU plates lined up for 31 Jan out there?
    My sister drives a car with an N plate and goes to Arizona State. I always wonder if it might have been her that Peat saw.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorageHusker View Post
    My sister drives a car with an N plate and goes to Arizona State. I always wonder if it might have been her that Peat saw.
    Sometimes I wonder if I "sleepdrove" to Arizona trying to get the scoop on Peat, and inadvertently caused his commit!