Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: @ Huskerwirejay

  1. #1
    Red Shirt

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    2,644

    @ Huskerwirejay

    I must admit I haven't been on Huskermax much for the last 12-15 months. But exactly what and when were the points you turned against doc?

  2. #2
    Husker Immortal Love Tool
    Skunkman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Albion, Nebraska
    Posts
    6,487
    UUUUMMMMM? Have you watched any Men's basketball in those last 12-15 months?
    The Skunk Has Spoken!

    I swear skunk was squeezin my buttocks !
    Skunkman's nose nailed this one.
    Never squat with yer spurs on.
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer
    "You gotta watch the Skunkman."
    I don't want to ruin Skunk's rep, but I have to report that he is a very hospitable and generous guy, besides being a super Husker fan.

  3. #3
    Scout Team

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    3,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkman1 View Post
    UUUUMMMMM? Have you watched any Men's basketball in those last 12-15 months?
    Yes he has but that isn't the question

  4. #4
    I think it was this thread. I'm not Jay though, so I can't be sure.

    http://www.huskermax.com/vbbs/showth...-one-of-2-ways



  5. #5
    huskerborn
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Monds Fan View Post
    I think it was this thread. I'm not Jay though, so I can't be sure.

    http://www.huskermax.com/vbbs/showth...-one-of-2-ways


    A couple things on this.. First, you don't change your mind after dropping 3 games. Well, I wouldn't think 3 games would change a diehard's mind.

    After dropping 3 games that they could have and should have won if NU wanted to stay on pace to get an NCAA bid, the reality of what will transpire at the end of the season has set in.
    but then later he says this..

    However, there is no 'finally came around' moment here.

  6. #6
    Red Shirt

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    2,644
    Yes, I have watched as much as I can from out of state. I listened to some on the audio internet. And look at every box score. So I know what was going on. I also watch a lot of big east and acc bb. I didn't not start this thread as a bashing of anyone. It was a pure honest question. I know Huskerwirejay had been a long time supporter and now seems he wants a change. That is certianly not a criticism of him. I was just curious what changed his mind since he held out longer then most. And changing your mind does not make you less of a fan. THere is a tipping point for everyone. Was just curious what his was. HWJ and I have spatted over the years. BUt I respect his dedication and interest. This was not a bashing thread.

  7. #7
    Husker Immortal Love Tool
    Skunkman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Albion, Nebraska
    Posts
    6,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Yes, I have watched as much as I can from out of state. I listened to some on the audio internet. And look at every box score. So I know what was going on. I also watch a lot of big east and acc bb. I didn't not start this thread as a bashing of anyone. It was a pure honest question. I know Huskerwirejay had been a long time supporter and now seems he wants a change. That is certianly not a criticism of him. I was just curious what changed his mind since he held out longer then most. And changing your mind does not make you less of a fan. THere is a tipping point for everyone. Was just curious what his was. HWJ and I have spatted over the years. BUt I respect his dedication and interest. This was not a bashing thread.

    Good thread!

    And by the way, welcome back!
    The Skunk Has Spoken!

    I swear skunk was squeezin my buttocks !
    Skunkman's nose nailed this one.
    Never squat with yer spurs on.
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer
    "You gotta watch the Skunkman."
    I don't want to ruin Skunk's rep, but I have to report that he is a very hospitable and generous guy, besides being a super Husker fan.

  8. #8
    Knight: Good to hear from you.

    Wonder Monds nailed it. NU could have gone undefeated in the non-con and could have earned a NCAA bid by going .500 in conference but they dropped all 3 turning point games.

    I remember the Knight/Wire News Service (tm) of years gone by. We didn't spat that much.

  9. #9
    huskerborn
    Guest
    Posted on 3/14 with the only game left being NIT game.. Thanks huskers.com for that info
    Wed, Mar 16 Wichita State - at Wichita, Kan. 49 - 76 (L)


    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    I don't have a crystal ball like Red. He might some how know what the future holds. He might be just speculating based on what Doc has been able to do up until now.

    Here are 2 observations:

    1. Doc has out preformed the coaches that have been fired so far. If TO fired Doc today, it would be seen as a stretch. Not a Pederson fires Solich stretch but a stretch, just the same, yet underperformed where we expect the program to be.

    2. Doc has more cards in his hand than ever before...better practice facility starting now, better home court in after next season, more returning starters, more returning minutes, more returning height , more returning rebounds, better assistant coaches, better recruiters, better admin support, better passive fan interest (now that Creighton better local media support than ever before. Only Red knows for sure if any of this will matter.

    What changed your mind?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerborn View Post
    Posted on 3/14 with the only game left being NIT game.. Thanks huskers.com for that info
    Wed, Mar 16 Wichita State - at Wichita, Kan. 49 - 76 (L)


    Quote Originally Posted by HWJ
    Here are 2 observations:

    1. Doc has out preformed the coaches that have been fired so far. If TO fired Doc today, it would be seen as a stretch. Not a Pederson fires Solich stretch but a stretch, just the same, yet underperformed where we expect the program to be.

    2. Doc has more cards in his hand than ever before...better practice facility starting now, better home court in after next season, more returning starters, more returning minutes, more returning height , more returning rebounds, better assistant coaches, better recruiters, better admin support, better passive fan interest.

    What changed your mind?
    My mind hasn't changed re: anything in that quote. Those 2 statement were true on the day they were posted.

    What has changed is this:

    1. Andre the Giant's 15 minutes a game are gone and the guy getting most of them -- Niemann --has a FG% that 35 percentage points lower than Andre.

    2. Diaz is still hobbled and has missed 1/3 of the games.

    NU could have and should have beat Oregon and WF. If they had, they might have been favored in the Creighton game as well. 3-0 was needed. 2-1 could have worked. 0-3 is a total bust.

  11. #11
    huskerborn
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    My mind hasn't changed re: anything in that quote. Those 2 statement were true on the day they were posted.

    What has changed is this:

    1. Andre the Giant's 15 minutes a game are gone and the guy getting most of them -- Niemann --has a FG% that 35 percentage points lower than Andre.

    2. Diaz is still hobbled and has missed 1/3 of the games.

    NU could have and should have beat Oregon and WF. If they had, they might have been favored in the Creighton game as well. 3-0 was needed. 2-1 could have worked. 0-3 is a total bust.
    So were these guys hurt when you decided Doc should go?
    Does being favored make a difference to you when it comes to support given to Doc?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerborn View Post
    So were these guys hurt when you decided Doc should go?
    Does being favored make a difference to you when it comes to support given to Doc?
    Being favored is an indication as to if reasonable people think NU had a good chance to win the game.

    Yes Andre has been hurt all season. Diaz has didn't play in 5 straight games. You should know that from looking at huskers.com. He did come off the bench against Ill and get ~22 min.

  13. #13
    huskerborn
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    Being favored is an indication as to if reasonable people think NU had a good chance to win the game.

    Yes Andre has been hurt all season. Diaz has didn't play in 5 straight games. You should know that from looking at huskers.com. He did come off the bench against Ill and get ~22 min.
    So being an underdog means reasonable people think NU will lose, lol, ok. Is that how you determine if a coach should be fired?

    You are 100% correct about Andre, what about Diaz, was he hurt when you decided Doc should go?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerborn View Post
    So being an underdog means reasonable people think NU will lose, lol, ok. Is that how you determine if a coach should be fired?

    You are 100% correct about Andre, what about Diaz, was he hurt when you decided Doc should go?
    Yes. He was hurt last season. He saw a foot surgeon in the off season. He went back to the foot specialist after the Dec 10th game when he only played 22 minutes.

    I have made it utter clear when and why I think Doc will be gone at the end of this season. I can't help you if you lack the intellectual capacity to understand what I have written on this topic.

    On a related note, I won't teach a pig to sing.

  15. #15
    huskerborn
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    I can't help you if you lack the intellectual capacity to understand what I have written on this topic.

    On a related note, I won't teach a pig to sing.
    Wow, another personal attack.







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •