Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Davante Bourque has NU

Quote Originally Posted by uncertainbyprinciple View Post
    He's got wheels, but an awful lot of those runs look like products of great blocking and/or poor defense.

Still, at 6'3'' 200 he moves well for his size and normally he would be playing TE or WR at that size in HS. Anyone know what size of class this is 4A/3A? That would give you an idea of what kind of talent he plays against.

Correct RS in 2009 and sat out 10 & 11 due to transfer rules.....good question on 'Bama....then again he transfered to C. Michighan and they probally never thought he would end up at a school like Nebraska.....

Fullback indeed out of high school:

listed as the No. 11 fullback by Scout.com and 15th by Rivals.com ...
    http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-foo...ow_mike00.html

Perhaps... Maybe they see him as a possible FB/big back....as it looks like Christian Powell may stay in CA anyway at UCLA....although I never thought he was that interested in Nebraska anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by 70county View Post
    marrow has yet to play a down of college ball, and i wonder how hard alabama tried to keep him in the fold? im sure a few guys leave the sec and turn out to be very productive, but as RR stated, he's more of a fullback anyway.

perhaps we need to hold off recruiting him for a couple more weeks if we do really want him. last man in might get this one! we shall see...
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    The three young RBs are going to be fine....hard to impress when you don't get the ball much....I don't see any of them leaving.....might perhaps RS one of them next season....

Honestly we don't need a RB in this class in my opinion....the staff must think this young man is the real deal....

Morrow will be the FB next year....

Oh and FWIW he was committed to Texas A&M and decommitted to commit to LSU....and has now decommitted from LSU....makes you go hhhhmmmmm.....and Tennessee is after him real hard too....and he seems to be interested in them also.....

Not sure we land him or if we really want too with a kid who has decommitted twice already.....
    We had the discussion about Kenny Lawler a few weeks back and whether Nebraska should sign a 2nd WR to this class. I would put Davante Bourque in the same catagory as Lawler, in that he is too good to pass up. I thought that about Lawler, and IMO Bourgue is a better prospect than Lawler because he can play RB, S or WR. I think he ends up at Tennessee or Miami.

not sure this is the one, but i really think we need running backs. the 3 freshman failed to impress (little opurtunity...for what reason?) and not be surprised of one leaves and one just never pans out. leaving us 1 after rex. also can any of them run between the tackles? like QB, i think we should be going after top flight RB every year. perhaps with 3 last year and a small class along with not getting a top flight committ this year we may be able to sneak threw without 1, but next year we need to hunt 1 down badly.. we need running backs much more than a WR...
    King Frazier is somewhat bigger than the threebacks. Who knows.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/foo...Frazier-122404

Visiting Nebraska this weekend. Miami trip wasn't enough to sway him from Tennessee, we'll see if Nebraska is.

Incredibly interesting situation with him visiting, given that we're sitting pretty with Imani Cross as a likely Husker lean.

If Cross commits this visit probally won't happen...

Funny both guys Tennessee commits at one time...makes you wonder....

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    Visiting Nebraska this weekend. Miami trip wasn't enough to sway him from Tennessee, we'll see if Nebraska is.

Incredibly interesting situation with him visiting, given that we're sitting pretty with Imani Cross as a likely Husker lean.

Red Shirt
    ill say it again, we need backs with a little size. lots of talk about coaches hoping to get more out of okafor last spring. not sure we would take both bourque and cross, but it wouldnt surprise me with both ward and okafor aparently gone...as for frazier, hope he pans out to be the next jarvis redwhine but until a walk-on contributes, i generally dont consider them likely major conrtibutors....obviously nebraska has done well in that department but the reality is a large percetage of scholarship guys never contribute, let alone walk-ons. keep in mind that tyson broekemeier, after a big allstar game, had many on this board claming we didnt need a QB recruit in this class...thankfully the coaches are trying to get 2.

any prefrence red? cross/bourque

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post

I was surprised to see him still in the mix as well. I thought he was Tennessee bound - still do. Pretty obvious this staff wants to bring in a bigger back, perhaps even a hybrid RB/FB combo - if the right guy is there.

I think the Huskers are sitting really pretty with Imani Cross so this could be a case of taking a guy like Davante Bourque because he is 'too good to pass up'. He wants to play RB, but he could easily transition to WR or Safety. In fact, I think those might be better spots for him in college. Devin Fuller wants to play QB, but could be moved to WR or DB. The staff could do the same with Bourque?

In the end, I think he stays a Vol, but they are the 3rd team he has committed to so he may be 'swayable'?

Scout Team
    any prefrence red? cross/bourque
    I am not RR, but I thought I would throw out my opinion anyways. I like them both, but personally like Davante Bourque more.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    I am not RR, but I thought I would throw out my opinion anyways. I like them both, but personally like Davante Bourque more.
    interesting points you made about his versatility. talked about it a bit in the a. moore thread about players often find their natural position after getting to college. get those athletes here, and let the chips fall.

I'd take Cross myself....

Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    The three young RBs are going to be fine....hard to impress when you don't get the ball much....I don't see any of them leaving.....might perhaps RS one of them next season....

Honestly we don't need a RB in this class in my opinion....the staff must think this young man is the real deal....

Morrow will be the FB next year....

Oh and FWIW he was committed to Texas A&M and decommitted to commit to LSU....and has now decommitted from LSU....makes you go hhhhmmmmm.....and Tennessee is after him real hard too....and he seems to be interested in them also.....

Not sure we land him or if we really want too with a kid who has decommitted twice already.....
    He had some nagging injuries and had sat out a year but I predict Braylon Heard is the one who will break out next year.
    Husker follower since 1962

Red Shirt
    Anyone going to Tennessee should wonder if the coaching staff that recruited them will be there long. Tennessee won only one game last year against SEC opponents and another losing season may lead to a coaching change.
    "My job as a football coach is to educate and prepare the kids who come into this program for the rest of their life..." Bo Pelini at the Penn State post game press conference Nov. 12 2011

Red Shirt
    Coach Brown wanted Okafor to become a "war daddy", but it never happened.

ill say it again, we need backs with a little size. lots of talk about coaches hoping to get more out of okafor last spring.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by YUENGLING View Post
    Anyone going to Tennessee should wonder if the coaching staff that recruited them will be there long. Tennessee won only one game last year against SEC opponents and another losing season may lead to a coaching change.
    Living in Nashville, I agree to an extent, especially after the loss to Kentucky(my other fave team). Oh and in the loss to UK, the Cats played a WR at QB because all of their QB's were injured...I LOVED THIS GAME!!!!!