Great afternoon for a basketball game NU vs MSU in Lincoln today.
The pre-game was decent, got the crowd and players pumped up. Huskers get off to a quick start but unfortunately the game didn't end in the first 15 minutes. Doc's teams struggle at playing 40 minutes. I heard from numerous fans that Doc needs to go and of course I agreed. Is TO really going to give him 4-5 more years? Wow! I will say The Bob did look old from the outside and inside, the Fairgrounds around The Bob looked pathetic. Who is in charge of making sure the grounds are kept up........ridiculous. The person in charge should be FIRED!
The main issues with this team have been reinforced after watching them in person.
1) No play makers except for #23
2) We were down 7 with 1 minute to go and Doc OR players are working the ball around like they need to milk the shot clock.....wow I think they have been conditioned like a pavlov dog to not take shots early (sadly, even when they are losing and they need one)
3) No offensive rebounding, every shot we took at least 3 players sprinted back after the shot........no one crashes the boards. This is really bad coaching and a clear sign of playing "not to lose"
4) Our man-to-man defense is ok, no surprise since Doc is good at coaching defense
5) No full court press at all, never mixed up our defense........strange coaching
6) I think we had 1 or 2 fast break baskets............amazing at this level of basketball
7) No post game at all
8) Ubel and Niemann need to work on the pick and roll, they are absolutely no threat in that series
Lil' Red was actually more entertaining than the basketball team.