Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Funny Charts

Funny Charts

I make no claim that this is factual. It look like it could have come from the Onion.

Red Shirt
    Why do you care? What is your point? What is your take on this?

Cornhusker since 1969
    Quote Originally Posted by kpaso View Post
    O'Reilly's a tool?

Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska1 View Post
    O'Reilly's a tool?

Church
    'Yes, my guard stood hard when abstract threats
    Too noble to neglect
    Deceived me into thinking
    I had something to protect
    Good and bad, I define these terms
    Quite clear, no doubt, somehow
    Ah, but I was so much older then
    I'm younger than that now.'

Quote Originally Posted by kpaso View Post
    I think it's funny that anyone would take the time to make a chart comparing the amount of time devoted to covering the War on Christmas vs. Actual Wars.

I guess if you don't see the humor in it, my explanation isn't going to help.

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    I think it's funny that anyone would take the time to make a chart comparing the amount of time devoted to covering the War on Christmas vs. Actual Wars.

I guess if you don't see the humor in it, my explanation isn't going to help.
    Hilarious. Take 15 shows during the Christmas season and make a chart "proving" that O'Reilly doesn't care much about our wars. Peed my pants laughing so hard.

Thanks to Huskerwirejay and Media Matters for bringing this hilarious anecdote to Huskermax.

Who said it proves anything?

Ayyy!
    Who said it proves anything?
    No one here, but the site where you got it seems to think it holds some importance.

Either way, I think we can agree that it's downright hilarious, right?

I haven't seen the context in which the chart was used. Only the chart itself. I was post to Facebook by someone and who thought it was funny and I posted it here.

If you don't think it's funny, I don't want to try to convince you otherwise. I respect that we might have different styles of humor that we enjoy. I am guessing you didn't laugh at any of the David Sedaris videos I posted before Christmas. At least you did accuse me of stating that they 'prove' anything.

Ayyy!
    I haven't seen the context in which the chart was used. Only the chart itself. I was post to Facebook by someone and who thought it was funny and I posted it here.

If you don't think it's funny, I don't want to try to convince you otherwise. I respect that we might have different styles of humor that we enjoy. I am guessing you didn't laugh at any of the David Sedaris videos I posted before Christmas. At least you did accuse me of stating that they 'prove' anything.
    I guess next time it would be important for you follow the advice of the Girl Scouts and "consider the source," especially since the picture link you posted clearly states that it was from Media Matters.

Here is the url you posted for the picture: http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/s...-wocchart1.JPG
    Here is the site it came from: http://mediamatters.org/blog/201112220015

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    I guess next time it would be important for you follow the advice of the Girl Scouts and "consider the source," especially since the picture link you posted clearly states that it was from Media Matters.

Here is the url you posted for the picture: http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/s...-wocchart1.JPG
    Wow, I noticed a great deal of HATE in the comments section there.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

I thought it was funny. You I clicked the link to the source image, choose copy the image location and pasted it into the thread. I even pointed out that it might not be factual.

The source doesn't detract from the humor, IMHO. Can it not be funny if the people who created it got the money for their salary from George Soros?

Ayyy!
    I thought it was funny. You I clicked the link to the source image, choose copy the image location and pasted it into the thread. I even pointed out that it might not be factual.

The source doesn't detract from the humor, IMHO. Can it not be funny if the people who created it got the money for their salary from George Soros?
    You were right in your earlier post when you said we must have different styles of humor that we enjoy. I prefer things that are actually funny.

ok.

Do you believe that it is not funny because of the site where it was first published?

ok.

Do you believe that it is not funny because of the site where it was first published?
    I don't want to speak for thill, but my guess is that he probably believes it is not funny because it is not funny.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Blackshirt

You were right in your earlier post when you said we must have different styles of humor that we enjoy. I prefer things that are actually funny.
    Funny is in the eye of the beholder (and depends on whether you view it through your left eye or your right eye)
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

Ayyy!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    I don't want to speak for thill, but my guess is that he probably believes it is not funny because it is not funny.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Funny is in the eye of the beholder (and depends on whether you view it through your left eye or your right eye)
    I don't think this would be particularly funny even if I were looking at it through your eyes. This, on the other hand, is pretty doggone funny:
    (caution, language)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIcx_rxTstc

Correct.

I don't think this would be particularly funny even if I were looking at it through your eyes. This, on the other hand, is pretty doggone funny:
    (caution, language)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIcx_rxTstc
    That right there is hilarious. "WE'LL DO IT LIVE!" makes me start laughing every time I hear it.