Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Romney Won't Release Tax Returns

Antediluvian Abrasiveness

Romney Won't Release Tax Returns

The dems will a heyday with this....and they're entitled to, IMO.

Mitt Romney, a multimillionaire who is by far the wealthiest of the Republican presidential candidates, said he has no plans to release his income tax returns if he wins his party's nomination.

Romney, whose most recent disclosure in August estimated his personal wealth as high as $250 million, said yesterday he had already released extensive financial information and had no “current plans” to make his tax returns public.

If the former Massachusetts governor wins the nomination and sticks to his plan, he would be one of the only presidential nominees in the last three decades to withhold his income tax return. While income tax information is private and there is no legal obligation to disclose it, presidents and nominees for the office have done so routinely since the 1970s.
    http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ess/712239813/

We already know he's a wealthy corporate guy.....why is this important? Don't we already know the source of his income?

God of Huskermax

I don't think he should have to.

Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    I don't think he should have to.
    He doesn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    The dems will a heyday with this....and they're entitled to, IMO.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ess/712239813/
    The good news is we won't have to. He'll change his mind in a few weeks anyway!

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    The media hasn't asked for mine yet. Probably because they're not interested in seeing all the zeros.

God of Huskermax

He doesn't have to.
    Yeah, I worded that wrong shoulda said, IMO it doesn't make a lick of difference to me if he does or doesn't.

Ayyy!
    Yeah, I worded that wrong shoulda said, IMO it doesn't make a lick of difference to me if he does or doesn't.
    I'm pretty much with you on that. Everyone knows he's wealthy. Doesn't really matter how many millions he makes, as long as it's legal.

He'll disclose it sooner or later anyway, I'm sure.

Seriously, my only reason for posting it was to pre-empt your post calling for consistency and accusing the pubs on the board of hypocrisy. Sorry for ruining your black panther party.

All Legend

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    The media hasn't asked for mine yet. Probably because they're not interested in seeing all the zeros.
    Are you part of the 47%???I think the controversy will be when people see the % of tax he pays each year. All I know is I paid, with FICA and payroll, well over 40% of my income in taxes this year (and that's before sales tax and in addition to $20,000 in interest on loans taken out to be more productive, and therefore providing more tax base). The tax system in our country is a disaster.
    "We need education in the obvious more than investigation of the obscure."

"If you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

“A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.”

Ayyy!
    Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    Are you part of the 47%???I think the controversy will be when people see the % of tax he pays each year. All I know is I paid, with FICA and payroll, well over 40% of my income in taxes this year (and that's before sales tax and in addition to $20,000 in interest on loans taken out to be more productive, and therefore providing more tax base). The tax system in our country is a disaster.
    Ha! I wish I could lower my tax responsibility that much!

God of Huskermax

Seriously, my only reason for posting it was to pre-empt your post calling for consistency and accusing the pubs on the board of hypocrisy. Sorry for ruining your black panther party.
    Next time try wearing your magic shoes.

Blackshirt

Are those zeros in front of or behind the decimal point?
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

Blackshirt

I'm pretty much with you on that. Everyone knows he's wealthy. Doesn't really matter how many millions he makes, as long as it's legal.

He'll disclose it sooner or later anyway, I'm sure.
    I would imagine if he and his staff aren't concerned that not only the amount but the source of his income could be used against him by his opponents. Plus it would certainly shoot down this out-of-work noninsider political image he has tried to wrap himself in.

Ayyy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Are those zeros in front of or behind the decimal point?
    all across the board

Ayyy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    I would imagine if he and his staff aren't concerned that not only the amount but the source of his income could be used against him by his opponents. Plus it would certainly shoot down this out-of-work noninsider political image he has tried to wrap himself in.
    "out-of-work" image? How has he done that?

Blackshirt

"out-of-work" image? How has he done that?
    Thill I have heard several sound bites where he says exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    Forgive me if I'm wrong on this, but you haven't made partner yet, have you? Just wait, my friend. Just wait.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Forgive me if I'm wrong on this, but you haven't made partner yet, have you? Just wait, my friend. Just wait.
    Yup. At some point in time CM will be paying his "fair share." [/Obama]