Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Can you believe people get this emotional over a non-Husker football game?

pray for me ;)

Can you believe people get this emotional over a non-Husker football game?

http://packersnews.greenbaypressgaze...0101/312210028

APPLETON — A drunken woman grabbed her 11-year-old daughter by the neck and choked her on Sunday after becoming angered by the Green Bay Packers game, police said.The 36-year-old Grand Chute woman was charged Monday in Outagamie County Circuit Court with felony child abuse and misdemeanor counts of bail jumping and disorderly conduct.
    Police were called about 8:15 p.m. Sunday to a Grand Chute hotel where the girl told police her mother grabbed her by the neck during the game.
    The woman was drinking alcohol and became upset because the Packers were losing to the Kansas City Chiefs. The girl said that after the Packers lost, her mother choked her again with enough force that she couldn’t breathe, the criminal complaint said.
    The Post-Crescent is not naming the woman to protect the identity of the girl.
    The woman’s husband told police she also threw her dinner on the floor, broke a lamp and tried to punch him in the face because she was upset about the game, the Packers’ first loss in 14 games this season.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    http://packersnews.greenbaypressgaze...0101/312210028

APPLETON — A drunken woman grabbed her 11-year-old daughter by the neck and choked her on Sunday after becoming angered by the Green Bay Packers game, police said.The 36-year-old Grand Chute woman was charged Monday in Outagamie County Circuit Court with felony child abuse and misdemeanor counts of bail jumping and disorderly conduct.
    Police were called about 8:15 p.m. Sunday to a Grand Chute hotel where the girl told police her mother grabbed her by the neck during the game.
    The woman was drinking alcohol and became upset because the Packers were losing to the Kansas City Chiefs. The girl said that after the Packers lost, her mother choked her again with enough force that she couldn’t breathe, the criminal complaint said.
    The Post-Crescent is not naming the woman to protect the identity of the girl.
    The woman’s husband told police she also threw her dinner on the floor, broke a lamp and tried to punch him in the face because she was upset about the game, the Packers’ first loss in 14 games this season.
    She must be a Packer shareholder. I mean, no adults become emotionally involved in a game they are not playing themselves, do they?

But if she has a personal interest in the business, that is a different story.
    "Those mothers would rather see the country go down in flames than let the times change."

-- Samuel L. Jackson

Big Red Fan!!!

The daughter must have been a Chiefs fan!
    I know my son always roots against the Packers because it's my wife's favorite team. Darn kids!

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFanz View Post
    I know my son always roots against the Packers because it's my wife's favorite team.
    ouch!
    "Those mothers would rather see the country go down in flames than let the times change."

-- Samuel L. Jackson

Oh my!
    Bail jumping, she has other problems...
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Recruit
    I can. I heard once (no link, sorry) that domestic violence calls surge after Husker losses. I'm sure it's true for lots of crazy fan folks. Not encouraging for sure.
    "The ecphorized exclamation of athletic deficiency in the persona non grata of one Patrick H. Ricketts, esq."

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by OhRicketts! View Post
    I can. I heard once (no link, sorry) that domestic violence calls surge after Husker losses. I'm sure it's true for lots of crazy fan folks. Not encouraging for sure.
    AZ State game, 1996, I think it was up like 40% in the week following the loss across NE.

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

Red Shirt
    drunken cheesehead, enough said

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    AZ State game, 1996, I think it was up like 40% in the week following the loss across NE.
    Holy crap, that game was the first date EVER with my wife. Do you know how hard it was to keep the radio OFF and pay attention to her when I knew that if I could just tune in, the Huskers would turn it around...?

In retrospect, I should have turned on the game, cheered the Huskers to victory, and let the chips fall where they may...

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Rick View Post
    Holy crap, that game was the first date EVER with my wife. Do you know how hard it was to keep the radio OFF and pay attention to her when I knew that if I could just tune in, the Huskers would turn it around...?

In retrospect, I should have turned on the game, cheered the Huskers to victory, and let the chips fall where they may...
    Haha. You sound a bit ambivalent toward your wife...
    "The ecphorized exclamation of athletic deficiency in the persona non grata of one Patrick H. Ricketts, esq."