Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leesburg, VA Courthouse Xmas display

Junior Varsity

Leesburg, VA Courthouse Xmas display

This is why hippies and atheists will never be taken seriously...

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerDynasty View Post
    And the guy who put up the skeletal Claus has never bought a Christmas present?!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

pray for me ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Rick View Post
    Umm, those are pastafarians, not atheists. Atheists don't believe in the FSM.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    Ah yes, the pastafarians. My bad...

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    Did you make it to page 2? That guy sounds like he REALLY does believe in FSM.

pray for me ;)

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerDynasty View Post
    Did you make it to page 2? That guy sounds like he REALLY does believe in FSM.
    People believe crazy things.

"A man's got to believe something. I believe I'll have another drink." - W.C.Fields

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Rick View Post
    Some Chrisitans (though certainly not all) are so insecure about their faith they can tolerate no dissent, apparently.
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

Travel Squad

I never understand why people make such a big deal about these things. Both sides of the argument strike me as fiercely judgmental, irrational, or downright stupid. Does it ruin Christmas if there's no nativity scene on a public lawn? Is it worth antagonizing with ridiculous displays like the skeleton Santa?

Maybe we should sponsor a new amendment that instructs people to lighten the hell up!

Antediluvian Abrasiveness
    Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    Some Chrisitans (though certainly not all) are so insecure about their faith they can tolerate no dissent, apparently.
    I don't think you're in the cafe enough to understand what's occuring here or why it's occurring.

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Can someone tell me what the point is in putting up Flying Spaghetti Monster displays and such? Is it because people really believe in the FSM? Or that it/he is an important figure? Or that this is a sacred time of year for them?

Or is it just to be mocking ********* who think they are superior to others?

pray for me ;)

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    Can someone tell me what the point is in putting up Flying Spaghetti Monster displays and such? Is it because people really believe in the FSM? Or that it/he is an important figure? Or that this is a sacred time of year for them?

Or is it just to be mocking ********** who think they are superior to others?
    I would guess the latter although I doubt superiority comes into play.

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I don't think you're in the cafe enough to understand what's occuring here or why it's occurring.
    I don't know if that's an insult or a compliment but I'll take it either way.
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post

Or is it just to be mocking ********* who think they are superior to others?
    It sure sounded like the one guy in the article actually believed it.

The FSM is an important concept. It was a brilliant rebuttal to Kansas politicians trying to force intelligent design into public school curriculums. But I would say the FSM movement has jumped the shark when when they try putting up Xmas displays.