Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Coach Beck 'hints' at More Recruits Leaning Nebraska's Way

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    120,279

    Coach Beck 'hints' at More Recruits Leaning Nebraska's Way

    FYI.....

    Offensive coordinator Tim Beck hinted Wednesday, though, that more recruits might be leaning NU's way.

    "The media knows what the players want them to know," he said.
    "Sometimes when you're trying to convince guys to come across the country to come to your school, it doesn't happen as quickly as maybe you'd like it to happen,"
    Papuchis said. "We're in the battle with some guys that are really good players."

    Eastern Arizona College cornerback Mohammad Seisay, considering NU, is expected to sign a national letter of intent when the mid-year juco signing period begins Wednesday.

    Much more here:

    http://www.omaha.com/article/2011121...712149773/1001
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  2. #2
    He's got some size for a corner. Do you think he'd have a chance to replace ciante evans or andrew green?

  3. #3
    Red Shirt
    HuskerGene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South of North Omaha
    Posts
    1,684
    Thanks RR, good quotes indeed. Hopefully when the next guy signs it will open the floodgates.

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    120,279
    Yup....

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerGene View Post
    Thanks RR, good quotes indeed. Hopefully when the next guy signs it will open the floodgates.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  5. #5
    Big Red Fan!!!

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,454
    Thanks RR for finding these gems for us! I really appreciate the work you do on this!

  6. #6
    Scout Team
    johnhoie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,833
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkfanseth View Post
    He's got some size for a corner. Do you think he'd have a chance to replace ciante evans or andrew green?
    Green played great down the stretch. But after watching that NW wide receiver blow right past Evans, I think Ciante is just too slow to be a good corner. Someone will have to step up on that side next year.

  7. #7
    Junior Varsity
    Californication's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    6,628
    It has a lot to do with technique, not speed. Good technique players almost never get burned. Speed helps to recover if you do get beat, but, fast or not, bad technique gets you burned.
    When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion. - A. Lincoln

    We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. - Anais Nin

    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir W. Churchill

    Spend 50% of your time taking care of your business and 50% leaving everyone else's alone.



  8. #8
    Junior Varsity
    BigMacHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    5,058
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoie View Post
    Green played great down the stretch. But after watching that NW wide receiver blow right past Evans, I think Ciante is just too slow to be a good corner. Someone will have to step up on that side next year.
    Evans may be faster than Dennard. The knock on Dennard at the next level is his lacking "elite speed". The difference between Evans and Dennard is Dennard would not have allowed himself to get in the position Evans did. That NW wide reiver (Jeremy Ebert) does have elite speed, I highly doubt there is a CB playing CFB that could have caught him in that situation.

  9. #9
    Junior Varsity
    BigMacHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    5,058
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkfanseth View Post
    He's got some size for a corner. Do you think he'd have a chance to replace ciante evans or andrew green?
    It's a good thing the staff doesn't give up on kids as fast as fans do.

  10. #10
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    947
    It's very quite, considering we had 6 visitors Today and now is the end of recruiting for almost a month during bowl season.
    Are players playing this down to the line more this year or are the guys we have offered playing it?

    It seems that our players, that we recruit become more players in the recruit game than other teams that get early comits up front and don't have to sweat it out every year--******?

    Lets hope that this weekend give us at least 2/3 comits and we continue to play the game out!

  11. #11
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    120,279
    No its not the end of recruiting at all.....

    Pretty normal.....



    Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Wolf View Post
    It's very quite, considering we had 6 visitors Today and now is the end of recruiting for almost a month during bowl season.
    Are players playing this down to the line more this year or are the guys we have offered playing it?

    It seems that our players, that we recruit become more players in the recruit game than other teams that get early comits up front and don't have to sweat it out every year--******?

    Lets hope that this weekend give us at least 2/3 comits and we continue to play the game out!
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  12. #12
    Red Shirt
    Paramus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,558
    I decided a long time ago not to worry about what happens in recruiting until at least 3 February each year.

  13. #13
    Junior Varsity
    Brew City Husker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Paramus View Post
    I decided a long time ago not to worry about what happens in recruiting until at least 3 February each year.
    Kind of fun to watch, but I don't exert any emotional energy on it either.

  14. #14
    Travel Squad

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Paramus View Post
    I decided a long time ago not to worry about what happens in recruiting until at least 3 February each year.
    Is that why you are on the recruiting board???

  15. #15
    Red Shirt
    Paramus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Brew City Husker View Post
    Kind of fun to watch, but I don't exert any emotional energy on it either.
    I used to enjoy following it, but its too unpredictable. It seems like you never know what a kid is going to decide or when he is going to decide. You get your hopes built up, and then get disappointed. So now I follow it loosely. Like you, I find it doesn't pay to get emotionally involved with it.

    Whenever a kid verbally commits, I'll read the article about him, but that is about all the interest I have in recruiting. I like to read about each player after they sign on the 3rd, and then maybe look at how the other schools did.







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •