Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is Suh is out to hurt his public image???

Why is Suh is out to hurt his public image???

Give me a break. A simple question, "Did you apologize to your teammates?" Can't answer that. Suh is building himself into a egotistocal villan whether he realizes that or not. What happened to this humble, hard working straight laced man that came out of the univ. of Nebraska?
    There are some disturbing answers from Suh during this interview – Seems to be a lot of “ME” in those answers, nothing about the other people in the car crash, etc. – Interesting………………………….

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/msn/ndamukong_suh_leaves_interview_after_accident_ques tions_audio/8735248
    Never grow up, Never grow old.

Group B
    happens all the time. Suh has the right to answer or not answer any question he wants. He is not obligated to answer any question. I thought he did a good job of letting the two knuckle heads know that he wanted to talk about football but they were hell bent on talking about the crash. Having said all of that. Suh has alot of work ahead of him to repair his current image.
    That's not what he said you ignorant wretch. Your Spanish is worse than your English! - Johnny Ringo.

Scout Team
    When I look at Suh, it reminds me of the brand new freshman who tries to bench press 400 lbs to impress the seniors.

He's still sort of a "rookie," if you will; he's only got 2 years of NFL experience compared to guys like Kyle Vanden Bosch or Ahman Green who have played countless seasons in the big leagues. I get the feeling that Suh is trying too hard to impress the veterans so he's putting on a tough guy image. He wants to intimidate other players and make them respect him.

If you know anything about sports culture, this is common. The new kid will either "hit back," or they'll just get dumped on by the vets for a few years. Everybody's gotta take their lumps.

It sounds like Suh is trying to avoid that from happening by scaring off any would-be harassers. It seems to be working, but it's also coming at the cost of his "nice guy" image. I love Suh, but it makes me love a guy like Grant Wistrom that much more. Similar situation - another Nebraska D-Lineman who went to the NFL and dominated. But Grant took the high road and was never known as a dirty player.

No longer a Suh fan. The guy is a dirty egotistical jerk. I was big on him when he was at Nebraska, but that was before he was stomping on down linemen (he clearly pureposefully stomped the guy and Suh denying it was idiotic) and being a jerk to the media. Enjoy missing the playoffs, Suh.

Disclaimer: I am a Packers fan.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by rawkfanseth View Post
    No longer a Suh fan. The guy is a dirty egotistical jerk. I was big on him when he was at Nebraska, but that was before he was stomping on down linemen (he clearly pureposefully stomped the guy and Suh denying it was idiotic) and being a jerk to the media. Enjoy missing the playoffs, Suh.

Disclaimer: I am a Packers fan.
    LOL. If Suh "clearly and purposefully" stomped anyone, they wouldn't be walking today.

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    A better question is, why are Husker fans so quick to turn their backs on someone?

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerDynasty View Post
    LOL. If Suh "clearly and purposefully" stomped anyone, they wouldn't be walking today.

Still part of the Flat Earth Society group that thinks Suh was not intentionally stomping on the guy. Wow.

Heard part of the clip this AM. What did you think Suh? That people are just going to kiss your ass now that the suspension is over? Just ask you about this week's opposing QB. Here's a clue, twit....either quit doing radio/tv interviews OR underdstand that you've established a track record for being an idiot...understand that you WILL be asked about it...do your best to kiss butts until you've rehabbed your image...which isn't going to be over-night.

This guy has become a clown. REALLY? you didn't think someone was going to ask questions about what you are REALLY in the news for? Fool.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    A better question is, why are Husker fans so quick to turn their backs on someone?

In this particular case Suh now has a track record for being a jack---. I never really understood why so many hated on Crouch but I get it with suh.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    Still part of the Flat Earth Society group that thinks Suh was not intentionally stomping on the guy. Wow.

Heard part of the clip this AM. What did you think Suh? That people are just going to kiss your ass now that the suspension is over? Just ask you about this week's opposing QB. Here's a clue, twit....either quit doing radio/tv interviews OR underdstand that you've established a track record for being an idiot...understand that you WILL be asked about it...do your best to kiss butts until you've rehabbed your image...which isn't going to be over-night.

This guy has become a clown. REALLY? you didn't think someone was going to ask questions about what you are REALLY in the news for? Fool.
    Takes one to know one.

Husker Fan

Takes one to know one.
    Good to see you've pulled your head out of the sand long enough to respond. Hey, i know there's a population around here that would turn over the keys to their significant other for a current/former husker so I get the blind loyalty shown...nevertheless it's still weird to actually see it in full effect.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    Good to see you've pulled your head out of the sand long enough to respond. Hey, i know there's a population around here that would turn over the keys to their significant other for a current/former husker so I get the blind loyalty shown...nevertheless it's still weird to actually see it in full effect.
    It's not blind loyalty. I base my opinions on actual evidence. I don't get them from talking heads. And I know a little bit about weight transfer.

If that was an "intentional stomp", I'll let Suh intentionally stomp me any time he wants. I've seen more violent stomps on All-Star Wrestling.

Ben Cotton's kick against the A&M pervert grabbing his balls was an intentional kick. Compare the two.

Husker Fan

If that was an "intentional stomp", I'll let Suh intentionally stomp me any time he wants.
    I have no doubt you would.

It's not blind loyalty. I base my opinions on actual evidence. I don't get them from talking heads. And I know a little bit about weight transfer.

If that was an "intentional stomp", I'll let Suh intentionally stomp me any time he wants. I've seen more violent stomps on All-Star Wrestling.

Ben Cotton's kick against the A&M pervert grabbing his balls was an intentional kick. Compare the two.
    Suh, after getting into a scuffle with the guy saw his arm then stomped on it. It's just a good thing there was another Packer player behind him pushing him away. If Suh does that to any normal human being (a 5'10 180 pound guy, not a 325 pound lineman) there is probably severe damage. Cotton was getting his nuts pinched and as a reaction started kicking and squirming. I'd disagree 100% with what you said, Suh's was intentional, Cotton's reactionary.

Red Shirt

You're bringing physics into the argument? No offense but that's comical. Those who defend Suh are looking prettty foolish but to each his own. It might be better to hope he changes rather than to justify his behavior as it is. I honestly think he's not unlike a lot of guys playing football for a living...its violent, its frustrating, its painful. Not the stuff that brings out the best in people. When he learns to control himself and not act like a spoiled brat on the playground I think people will forgive and forget. But he just keeps pouring fuel on the fire for the haters (and I'm not a Suh hater). I'm all for Husker loyalty, but this stuff is beyond reasonable. If he was a Sooner, I suspect he'd have ZERO supporters on this board. In fact, there would be multiple "I hate that thug Sooner Suh" threads moving at light speed.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Donowitz View Post
    Suh, after getting into a scuffle with the guy saw his arm then stomped on it. It's just a good thing there was another Packer player behind him pushing him away. If Suh does that to any normal human being (a 5'10 180 pound guy, not a 325 pound lineman) there is probably severe damage. Cotton was getting his nuts pinched and as a reaction started kicking and squirming. I'd disagree 100% with what you said, Suh's was intentional, Cotton's reactionary.
    There was no one behind him pushing him away. If anything, the Packer behind him was holding him up.

If you know anything about weight transfer (and Suh is one of the best at it) it's obvious there was no malice intended with the "kick". If you watch the "victim" get up, it's obvious there was no pain delivered by Suh on the "kick".

Again, it looked more like a WWF move. Too bad he wasn't swinging a folding chair.

SuperFan
    I like Suh. Even to this day. His PR (the Packer stomping, accident) is severely lacking, but that not withstanding.. I love how he plays. It's how I was raised to play (I'm a defensive guy). That said, he does have to think about what he's doing, especially now that the NFL brass is watching him like a hawk.

My question is why does Suh get suspended and fined for 'stomping' that OL's arm (which was more of an afterthought 'stomp' than the word 'stomp' implies BTW) but Brian Robison of the Vikings (former Longhorn) gets a slap in the wrist fine for kicking a Packer OL's groin?

Either way, as a Viking fan.. I enjoyed both performances. As a football fan they were stupid moves, but I'd be lying if I told you I was upset about seeing that.
    SKI-U-MAH!

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    I like Suh. Even to this day. His PR (the Packer stomping, accident) is severely lacking, but that not withstanding.. I love how he plays. It's how I was raised to play (I'm a defensive guy). That said, he does have to think about what he's doing, especially now that the NFL brass is watching him like a hawk.

My question is why does Suh get suspended and fined for 'stomping' that OL's arm (which was more of an afterthought 'stomp' than the word 'stomp' implies BTW) but Brian Robison of the Vikings (former Longhorn) gets a slap in the wrist fine for kicking a Packer OL's groin?

Either way, as a Viking fan.. I enjoyed both performances. As a football fan they were stupid moves, but I'd be lying if I told you I was upset about seeing that.
    I bet you watch car races for the crashes too.
    "According to a Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 45 percent. Luckily for Obama, he has 'impeachment insurance.' It's called 'Joe Biden.'" –Jay Leno

Scout Team
    Los Angeles, CA (via Omaha and Connecticut)
    I still love Suh and hold out hope that he will get his act together. Right now I'm disappointed in him for acting like a punk.

SuperFan
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    I bet you watch car races for the crashes too.
    I don't really get into car races.. But yes. =D
    SKI-U-MAH!

Red Shirt
    Cue RP with, "You're projecting". 3...2...1...