Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ND going to try to steal recruit number 3

Recruit

ND going to try to steal recruit number 3

ND offered Rios. I hated Notre dame before and now i hope the school burns to the ground. Brian kelly please recruit by yourself and stop trying to steal NE potential recruits. I guess this is the offer rios has been waiting for. Well see Hopefully they are 2 little 2 late.

Recruit

It's frustrating to be sure, and I've got plenty of reasons to dislike ND, however I don't think recruit thievery is one of them. Nebraska is out there trying to poach recruits from other places right now.

Husker Immortal Love Tool
    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorageHusker View Post
    It's frustrating to be sure, and I've got plenty of reasons to dislike ND, however I don't think recruit thievery is one of them. Nebraska is out there trying to poach recruits from other places right now.

AMEN!!!
    The Skunk Has Spoken!

I swear skunk was squeezin my buttocks !
    Skunkman's nose nailed this one.
    Never squat with yer spurs on.
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer
    "You gotta watch the Skunkman."
    I don't want to ruin Skunk's rep, but I have to report that he is a very hospitable and generous guy, besides being a super Husker fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshirts82 View Post
    ND offered Rios. I hated Notre dame before and now i hope the school burns to the ground. Brian kelly please recruit by yourself and stop trying to steal NE potential recruits. I guess this is the offer rios has been waiting for. Well see Hopefully they are 2 little 2 late.
    Does Kelly do any of his own work?

This happened a few years ago, too, with some other schmuck coach. Unfortunately, he got a couple of NU's commits.

Red Shirt
    I hope Bo can close some of our recruits and gain a few more. Seems to me like we are behind the other universities in getting committs...........

Short & stout, no more 3 & out!-HuskerGene

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorageHusker View Post
    Sure, its ok if they TRY to poach--as long as they don't succeed.

All American
    We need some improvement on recruiting, which is one of the reasons I'd like to bring in a strong recruiter.
    Bring Jim Tressel to Lincoln!

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerNCorpus View Post
    We need some improvement on recruiting, which is one of the reasons I'd like to bring in a strong recruiter.
    Interesting. People who know recruiting (as in do it for a living) say we have great recruiters on our staff.

How do you suppose a "good recruiter" would help when kids get their dream offer?

I can see why TO build a program around kids who grew up in or near Nebraska. It's tough to consistently pull guys away.

Nonetheless, we are recruiting well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookey View Post
    I hope Bo can close some of our recruits and gain a few more. Seems to me like we are behind the other universities in getting committs...........
    *wince* oh boy, now you started it

Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    How do you suppose a "good recruiter" would help when kids get their dream offer?

I can see why TO build a program around kids who grew up in or near Nebraska. It's tough to consistently pull guys away.

Nonetheless, we are recruiting well.
    The same way Bill Busch and John Blake got recruits here.....The same way Oregon recruits top notch athletes...Do you think Oregon was LaMichael James' first choice? Hint he was from Texarkana, TX (also JP recruited him and everyone seems to think JP is such a great recruiter. Well, we didn't get Lamichael James). Most of Oregon's recruits aren't from Oregon. You may argue California is a lot closer to Oregon, but San Francisco is about 10 hrs to Eugene, which is about the same amount of drive time from Dallas, TX to Lincoln, NE. LA is even further away from Eugene. So, Oregon consistently pulls away kids from places that are far away. Our staff should be able to as well. You can keep making excuses though. We aren't recruiting well right now. Our class may end up ok, but right now we have about as strong of a class as Colorado (who has sucked for years) and PSU (who went through a major scandal).

Your reply will probably be something along the lines of "Bo has us headed in a great direction!" or "We are recruiting very well." A statement of confidence in the coaches with no real evidence behind it.

#1 Husker Fan

Larry Johnson Sr would be our man!!!!!!! We need to go get him. He may be out of a job with changes coming at PSU!!! The guy can recruit! His D's are always extremely good!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Red Shirt
    The same way Bill Busch and John Blake got recruits here
    After this sentence your post lost all credibility...
    "I've never quit anything in my life" -- Bo Pelini

Quote Originally Posted by Fromunda Cheese View Post
    After this sentence your post lost all credibility...
    Why? Because they were on Callahan's staff? They may not have been great coaches but they were damn good recruiters. Like it or not...Bo's staff does not land highly touted recruits like the two listed below:
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...IzWOd6br5DPZB4
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...scQkTNH89DPZB4

You mean like Oregon paying a recruiting service $25,000 to steer players their way? I'm not sure we want to do that....

As for no evidence in your last line....I think you need to go and do some homework before you make statements like that because you are basing that on no evidence....and are going to look awfully silly on signing day....

Take the time to read the threads in this forum....or do your homework elsewhere....you'll find your statement is incorrect....

And yeah we get it your crusade to get rid of Bo Pelini continues....good luck cus its not going to happen.....

Quote Originally Posted by rawkfanseth View Post
    The same way Bill Busch and John Blake got recruits here.....The same way Oregon recruits top notch athletes...Do you think Oregon was LaMichael James' first choice? Hint he was from Texarkana, TX (also JP recruited him and everyone seems to think JP is such a great recruiter. Well, we didn't get Lamichael James). Most of Oregon's recruits aren't from Oregon. You may argue California is a lot closer to Oregon, but San Francisco is about 10 hrs to Eugene, which is about the same amount of drive time from Dallas, TX to Lincoln, NE. LA is even further away from Eugene. So, Oregon consistently pulls away kids from places that are far away. Our staff should be able to as well. You can keep making excuses though. We aren't recruiting well right now. Our class may end up ok, but right now we have about as strong of a class as Colorado (who has sucked for years) and PSU (who went through a major scandal).

Your reply will probably be something along the lines of "Bo has us headed in a great direction!" or "We are recruiting very well." A statement of confidence in the coaches with no real evidence behind it.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season