Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Nebraska Can Beat Gamecocks

How Nebraska Can Beat Gamecocks

I have been asking people their opinions about Nebraska's Bowl game ever since it was announced. I can received many different explanations as to how the game will end up. Some think Nebraska is out of their league against S.C., and others think Nebraska is on a mission to prove last year's Holiday Bowl was a mistake.

I wrote an article on B/R after the game was announced. Here was my initial reaction to the game:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...pitol-one-bowl

Husker Magic
    F/C Bleacher Report

Husker Immortal
    Your score prediction is right at what I also expect for this game.....if we show up ready to play and we don't keep losing players to off the field stupidity.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

I hope the loss of Capuno doesn't hurt too bad. At least we have 3 weeks to get another Center ready.

Travel Squad

Who is Capuno?

Maybe West Texas Husker can come help provide some clarity to this thread

Intellectual Patriot
    He is the first guy with a hat on.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by NEWICOsker View Post
    Who is Capuno?

Maybe West Texas Husker can come help provide some clarity to this thread

Our Hispanic center
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Recruit
    F...U....D....G....E....

You know, like that kid in a Christmas Story when he spills the lug nuts? That's how I felt when I saw who started this thread.
    "Welcome to the night train." - Hunter S. Thompson

All Big 10

Who says that Caputo will even be suspended? Yes, he got a (misdemeanor?) DUI for being in a parked car with a .103. A few years ago, that probably wouldn't have even been written up as over the legal limit. He screwed up, but should he and his team be penalized that severely?

I'll wait and see what Bo does when he has all the facts at hand.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    Who says that Caputo will even be suspended? Yes, he got a (misdemeanor?) DUI for being in a parked car with a .103. A few years ago, that probably wouldn't have even been written up as over the legal limit. He screwed up, but should he and his team be penalized that severely?

Off topic, this thread is about Capuno.

The bleacherreport article states that the USC QB does not run much, it ain't Garcia. The new guy, Shaw, is a good runner and a good passer. Spurrier will carry a grudge, this will be some fun in Orlando.

Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerMagic View Post
    How Nebraska Can Beat Gamecocks

My suggestion would be to score more points than they do.

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post

To hell with what Bo says....what do YOU think should happen? We'll go with the fact that the kid blew a .103 and only that fact

My opinion...the kid should be suspended and YES the team should be penalized...gets the message across that this is about TEAM and not individuals...and that his teammates need to step up and take care of each other before this crap happens.

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Feit View Post
    My suggestion would be to score more points than they do.
    But that's only one way to beat the Gamecocks...you need four more

All Big 10

Quote Originally Posted by utsker View Post
    To hell with what Bo says....what do YOU think should happen? We'll go with the fact that the kid blew a .103 and only that fact

My opinion...the kid should be suspended and YES the team should be penalized...gets the message across that this is about TEAM and not individuals...and that his teammates need to step up and take care of each other before this crap happens.
    Ok, continuing off topic, based on what I know at this point, no, I wouldn't suspend him. It's his last game of his football career. There are about a dozen ways to "get a message across" that don't mean suspending him.

However, I'm not going to say that one approach is better than another, especially considering I don't know if there are any aggravating or mitigating facts.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by utsker View Post

Has Caputo been charged yet? I have not heard that he has been. The last report that I am familiar with was the news on 10/11 last night. That little fact might have something to do with me passing judgement on whether he is suspended or not.