Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football Recruiting a Subforum of Main Football Page?

Junior Varsity

Football Recruiting a Subforum of Main Football Page?

Hey mods, just a thought here... would it be better to make "recruiting" a subforum on the main football page? The subforums now (other teams, PSU crap) are right at the top of the main page and easier to access from there. In addition, the last thread activity is always shown, as well, which is convenient. Seems that also having recruiting up there in full view on the main football page would be advantageous to those that frequent both forums, and I think it would increase overall traffic to recruiting. Again, just a thought... maybe there are other advantages to a stand-alone forum, I don't know.

God of Huskermax

Here's a thought, just press the "what's new" button and you'll never miss a thing.

and just as an FYI, the what's new button brings up all threads people have posted in since you last logged in. Not just new threads that have been started, so it's a handy way to keep up!

Husker Immortal
    Oh that's sooooooooooooooooooo hard to do..........................

God of Huskermax

And as proof to your theory bubba.... I visit the recruiting board FAR more often now because I use the What's New button than I ever did when I was hopping between the different "sub forums".

Husker Immortal
    ...then there is a down side to the "What's New" button.................

Junior Varsity
    okay you smartarses... I use the what's new button too... jeez. but hey.. I don't even have to push that button to see the latest on PSU.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGene View Post
    okay you smartarses... I use the what's new button too... jeez. but hey.. I don't even have to push that button to see the latest on PSU.
    did you know that if you use the "quick navigation" button (to the right and below the text area) you can toggle between the football and recruiting forums and never see anything else as long as you want? Back and forth, forth and back just football and recruiting, recruiting and football.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGene View Post
    Hey mods, just a thought here... would it be better to make "recruiting" a subforum on the main football page? The subforums now (other teams, PSU crap) are right at the top of the main page and easier to access from there. In addition, the last thread activity is always shown, as well, which is convenient. Seems that also having recruiting up there in full view on the main football page would be advantageous to those that frequent both forums, and I think it would increase overall traffic to recruiting. Again, just a thought... maybe there are other advantages to a stand-alone forum, I don't know.
    Even with the other navigation features on the site and the werewolf attacks, I'm with you on this. I hereby second the nomination. And in my mind, the PSU subforum could be moved under "Other Teams."

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Wiggler View Post
    Even with the other navigation features on the site and the werewolf attacks, I'm with you on this. I hereby second the nomination. And in my mind, the PSU subforum could be moved under "Other Teams."
    Thanks for the support, Red..

Yes... my motivation for the suggestion stemmed from seeing that PSU thing up there still .... I just got to thinking that maybe recruiting would be better there instead. Seems more relevant now for HUSKER football. Maybe that should have been the focus of my initial argument.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    did you know that if you use the "quick navigation" button (to the right and below the text area) you can toggle between the football and recruiting forums and never see anything else as long as you want? Back and forth, forth and back just football and recruiting, recruiting and football.
    nice....

Husker Immortal
    from a navigation standpoint I don't see any advantage but I have no problem with moving PSU to a sub under Other Teams. You can even put it in perpetual; we take care of all cast offs down there.

Heisman

What is the new button?

Quote Originally Posted by p-ville husker View Post
    What is the new button?
    Click Here For New Posts.jpg

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    Well that is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by p-ville husker View Post
    Well that is dumb.
    I've never browsed by forum, personally. I have always used the 'New Posts' button.