Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Good news: Blago gets 14 years in prison

Hybrid View

Good news: Blago gets 14 years in prison

The Chicago is reporting that Democrat Rod Blagojevich was just sentenced to 14 years in prison for his commission of 18 different felonies as governor of Illinois. His crimes all related to attempts to bestow government benefits, including the Senate seat vacated when Obama was elected president, in exchange for campaign contributions and other personal benefits. He joins Republican George Ryan, Blagojevich's predecessor, who is already behind bars for similar misconduct. I love the fact that we have a US Attorney who is not afraid to prosecute these crimes as its the only way to rid this state of corruption.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,1609506.story
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Husker Immortal
    and finally admitted he was guilty.............after spending all that money to prove he was innocent..................lawyers................. ..

Husker Fan

nice.

Society Crazy Indeed
    He'll prob do a little over 10 years, the Feds will look for the most Comfortable Federal Prison for him, The one in Duluth MN isnt to bad with a bowling alley etc

Yes he's behind bars but I will guarantee he wont see a day of hard time

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    He'll prob do a little over 10 years, the Feds will look for the most Comfortable Federal Prison for him, The one in Duluth MN isnt to bad with a bowling alley etc

Yes he's behind bars but I will guarantee he wont see a day of hard time
    Actually, you're incorrect. One of my partners is a former assistant US attorney, and his wife actually represented Blago at the sentencing phase. He said that when the sentencing goes over ten years, the minimum security prisons are not an option. His most likely destination is Leavenworth.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Actually, you're incorrect. One of my partners is a former assistant US attorney, and his wife actually represented Blago at the sentencing phase. He said that when the sentencing goes over ten years, the minimum security prisons are not an option. His most likely destination is Leavenworth.

Could be but I would be surprised. i would expect him to go to Oxford or Indiana. If he were to go to Leavenworth it would be at the prison camp being my guess

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Could be but I would be surprised. i would expect him to go to Oxford or Indiana. If he were to go to Leavenworth it would be at the prison camp being my guess

But the federal Bureau of Prisons, as a matter of policy, does not place a new inmate in a prison camp if his sentence is 10 years or more. There are exceptions, but that is the general rule. So, if the ex governor is sentenced to more than 10 years, he may have to serve at least a portion of his time in a more restrictive setting like a medium security federal prison.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=8443439

Administrator
    Good, I am glad they threw the book at him. Maybe this will slow do the Chicago style politics.......then again maybe not.

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)