Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This season will turn out one of 2 ways:

Scout Team

Danny Nee, he could buy Barry's and run the bar when he wasn't coaching, then after practice and games gather customers around the bar to tell them about days gone by when they won the Big 8 tournament and got an NCAA berth

Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by COG View Post
    I don't get Jay why you think there's a 98% chance Doc is gone. I'd say it's closer to 98% chance he's not.

With that said, Doc has lost a LOT more than the last three games. Did anyone notice the crowd Sunday, how it was VERY pro Creighton? Four years ago, I'd say a game at the Qwest Center was more pro-Nebraska even though it was a Creighton home game. I was astounded to hear the Creighton crowd. Those fans use to be Nebraska fans, or at least fans of both. That crowd Sunday sounded like NU had very few supporters in the building.

If that truly is the case, where CU is getting a lot of support from Nebraskans and NU fans are becoming completely apathetic, then maybe TO will pull the plug.
    I wouldn't worry about who the Creighton fans are supporting this particular week.

Creighton's winning right now. They feel it's cool to be a Bluejay. I'm sure you guys still have a closet full of various team's apparel to put on when Creighton isn't doing so good.
    "Lay it down, forget it, take off your red, choose another team ... or stick with it."

Calling The Count
    I wouldn't worry about who the Creighton fans are supporting this particular week.

Creighton's winning right now. They feel it's cool to be a Bluejay. I'm sure you guys still have a closet full of various team's apparel to put on when Creighton isn't doing so good
    Bitter fan. It sucks to be bitter, doesn't it?
    "I've never quit anything in my life" -- Bo Pelini

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigfRed View Post

Creighton's winning right now. They feel it's cool to be a Bluejay. I'm sure you guys still have a closet full of various team's apparel to put on when Creighton isn't doing so good.
    fRed...did you watch the game. Are you happy with an offense that consists of letting the PG fire away and has pretty much no other clue? Good Christ...what will it take for you to see the light on this guy?

All Legend
    The Huskers should go out and get Rex Walters from San Fransico. The guy is young as far as coaching goes and is doing good things at USF
    my character isn't important enough for a last name, because I'm gonna die five minutes in.

People still think like this? I could see this line of thought in 2002.

Heisman

Fred you are better than this. It is okay to admit you were wrong and all.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by p-ville husker View Post
    Fred you are better than this. It is okay to admit you were wrong and all.
    Unfortunately, this has become his MO. He often has a good message, but it gets lost in bitterness.

Cake or Death?
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    fRed...did you watch the game. Are you happy with an offense that consists of letting the PG fire away and has pretty much no other clue? Good Christ...what will it take for you to see the light on this guy?
    He's happy because TO told him to be happy, Doc's our guy.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

huskerborn

You are something else..

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchopexpress View Post
    People still think like this? I could see this line of thought in 2002.
    I guess it's because:

a.) You see a lot of Husker jerseys at Creighton games (when not playing NU)
    b.) It's 6 years since their last conference title even longer since they actually beat a tournament bound team in their conference tournament.

Just a year ago the articles where about how Creighton's success was looking like a distant image on the horizon.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    I guess it's because:

b.) It's 6 years since their last conference title even longer since they actually beat a tournament bound team in their conference tournament.

Just a year ago the articles where about how Creighton's success was looking like a distant image on the horizon.

Do you attend a lot of creighton games? Because you must not if you think that. There are very few husker jerseys at CU home games. Very few.

The whole "who CU fans are supporting this week" thing is simply a sad myth pushed by fRed because he has nothing to really defend when it comes to NU basketball. He won't for a while.

I guess it's because:

Again, I could see the line of thinking in 2002, not now. Went to their game against Campbell, and they had easily 15,000+ in attendance, when students were not on campus. For Campbell. Didn't they win their conf back in 2009?

Again, I could see the line of thinking in 2002, not now. Went to their game against Campbell, and they had easily 15,000+ in attendance, when students were not on campus. For Campbell. Didn't they win their conf back in 2009?
    They have a lot of season ticket holders.

In 2009, Northern Iowa won the MVC conference title and got the auto bid to the NCAA tournament. Creighton lost by 24 points to Ill St. (who was 11-7 in MVC play) in the second round.

They have a lot of season ticket holders.

In 2009, Northern Iowa won the MVC conference title and got the auto bid to the NCAA tournament. Creighton lost by 24 points to Ill St. (who was 11-7 in MVC play) in the second round.
    Guess you follow Creighton closer than I do.

Calling The Count
    I didn't like the Quick Change act at halftime of the NU-CU game; the Jays need to upgrade and get the Shim Sham dancers to Century Link.
    "I've never quit anything in my life" -- Bo Pelini

Guess you follow Creighton closer than I do.
    Why would you say that? Clearly you go to some of there games. I just see them on TV from time to time playing basketball and more often, baseball. I do remember the articles from last season when several Omaha journalists pointed out that Creighton was nearing 10 years from any notable success.

(NU is 20 years + from such a yardstick so this to suggest NU has something over Creighton--just an observation that Creighton's glory days were closer to 2002 than today, even though you keep saying the fans were less loyal in 2002 than they are today.)

Heisman

Why would you say that? Clearly you go to some of there games. I just see them on TV from time to time playing basketball and more often, baseball. I do remember the articles from last season when several Omaha journalists pointed out that Creighton was nearing 10 years from any notable success.

(NU is 20 years + from such a yardstick so this to suggest NU has something over Creighton--just an observation that Creighton's glory days were closer to 2002 than today, even though you keep saying the fans were less loyal in 2002 than they are today.)
    You are a big Jay fan just come out and admit it.

fraid not.

Bump. 12-17 or 13-16 -- 4-14 or 5-13

NU's season and conference records are not going to be seen as positive in the AD's office.

I thought, when I made this post) that NU would be in the new arena NEXT year, not in 13-14, but I still think the change will come this year. You can't waste a nature boost in interest by not improving the product.

Doc knows this. Tom knows this.