Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Awesome French Toast

Oh my!

Awesome French Toast

After I ate the French Toast I made, I thought my arteries were going to explode...

What you need:
    - Challah Bread (regular white bread works too)
    - Eggs
    - Bailey's Irish Cream
    - Flavored coffee creamer if you are making it for kids
    - Sweet cream cheese like Hazel nut or honey, etc. from one of your local Bagel shops
    - large baking pan big enough to hold 2 pieces of bread at a time

What you do:
    - Slice the Challah bread from 3/4" to 1" thick.
    - Make your egg wash as you would normally do, except pour in Bailey's instead of milk.
    - If you are making it for kids too, used flavored coffee creamers in place of the Bailey's.
    - Soak your bread on both sides in the egg wash
    - Place it in a hot pan or on a hot Griddle and cook like you normally cook french toast
    - When it is ready flip to the other side, while it is cooking on the other side, spread some cream cheese on one of the pieces of french toast
    - Once the other side has cooked, put the two pieces together with the cream cheese in the middle like a grilled cheese
    - Cook for a minute or so on each side to make sure the cream cheese is gooey

Enjoy

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Husker Immortal
    too many bypasses but it was fun reading....................:drule:

God of Huskermax

Oh. My. God.

I think I love you.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Oh. My. God.

I think I love you.
    Finally. He comes over to the good side!

Oh my!
    Let me know when you try it and I did something else really intersting, I used 1921 Cream Tequila in it this week.

Still awesome!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Tried this recipe a while back....FANTASTIC....

I tried it again but added dash of Nutmeg and a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the egg soak....

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

My only mistake is I forgot to sprinkle it with cinnamon/ sugar mixture before eating...NEXT TIME!

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by hskrdavey View Post
    Tried this recipe a while back....FANTASTIC....

I tried it again but added dash of Nutmeg and a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the egg soak....

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

My only mistake is I forgot to sprinkle it with cinnamon/ sugar mixture before eating...NEXT TIME!
    I have to try it!

All Legend
    Probably melts in your mouth like the Maginot Line.
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

On the "when the two pieces are ready to flip on the grill" part: Are you saying to flip ONE piece (so the just cooked side is up), quickly spread the cream cheese on the "just cooked top side", THEN place the other piece (cooked side down) on top of the cream cheese? That way you have the "grilled cheese sandwich" look, but now you can flip the whole sandwich again to EQUALLY cook both sides of each bread slice!

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Husker View Post
    On the "when the two pieces are ready to flip on the grill" part: Are you saying to flip ONE piece (so the just cooked side is up), quickly spread the cream cheese on the "just cooked top side", THEN place the other piece (cooked side down) on top of the cream cheese? That way you have the "grilled cheese sandwich" look, but now you can flip the whole sandwich again to EQUALLY cook both sides of each bread slice!
    Yep!