Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Talman talking reruiting (11/01/11)--Audio and my notes (Some really good stuff)

Thumbs up John Talman talking reruiting (11/01/11)--Audio and my notes (Some really good stuff)

Weekly chat on USC.....

---Thinks Mohammed Seisay will be 'N'....will visit this weekend for the Northwestern game....will be a December graduate......he likes Nebraska, is impressed with the coaching staff and was really impressed that Bo took the time to show himself and say 'Hi' to him during the bye-week....as you know head coaches don't make many in-season recruiting trips.....not during in-home, in-school visit time....so Bo was limited with the amount of contact he could have....speaks volumes that Bo would make a trip.....tells you what they think about Mohammed....as you know he left Memphis (1-11) and went the JUCO route because he wanted to be in a bigger and better program......grades were not an issue nor are they now....all-conference frosh in his only year at Memphis......Talman will be shocked if he is not 'N' when its all said and done......will be here in Janauary if he commits....

---Talked about last weekends visitors.....nothing about any commits coming soon......

---Thinks the class will in the 16-18 range.....pretty much what Bo said.....

---Thinks Deion Jones is WAY underrated by Rivals....having a MONSTER season as a high school senior.....Nebraska got a real steal here.....thinks he will climb the rankings at Rivals.....

---Jordan Westerkamp is breaking just about every receiver record in the state of Illinois....will be surprised if Rivals does not bump him up in the star rankings too.....

---Charles Jackson will be part of the 2012 class so a spot has to be saved for him too.....

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_...c=991&f=256031
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Husker Immortal
    Didn't he say Raymond might be looking our way?

Said he is still planning to sign with LSU, but that the visit gave him something to think about......

Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post

Red Shirt

I heard he enjoyed the visit, but is still very solid with LSU.
    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers.

Heisman

Kinda of sad Raymond dad can't get him to change his mind since he would be coaching him.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Said he is still planning to sign with LSU, but that the visit gave him something to think about......
    wonder if the KU recruit reopening his recruiting might light a spark?

Too bad they aren't releated as it might help....

However, since Corey is from S. Lousiana and played at LSU....you never know...but I highly doubt it....

Quote Originally Posted by p-ville husker View Post
    Kinda of sad Raymond dad can't get him to change his mind since he would be coaching him.

I doubt it....Louisana kid committed to LSU....slim chance in my opinion...

wonder if the KU recruit reopening his recruiting might light a spark?

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    I doubt it....Louisana kid committed to LSU....slim chance in my opinion...
    Hey, he came for a visit as a big surprise and gave us a 10 so you never know....if he wants to play for the best DC in the country imo he might be in....doubt it but there is always a chance when they take that visit.

That LSU defense is not to shabby either....like expecting a Nebraska kid with a Husker offer to go elsewere.....rarely happens....Lousiana kids want that LSU offer....I agree always a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by p-ville husker View Post
    Hey, he came for a visit as a big surprise and gave us a 10 so you never know....if he wants to play for the best DC in the country imo he might be in....doubt it but there is always a chance when they take that visit.

All Legend
    So, Red Reign, can you catch some of us up and provide an "educated guess" which 5 or 6 players most likely will be the next commits for NU. And which ones might make the phone call before the end of the season?
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

Quote Originally Posted by BuffSurveyor View Post
    So, Red Reign, can you catch some of us up and provide an "educated guess" which 5 or 6 players most likely will be the next commits for NU. And which ones might make the phone call before the end of the season?
    He will have to wait until he reads something on HuskerOnline before he can do that.

Sorry but I don't belong to Huskeronline or any of the pay services...but nice try at taking a shot at me....and yeah I look at all of the pay site 'teasers' and sometimes find leads that I follow up on by myself....I actually do my own research all over the 'net and have a few contacts...much of what they post on their and charge for, is pretty obvious and out there for you to find if you actually take the time to do so....sure could use your help if you want to take the time....

Quote Originally Posted by Panhandle Red View Post
    He will have to wait until he reads something on HuskerOnline before he can do that.

Husker Immortal
    ....and you do it very well.

A wild guess Buff (and in no order) as you never know when these youngmen will pull the trigger....Seisay, Valentine, Diggs, Neal & Peat....if I'm 50% right I would be happy....

Quote Originally Posted by BuffSurveyor View Post