Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 53 of 266 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 5318

Thread: HuskerMax BBS NCAA 13 XBOX 360 Online Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerSoccer04 View Post
    That game was the complete and utter summation of every reason why I hate NCAA 12. Good job to RNH for taking advantage of my miscues and you played a helluva a game to contain me and you called the right plays and the right time on offense. My team just shot itself in the foot. Super frustrating
    Great Game HS04. If it weren't for the miscues, I probably get beat soundly. I took your advice from our last game, and tried to apply some of it. On the INT I got on ya, I audibled just before the snap to cover 3, and my DB jumped the route. The fumbles were just dumb luck, and NCAA 12 home field advantage.

Defensively, I tried not to play you as agressively as our last match, and that allowed me to not stop you, but slow you down. Figures the long pass I completed was with my slowest WR, and still had to take 4 downs inside the 5 to score. You've got a great defense, so I think you'll cruise through most of the schedule till your test with unmartin! Once again, great game my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by unmartin:809955
    Lol well RNH got me this week and you'll get me in week 5
    I don't know about that...you play tough D and I had to pull a victory outta my arse last time we played
    My o-line is a step down from last year and if its an away game I may as well throw in the towel. I had 8 passes in complete and 2 were wildly bad throws where the guy was wide open on a slant. I had 3 passes I think where my guys caught it and then dropped it after being hit. I had two pass completed and then guy fumbled. One of which was on a 3rd down play in OT. Another time I audibled into a money route and rnh read me perfectly and then I still thought I had him beat but his olb had an 8 foot one handed pick.

On the other hand, my defense was pretty salty. I stopped rnh as time ran out in the first half and then held him to fourth down until he managed to drop back before I could sack him and he tossed in a td. I thought my linebackers would be weak but they were pretty good. I seem to really lose my skill if I go three days without playing

Not gonna lie, RNH even as annoying as my turnovers were you seriously won the game with your adjustments. Completely took me out of element. Great game by you to upset the #1 ranked team.

Quote Originally Posted by retired-navy-husker:809958
    That game was the complete and utter summation of every reason why I hate NCAA 12. Good job to RNH for taking advantage of my miscues and you played a helluva a game to contain me and you called the right plays and the right time on offense. My team just shot itself in the foot. Super frustrating
    Great Game HS04. If it weren't for the miscues, I probably get beat soundly. I took your advice from our last game, and tried to apply some of it. On the INT I got on ya, I audibled just before the snap to cover 3, and my DB jumped the route. The fumbles were just dumb luck, and NCAA 12 home field advantage.

Defensively, I tried not to play you as agressively as our last match, and that allowed me to not stop you, but slow you down. Figures the long pass I completed was with my slowest WR, and still had to take 4 downs inside the 5 to score. You've got a great defense, so I think you'll cruise through most of the schedule till your test with unmartin! Once again, great game my friend!
    Games like that frustrated me but even now I've calmed down and know that its just a game played amongst guys that share a love of the huskers and everyone seems like.good guys. It's infinitely more fun than playing cheesers or the cpu

Games like that frustrated me but even now I've calmed down and know that its just a game played amongst guys that share a love of the huskers and everyone seems like.good guys. It's infinitely more fun than playing cheesers or the cpu
    I know the feeling of frustration. I almost decided to kick the FG on 4th down, but I figured the risk/reward was worth it since you defense hypothetically was on their heels (they sure didn't show it). If my RB didn't chip your LB, I either get sacked on that, or the pass gets batted away, so from my perspective it was just dumb luck.

I like that with the number of user games played so far, there haven't been any blowouts, and everyone seems to enjoy it for the most part (frustrations aside). Now that the dynasty has more players, it should be even funner. Besides, it's gonna be a long time before our beloved Huskers play again

Varsity

Finished Week One. Ready to advance.

Demolished Wyoming 28-3. Had over 200 yards rushing. Green is now my starting RB. Unfortunately the game doesn't include B. Heard.

Picked up a 4-star MLB, a 5-star WR and a 3-star K in recruiting.
    Don't do a drug you find in Oakland. Ever.---The Oral History of the Big 12

Quote Originally Posted by SWVAHusker View Post
    Finished Week One. Ready to advance.

Demolished Wyoming 28-3. Had over 200 yards rushing. Green is now my starting RB. Unfortunately the game doesn't include B. Heard.

Picked up a 4-star MLB, a 5-star WR and a 3-star K in recruiting.
    So would you say your recruiting is better off now that you have the 6th star?

Quote Originally Posted by USS Midway CV41 View Post
    so I have hskerpwr for my first game, when do we have to have this done by?
    I can play tomorrow almost any time if you let me know......I think Im only busy tomorrow between 3&7

Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by retired-navy-husker View Post
    So would you say your recruiting is better off now that you have the 6th star?
    LOL yes.

I was really stunned when a 5-star WR (who had me #1 on his list) hard committed to me without even a visit. I'm not complaining but I think if the game designers really want this game to be realistic that's something they have to fix for next season. Hardly any 5-star players "hard commit" to a school in real life without even visiting it.

I only had one WR on my recruiting list because at some point (probably next season) I'm going to have a roster problem. I have way too many WR. I'll have to cut some before the beginning of next season I think. I wasn't going to go after the kid who I got, but how can you turn down recruiting a 5-star player who has you #1 on his list?

I also was a bit shocked that there are not *any* kickers who are above 3-stars.

LOL yes.

I was really stunned when a 5-star WR (who had me #1 on his list) hard committed to me without even a visit. I'm not complaining but I think if the game designers really want this game to be realistic that's something they have to fix for next season. Hardly any 5-star players "hard commit" to a school in real life without even visiting it.

I only had one WR on my recruiting list because at some point (probably next season) I'm going to have a roster problem. I have way too many WR. I'll have to cut some before the beginning of next season I think. I wasn't going to go after the kid who I got, but how can you turn down recruiting a 5-star player who has you #1 on his list?

I also was a bit shocked that there are not *any* kickers who are above 3-stars.
    In this years game, 5* WR's commit pretty frequently because there are a lot of them. I got one to instant commit myself. I think that is what caused you to have the roster problem. Out of the Top 100 a good 50 imo are RB's and WR's. Also in real life, kickers hardly ever get ranked above a 2* let alone 3*.

My biggest problem with this game isn't instant commit, I can't believe that you only get 70 scholarship players instead of 85! And don't get me started on the gameplay or other features they took out but need to add back

Junior Varsity
    hskerpwr, are you est, cst, mst, or wst? lets try and get something going tonigh. I cant during the day today
    Support our troops......they are the ones that gave us the freedom that we know today.

Varsity

In this years game, 5* WR's commit pretty frequently because there are a lot of them. I got one to instant commit myself. I think that is what caused you to have the roster problem. Out of the Top 100 a good 50 imo are RB's and WR's. Also in real life, kickers hardly ever get ranked above a 2* let alone 3*.

My biggest problem with this game isn't instant commit, I can't believe that you only get 70 scholarship players instead of 85! And don't get me started on the gameplay or other features they took out but need to add back
    Wasn't Jordon Congdon a 4-star kid when BC got him or am I imagining things? But you're right, it's not all that hard to find a kicker and they generally don't need to be a HS stud. Many teams get their kickers as walkons.

I don't complain about the roster sizes because I remember when it used to be much worse than this, it's not always been 70 players. It may eventually get to 85 but IMO it's going to take a while to get there. It's a resource allocation issue. EA needs to have more features or "new and improved!" things to tout to get people to fork over $60 every year. IMO while it would be nice "Now you can have 85 players!" won't help sales all that much. So they won't make it a top priority in the development of the game.

Junior Varsity
    in case you didnt see it on the last page, hskerpwr, want to get something going tonight? and are you est, cst, mst, or wst?
    Support our troops......they are the ones that gave us the freedom that we know today.

Quote Originally Posted by SWVAHusker:810181

Wasn't Jordon Congdon a 4-star kid when BC got him or am I imagining things? But you're right, it's not all that hard to find a kicker and they generally don't need to be a HS stud. Many teams get their kickers as walkons.

I don't complain about the roster sizes because I remember when it used to be much worse than this, it's not always been 70 players. It may eventually get to 85 but IMO it's going to take a while to get there. It's a resource allocation issue. EA needs to have more features or "new and improved!" things to tout to get people to fork over $60 every year. IMO while it would be nice "Now you can have 85 players!" won't help sales all that much. So they won't make it a top priority in the development of the game.
    Some of the things I wish they would add, besides fixes for the numerous gameplay bugs, are re-add suspensions for players from a previous game and add in the factor of probation/firing if you take risks. I'd like to see player traits like they have in madden make its way into the game and I'd like player ratings to be reflected if say that person is a clutch player. Also, I'd like hot streaks to translate into player ratings boosts and cold streaks to do the opposite. Also, I think it would cool if instead of simulated training results you could do drills to improve players. Like one drill per player per offseason and if you didn't want to do any or all, you could have them simulated like you currently do

in case you didnt see it on the last page, hskerpwr, want to get something going tonight? and are you est, cst, mst, or wst?
    I am CST........I really want to watch the NO-Detroit game so anytime before 6PM my time would be great, Im pretty much free all afternoon

Varsity

Some of the things I wish they would add, besides the numerous gameplay bugs, are re-add suspensions for players from a previous game and add in the factor of probation/firing if you take risks. I'd like to see player traits like they have in madden make its way into the game and I'd like player ratings to be reflected if say that person is a clutch player. Also, I'd like hot streaks to translate into player ratings boosts and cold streaks to do the opposite. Also, I think it would cool if instead of simulated training results you could do drills to improve players. Like one drill per player per offseason and if you didn't want to do any or all, you could have them simulated like you currently do
    On most of the video game boards I frequent you're in a significant minority of people who want to see suspensions, etc. come back. It's not the concept people don't like, it was the implementation that I've seen people had a problem with. The text menus just aren't fun.

I believe some of the things you want to see in NCAA Football appear in Madden this year. I haven't played Madden (when your favorite team is awful in real life and in the game things aren't fun lol) but I think I remember seeing a video where they touted hot/cold streaks impacting a player during a game or even over the course of multiple games. Often Madden's the first game to get new features and then they trickle down to NCAA Football.

Did you ever play the Take Two NFL games before EA got the exclusive NFL license? At least one of those games (I think it was the last one in the series) a combine or offseason drills where you actually had to use the thumb sticks to make your player run faster, do the bench press, etc. Hated that combine. I'm all for customization though so as long as drills are optional I'd be okay with that.

Lastly, there's no way player traits like they have in Madden will ever make it to NCAA. Remember, EA and the NCAA are claiming in court that they're not guilty of stealing NCAA players likenesses and in the court of public opinion the NCAA's trying to convince people that they're not guilty of violating the NCAA rule against making money by using specific player likenesses. If EA included traits that make certain players even more recognizable Sam Keller's class action lawsuit is a slam dunk for the lawyers representing the players.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by hskerpwr View Post
    I am CST........I really want to watch the NO-Detroit game so anytime before 6PM my time would be great, Im pretty much free all afternoon
    cool, as u can see im cst also. should we try for say 4pm?

cool, as u can see im cst also. should we try for say 4pm?
    4PM it is, beware I am not good at all...................cant stop anything and can do anything on offense........kind of like a Callahan team!

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by hskerpwr View Post
    4PM it is, beware I am not good at all...................cant stop anything and can do anything on offense........kind of like a Callahan team!
    i suck also. hot route? whats a hot route? only know how to run the ball, and thats not very good. I can beat teams on computer only at varsity, but get to AA level, maybe a win here and there but not consistent, and definately not against a good bsc division team. heisman level, forget it. I would lose all the time

Varsity

i suck also. hot route? whats a hot route? only know how to run the ball, and thats not very good. I can beat teams on computer only at varsity, but get to AA level, maybe a win here and there but not consistent, and definately not against a good bsc division team. heisman level, forget it. I would lose all the time
    You're not alone in having problems playing vs. the computer at AA or Heisman. RNH posted a video that conclusively shows the game cheats at AA level because players immediately react to where a run play's going the second the snap happens, even before the QB hands the ball off. The example in the video was a CB for Michigan who completely ignored the WR he was covering and immediately started running towards the RB. That happened when a couple of sliders for the CPU were set to zero. With those sliders set to zero the CB shouldn't have known what the heck was going on, much less known that quickly.

What's unusual is that the CPU doesn't have that ability on varsity level. But varsity has its drawbacks too. When RNH was labbing varsity plus adjusted sliders he posted that he thought the running game was too easy and in my experience that's true. That's one of the reasons I've gotten frustrated with AA level, because I'm not used to defenses that actually stop my Husker running game.

You're not alone in having problems playing vs. the computer at AA or Heisman. RNH posted a video that conclusively shows the game cheats at AA level because players immediately react to where a run play's going the second the snap happens, even before the QB hands the ball off. The example in the video was a CB for Michigan who completely ignored the WR he was covering and immediately started running towards the RB. That happened when a couple of sliders for the CPU were set to zero. With those sliders set to zero the CB shouldn't have known what the heck was going on, much less known that quickly.

What's unusual is that the CPU doesn't have that ability on varsity level. But varsity has its drawbacks too. When RNH was labbing varsity plus adjusted sliders he posted that he thought the running game was too easy and in my experience that's true. That's one of the reasons I've gotten frustrated with AA level, because I'm not used to defenses that actually stop my Husker running game.
    I'm doing one final lab, but in a game I played last night (after playing HS04 in dynasty action), I ran another sim playing on varsity. I am finding that against teams of equal or close skill level to your own, the varsity setting and adjusted sliders is actually is more realistic than our AA settings.

For example, I broke a big run, and called a PA right afterward (playcalling screen said it was set up, so it should theoretically work). I fake the hand off, and the corner jumps hard for the play fake, and I hit my WR in stride for a long touchdown.

In that same game, I still had some problems with the pass, but mostly because of my bad reads. I through a couple of interceptions which should have been intercepted anyway since I threw into coverage.

In the running game, there was a good mix of short, medium and the occasional break out runs, so it was more realistic. The CPU does still adjust to any tendency that you show, so you have to really mix up your game calls to keep them guessing. A lot less in terms of jumping the WR routes (or running them better than your own WR).

When we advance to week 2, I'm thinking we can play the week on the varsity with sliders settings, and if everyone likes it, we keep it. If everyone thinks it's too easy, then we can junk it and go back to AA level in week 3.

What does everyone think of that?