Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 103 of 266 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 5318

Thread: HuskerMax BBS NCAA 13 XBOX 360 Online Dynasty

  1. #2041
    Junior Varsity
    USS Midway CV41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    fairbury, Ne
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Poyer View Post
    Down goes Army! 45-24
    at least you were competive. I bleepin suck! cant frickin run. cant throw. bout enough to make a person quit. guess I will be the low man on the totem pole for users
    Support our troops......they are the ones that gave us the freedom that we know today.

  2. #2042
    Guest

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sioux City,IA
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by USS Midway CV41 View Post
    at least you were competive. I bleepin suck! cant frickin run. cant throw. bout enough to make a person quit. guess I will be the low man on the totem pole for users
    You just got unlucky. If I don't get those two interceptions for touchdowns its a different game. Plus, I hate playing user to user games when I am at college because our internet is horrible, so the lag is bad even when I have no other things use internet and I am hardwired in on an Ethernet cord. What you saw tonight was actually a good day for us. I bet if we played that game another 9 times, all of them would be a lot closer.

  3. #2043
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    2,773
    Quote Originally Posted by USS Midway CV41 View Post
    at least you were competive. I bleepin suck! cant frickin run. cant throw. bout enough to make a person quit. guess I will be the low man on the totem pole for users
    Before I played Unmartin in Season 2 for the NC, I played HS04 in a game online as a tuneup. It worked out about the same way. Last season, in the dynasty, I faced him in the 1st game of the year and pulled of a 10-7 OT upset win. It's not a matter of sucking at all. Sometimes things just go way wrong for one team or the other. By the way, I don't think I even scored 24 against him in the tuneup game.

    When I did beat him, it was a matter of getting a key couple of turnovers, that swung the game in my favor. I have to play him again for week 3 of this season, and it could go in several different ways. He may beat me like a drum, or I might be able to keep it close enough to be respectable.

    Don't beat yourself up over the loss. Sometimes it happens.

  4. #2044
    Guest

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sioux City,IA
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by retired-navy-husker View Post
    Before I played Unmartin in Season 2 for the NC, I played HS04 in a game online as a tuneup. It worked out about the same way. Last season, in the dynasty, I faced him in the 1st game of the year and pulled of a 10-7 OT upset win. It's not a matter of sucking at all. Sometimes things just go way wrong for one team or the other. By the way, I don't think I even scored 24 against him in the tuneup game.

    When I did beat him, it was a matter of getting a key couple of turnovers, that swung the game in my favor. I have to play him again for week 3 of this season, and it could go in several different ways. He may beat me like a drum, or I might be able to keep it close enough to be respectable.

    Don't beat yourself up over the loss. Sometimes it happens.
    There is something about user to user games for the away team and fumbles and it is ridiculous. Literally the first play of the game, I dumped a slant off to my TE and he broke a tackle and got the first down. Then he fumbled the ball. I had deja vu to our game all over again. That wasn't the last one either. I fumbled the ball over to Midway twice more in the game including one that he took back to the house. On top of those, I had 2 or 3 more that I managed to recover. I was surprised that when he lit up my punt returner I didn't fumble another one.

    Either the game hates me, it really overestimates home-field advantage or you and Midway are some of the best at forcing fumbles I've ever seen.

  5. #2045
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    2,773
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerSoccer04 View Post
    There is something about user to user games for the away team and fumbles and it is ridiculous. Literally the first play of the game, I dumped a slant off to my TE and he broke a tackle and got the first down. Then he fumbled the ball. I had deja vu to our game all over again. That wasn't the last one either. I fumbled the ball over to Midway twice more in the game including one that he took back to the house. On top of those, I had 2 or 3 more that I managed to recover. I was surprised that when he lit up my punt returner I didn't fumble another one.

    Either the game hates me, it really overestimates home-field advantage or you and Midway are some of the best at forcing fumbles I've ever seen.
    I forgot about that. My touchdown against you last season came off a fumble recovery and a very short field.

  6. #2046
    Guest

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sioux City,IA
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by retired-navy-husker View Post
    I forgot about that. My touchdown against you last season came off a fumble recovery and a very short field.
    I almost held you too that game brings back bad memories. Honestly, the only reason I have gotten better at this game is because Unmartin is hands down the best player I have ever come across. The only reason and I mean the only reason that I beat him last season is cause I had the better team.

  7. #2047
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    2,773
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerSoccer04 View Post
    I almost held you too that game brings back bad memories. Honestly, the only reason I have gotten better at this game is because Unmartin is hands down the best player I have ever come across. The only reason and I mean the only reason that I beat him last season is cause I had the better team.
    Yeah, It's coming back to me now. 4th down, hit the TE over the middle on an ill-advised pass from the 4 yard line, and got lucky

    Gotta agree on Unmartin. He is very good, and as he mentioned last season, even he has bad games (2 losses vs CPU). I gotta say that I think you are pretty good too. That's what I like is that we have a good mix of players, and I think I've played almost everyone except Poyer, Frenzy5 and Hskerpwr. I can say that I like winning, but the competition makes even the losses bearable.

  8. #2048
    Guest

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sioux City,IA
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by retired-navy-husker:847101
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerSoccer04 View Post
    I almost held you too that game brings back bad memories. Honestly, the only reason I have gotten better at this game is because Unmartin is hands down the best player I have ever come across. The only reason and I mean the only reason that I beat him last season is cause I had the better team.
    Yeah, It's coming back to me now. 4th down, hit the TE over the middle on an ill-advised pass from the 4 yard line, and got lucky

    Gotta agree on Unmartin. He is very good, and as he mentioned last season, even he has bad games (2 losses vs CPU). I gotta say that I think you are pretty good too. That's what I like is that we have a good mix of players, and I think I've played almost everyone except Poyer, Frenzy5 and Hskerpwr. I can say that I like winning, but the competition makes even the losses bearable.
    What makes me good is the youth advantage. I've got little pockets of an hour or so that I can spend playing while you guys are at work. Plus, I've logged a lot of hours in the game and my offense is fairly unique if you haven't faced it before. I've made some tweaks since I faced you so I'm hoping for a win. That being said, barring a bizarre loss to the cpu in conference, I'll finish 14-0,13-1 or 12-2. I got set up really well in recruiting this year too.

  9. #2049
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    2,773
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerSoccer04 View Post
    What makes me good is the youth advantage. I've got little pockets of an hour or so that I can spend playing while you guys are at work. Plus, I've logged a lot of hours in the game and my offense is fairly unique if you haven't faced it before. I've made some tweaks since I faced you so I'm hoping for a win. That being said, barring a bizarre loss to the cpu in conference, I'll finish 14-0,13-1 or 12-2. I got set up really well in recruiting this year too.
    I think I've got a strong team, but they are young, and so far have made mistakes that have cost me points. Even though I scored 84 against FCS, I could have scored well over a 100 but penalties called back 4 touchdowns, and I ran out of bound on my last fumble recovery on purpose.

    I'd say that right now, you'll probably pull out the win, because you already have a stout defense, and I think youngster mistakes will cost me on any big play that I manage to pull off (unless I'm lucky). My offense is tweaked a little too, since last time we played I played with a default playbook. I've gone a different direction, and I believe I've become more comfortable with the new offense. Gonna be intesting to see how it plays out.

  10. #2050
    Guest

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sioux City,IA
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by retired-navy-husker View Post
    I think I've got a strong team, but they are young, and so far have made mistakes that have cost me points. Even though I scored 84 against FCS, I could have scored well over a 100 but penalties called back 4 touchdowns, and I ran out of bound on my last fumble recovery on purpose.

    I'd say that right now, you'll probably pull out the win, because you already have a stout defense, and I think youngster mistakes will cost me on any big play that I manage to pull off (unless I'm lucky). My offense is tweaked a little too, since last time we played I played with a default playbook. I've gone a different direction, and I believe I've become more comfortable with the new offense. Gonna be intesting to see how it plays out.
    Would you be able to get our game in tonight after Unmartin and my friend play?

  11. #2051
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    2,773
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerSoccer04 View Post
    Would you be able to get our game in tonight after Unmartin and my friend play?
    Won't be able to tonight. It's my sons birthday.

  12. #2052
    Guest

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sioux City,IA
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by retired-navy-husker View Post
    Won't be able to tonight. It's my sons birthday.
    No big deal. It might have to be Thursday for me. I'll let you know about wednesday. Enjoy his birthday!

  13. #2053
    Junior Varsity
    USS Midway CV41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    fairbury, Ne
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerSoccer04 View Post
    You just got unlucky. If I don't get those two interceptions for touchdowns its a different game. Plus, I hate playing user to user games when I am at college because our internet is horrible, so the lag is bad even when I have no other things use internet and I am hardwired in on an Ethernet cord. What you saw tonight was actually a good day for us. I bet if we played that game another 9 times, all of them would be a lot closer.
    its just frustrating when my Oline cant even block to get a yard. I got lucky on the 1 TD run I had. a missed tackle in the backfield that would have made me mad if I was playing defense. I know the only way to get better is to play online games but unfortunately I cant do it everyday. in no way shape or form am I mad at whoever I play, just want to get that out there. RNH and I had a awesome game for the MNC, but I guess I should have taken a better team to be in the dynasty with. dont know how poyer plays with army. I would really like Navy but they suck in this game
    Support our troops......they are the ones that gave us the freedom that we know today.

  14. #2054
    Junior Varsity
    USS Midway CV41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    fairbury, Ne
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by retired-navy-husker View Post
    Won't be able to tonight. It's my sons birthday.
    well happy birthday to the squids son is he gonna be a future Navy man?
    Support our troops......they are the ones that gave us the freedom that we know today.

  15. #2055
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    2,773
    Quote Originally Posted by USS Midway CV41 View Post
    well happy birthday to the squids son is he gonna be a future Navy man?
    No, he has a medical condition that is an automatic disqualifier. He is planning on going to college though, so he's starting of better in life than I did.

  16. #2056
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    2,773
    You guys having any problems accessing the Dynasty website?

  17. #2057
    Junior Varsity
    USS Midway CV41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    fairbury, Ne
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by retired-navy-husker View Post
    You guys having any problems accessing the Dynasty website?
    was just on there. went to see if we advanced. so i got on. will go check again
    Support our troops......they are the ones that gave us the freedom that we know today.

  18. #2058
    Junior Varsity
    USS Midway CV41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    fairbury, Ne
    Posts
    5,722
    still got on the website
    Support our troops......they are the ones that gave us the freedom that we know today.

  19. #2059
    Guest

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sioux City,IA
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by USS Midway CV41 View Post
    its just frustrating when my Oline cant even block to get a yard. I got lucky on the 1 TD run I had. a missed tackle in the backfield that would have made me mad if I was playing defense. I know the only way to get better is to play online games but unfortunately I cant do it everyday. in no way shape or form am I mad at whoever I play, just want to get that out there. RNH and I had a awesome game for the MNC, but I guess I should have taken a better team to be in the dynasty with. dont know how poyer plays with army. I would really like Navy but they suck in this game
    That missed tackle did frustrate me but I wasn't too mad after I scored on my next drive. There seemed to be a lot of sloppy play from both teams. A few times my guys just bounced off big hits from you. Just curious, did you adjust your settings to cause that many fumbles? There were times that I gambled on blitzes when you were passing that paid off. I got lucky sometimes with using the hit stick to break up passes. I am happy to hear that you're not mad.

  20. #2060
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    2,773
    Hmmm.. I can't get on. I think it may be because of linking my EA ID to the new Origin IDs that they are migrating to. I'll have to try to figure it out I guess.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •