Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 230 of 355 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 5318

Thread: HuskerMax BBS NCAA 13 XBOX 360 Online Dynasty

Scout Team

Quick update..unfortunately a couple of my wife's friends dropped by and we *have* to go out to eat...so it will be closer to the 9-10pm CST for me to get my game in. Friday evening/night would work better for offseason for me. Anyone else with thoughts? I know HS04 would like to do as much tonight as possible, but looks like I might be the weak link on that.

Quote Originally Posted by twokgrad View Post
    Quick update..unfortunately a couple of my wife's friends dropped by and we *have* to go out to eat...so it will be closer to the 9-10pm CST for me to get my game in. Friday evening/night would work better for offseason for me. Anyone else with thoughts? I know HS04 would like to do as much tonight as possible, but looks like I might be the weak link on that.
    I understand man. No worries! Enjoy dinner

RNH, are you going to advance right to Players Leaving?

Scout Team

RTA

I've advanced us to players leaving. I assumed everyone wanted to keep their jobs and not take sub-standard coordinator positions.

Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by retired-navy-husker View Post
    I've advanced us to players leaving. I assumed everyone wanted to keep their jobs and not take sub-standard coordinator positions.
    I might deserve one

I did see your son's name rumored for a couple of the openings.

Scout Team

Naturally, the best player on my defense wants to leave...and after wasting nearly 2 hours talking to him...he does

Quote Originally Posted by twokgrad View Post
    Naturally, the best player on my defense wants to leave...and after wasting nearly 2 hours talking to him...he does
    I lost 19 seniors to graduation, including most of my best players.

Lost 17 players here. But convinced two 93 secondary players to stay.

Looks like we are just waiting on Unmartin and Florida as my friend just got on.

Scout Team

I forgot to even count how many graduated...I did lose my top RB...but I didn't really think much of him, so I let him go to the draft early

Scout Team

Oh...and interestingly in my bowl game both my starting RB and starting QB got knocked out of the game, ha

If last year's offense was anemic, this year is going to be....

All Big 10
    Wow, reading your posts, you guys are really good. I was thinking of asking if I could join back in, because I am done with school finally, but I truly doubt that I would be even mildly competitive. I guess it is back to the console to re-learn the game and apply some of what I have learned by reading this thread. I do have a couple of questions for HS04 & unmartin, and anyone else that can give me some insight.

1. Is the spread or power running a better style to start with for offense?

2. Would you recommend playing a man-to-man or zone defense?

3. Should I start out with a high ranked team?

4. How much time to you spend playing this game a week?

Thanks in advance for all that respond.
    You never stand so tall as when you kneel to help a child.

Actually, I would like back in as well once we get moved to Chapel Hill and the new game comes out. The bugs with the super defender pass coverage in this game just kinda sent me off the deep end. I think the new game is gonna address a lot of those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 4evrHusker View Post
    1. Is the spread or power running a better style to start with for offense?

I would say that it really depends on the type of football that you like to play and one that is easy enough for you to grasp. I've seen some people on other sites say that sometimes that adults can compensate for less stick skills or video game familarity by playing with an offense in game that they played in while growing up. My only advice to you is find something that you enjoy doing(that works) and keep it simple while you're learning. But whatever you do, DON'T USE A RUNNING BASED SPREAD OFFENSE. As unmartin and RNH can attest, there are several game programming errors that make a run based spread incredibly difficult to master and run against users. My personal offense right now is an Air Raid offense with some Power running influences for short yardage situations and a change of pace.

2. Would you recommend playing a man-to-man or zone defense?

Once again, this one is up to your personal preference although I don't know anyone who exclusively plays zone or exclusively plays man. You kind of have to switch it up based on player tendency, down and distance and game situation. I tend to run more man than zone simply because I feel like in this game zone is not super effective.

3. Should I start out with a high ranked team?

I'd start out with a higher ranked team to learn the basics of what type of offense you want to run. Then, you can start using teams that fit a similar style of play to learn the more complicated aspects of your offense so that you can play with it at any levels.

4. How much time to you spend playing this game a week?

When I am into the game, I probably play anywhere from 2-3 hours a night but now I pretty much only play when I have an online dynasty game. Actually, my scrimmage game against RNH last night was the first time that I have played a non-online dynasty game in at least 4 months. But, I am starting to get back into the game in preparation for NCAA 13, so I'll probably play around 1 1/2 a day now if I have time.

Thanks in advance for all that respond.
    I just added my answers in your quote but I am far from an expert! If you want to practice against a user who won't cheese like lobby players will, add my gamertag GrooviestTom and send me a message or game invite. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask!