Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 173 of 266 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 5318

Thread: HuskerMax BBS NCAA 13 XBOX 360 Online Dynasty

Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by retired-navy-husker View Post
    I've advanced us to players leaving. I assumed everyone wanted to keep their jobs and not take sub-standard coordinator positions.
    I might deserve one

I did see your son's name rumored for a couple of the openings.

Scout Team

Naturally, the best player on my defense wants to leave...and after wasting nearly 2 hours talking to him...he does

Quote Originally Posted by twokgrad View Post
    Naturally, the best player on my defense wants to leave...and after wasting nearly 2 hours talking to him...he does
    I lost 19 seniors to graduation, including most of my best players.

Lost 17 players here. But convinced two 93 secondary players to stay.

Looks like we are just waiting on Unmartin and Florida as my friend just got on.

Scout Team

I forgot to even count how many graduated...I did lose my top RB...but I didn't really think much of him, so I let him go to the draft early

Scout Team

Oh...and interestingly in my bowl game both my starting RB and starting QB got knocked out of the game, ha

If last year's offense was anemic, this year is going to be....

All Big 10
    Wow, reading your posts, you guys are really good. I was thinking of asking if I could join back in, because I am done with school finally, but I truly doubt that I would be even mildly competitive. I guess it is back to the console to re-learn the game and apply some of what I have learned by reading this thread. I do have a couple of questions for HS04 & unmartin, and anyone else that can give me some insight.

1. Is the spread or power running a better style to start with for offense?

2. Would you recommend playing a man-to-man or zone defense?

3. Should I start out with a high ranked team?

4. How much time to you spend playing this game a week?

Thanks in advance for all that respond.
    You never stand so tall as when you kneel to help a child.

Actually, I would like back in as well once we get moved to Chapel Hill and the new game comes out. The bugs with the super defender pass coverage in this game just kinda sent me off the deep end. I think the new game is gonna address a lot of those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 4evrHusker View Post

I would say that it really depends on the type of football that you like to play and one that is easy enough for you to grasp. I've seen some people on other sites say that sometimes that adults can compensate for less stick skills or video game familarity by playing with an offense in game that they played in while growing up. My only advice to you is find something that you enjoy doing(that works) and keep it simple while you're learning. But whatever you do, DON'T USE A RUNNING BASED SPREAD OFFENSE. As unmartin and RNH can attest, there are several game programming errors that make a run based spread incredibly difficult to master and run against users. My personal offense right now is an Air Raid offense with some Power running influences for short yardage situations and a change of pace.

Once again, this one is up to your personal preference although I don't know anyone who exclusively plays zone or exclusively plays man. You kind of have to switch it up based on player tendency, down and distance and game situation. I tend to run more man than zone simply because I feel like in this game zone is not super effective.

I'd start out with a higher ranked team to learn the basics of what type of offense you want to run. Then, you can start using teams that fit a similar style of play to learn the more complicated aspects of your offense so that you can play with it at any levels.

When I am into the game, I probably play anywhere from 2-3 hours a night but now I pretty much only play when I have an online dynasty game. Actually, my scrimmage game against RNH last night was the first time that I have played a non-online dynasty game in at least 4 months. But, I am starting to get back into the game in preparation for NCAA 13, so I'll probably play around 1 1/2 a day now if I have time.

I just added my answers in your quote but I am far from an expert! If you want to practice against a user who won't cheese like lobby players will, add my gamertag GrooviestTom and send me a message or game invite. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask!

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerSoccer04 View Post
    I just added my answers in your quote but I am far from an expert! If you want to practice against a user who won't cheese like lobby players will, add my gamertag GrooviestTom and send me a message or game invite. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask!
    Thanks for the advice. I will have to play some this weekend before I play against someone. I have to figure out an offense that I can run.....

All Legend
    Wow, reading your posts, you guys are really good. I was thinking of asking if I could join back in, because I am done with school finally, but I truly doubt that I would be even mildly competitive. I guess it is back to the console to re-learn the game and apply some of what I have learned by reading this thread. I do have a couple of questions for HS04 & unmartin, and anyone else that can give me some insight.

1) I know for my offense I like the Michigan State playbook, it offers a variety of I formations as well as ACE formations and Shotgun variations that go from 3 to 4 to 5 wide. I generally do not like to run out of a shotgun formation (although I will do draws and quick dives at times).

2) I play both defensively, it is very important that you mix it up. Also you need to find blitzes that work for you (either zone or man) I personally only employ 4 blitzes (regularly) out of the entire "Multiple D" playbook. Also, if your D is not stopping the person you are playing than you need to change it, no matter if you go to plays you never run, DO NOT GET STUCK RUNNING YOUR SYSTEM IF IT IS NOT WORKING!

3) If you are just starting out and feel you are not as good of a player as other players than "yes". But the key is don't get frustrated with games, it is a learning process and the more you play against good competition the better you will get

4) Generally when the game first comes out I would play anywhere from 6-8 games a week online (provided I could find the time) and as the year goes on I play less and less online. I always play against online players because I like the competition of it, of course you run into cheesers a good % of the time but it is what it is..I just keep working on my game. THis is the first year I have done Dynasty play and I am really enjoying it
    Just because I rock doesn't mean I am made of stone

All Big 10
    Thanks for the insight unmartin, I mighr actually have an idea what I am doing this weekend now.....maybe.

I've had some success, but very irregular results running a spread based offense. It seems that when you're hot, you're unstoppable, but if anything is out of sync, it becomes a very long day. The running game out of the spread just doesn't pop the way you would want it to all the time.

Defensively, I play a mix of man and zone, but you really have to look at your teams attributes to determine which system will work for you. I personally play a 4-2-5 base defense, but also mix in some 4-3, nickle, and a small amount of dime depending on down, and distance. I tend not to blitz a lot, but will still bring some heat at appropriate times. I tend to focus on stopping the run (which has hurt me against the pass lately.

I would start with a 5 or 6 star prestige school, just for the sake of recruiting, but you have to determine what kind of personnel you need to run the offense you want to run. When selecting a school, you can review that contract and the roster to see what kind of players you would have before you sign.

Play wise, I play maybe 5-6 hours per week when the dynasty is humming a long.

All Big 10
    Thanks RNH, more to digest before I start anew......

All Legend
    just an FYI but I can dedicate a good 1.5 hours towards the offseason today starting at 5pm pst...hopefully we can all find some time in there and we can warp through the off season...thoughts?
    Just because I rock doesn't mean I am made of stone

My son and I are not going to be able to do much tonight, but I don't want to hold the dynasty up. I'll pass over control to HS04, and you guys can sim our recruiting for the off season if the utopia guys are on to do their stuff. We DO want to do our own cut players though.

ETA: We will be out, because it is his HS Spring Football game. I get to live vicariously tonight

Scout Team

I am available tonight starting about now...will keep tabs on the forums to see when everyone plans on getting around to it

Alright. RNH, I will only advance past weeks if they Utopia guys get on. And no matter what I won't go past Player cuts without you guys checking in.

My son and I are not going to be able to do much tonight, but I don't want to hold the dynasty up. I'll pass over control to HS04, and you guys can sim our recruiting for the off season if the utopia guys are on to do their stuff. We DO want to do our own cut players though.

ETA: We will be out, because it is his HS Spring Football game. I get to live vicariously tonight
    RNH, I am not showing you as being in the dynasty at all from the website? Did you leave the dynasty? Or was that an accident?