Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Fuller Makes Cut to 11: Nebraska In

  1. #1
    Moderator
    BornToBeRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    14,531

    Fuller Makes Cut to 11: Nebraska In

    Nebraska makes the list along with:

    Alabama, UCLA, Kansas, Penn State, TCU, BC, UConn, Miami, Rutgers, and Georgia Tech.

    Nebraska, Penn State, and Rutgers are widely considered to be favorites.

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102,603
    I think we take Armstrong as the QB in this class and Fuller stays out East....just my opinion....appears to be a great athlete....I just don't see him as a quarterback....

    Plus, these lists have to be something that the recruiting services encourage and push...drives me crazy....I hate it....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  3. #3
    Moderator
    BornToBeRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    14,531
    Conversation on 24/7's main board, 'The Blue Board', that I enjoyed:
    Michigan Fan 1: He better not go to Nebraska, don't feel like facing him for four years.

    Michigan Fan 2: [Agrees]. Why he can't he just stay out of the Big Ten? This kid is a stud and would be a nightmare to face. Fuller at Nebraska could turn into a Bobby Newcombe type player, and we all know how fun that would be for opponents.

  4. #4
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    100,370
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    Nebraska makes the list along with:

    Alabama, UCLA, Kansas, Penn State, TCU, BC, UConn, Miami, Rutgers, and Georgia Tech.

    Nebraska, Penn State, and Rutgers are widely considered to be favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    I think we take Armstrong as the QB in this class and Fuller stays out East....just my opinion....appears to be a great athlete....I just don't see him as a quarterback....

    Plus, these lists have to be something that the recruitning services encourage and push...drives me crazy....
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    Conversation on 24/7's main board, 'The Blue Board', that I enjoyed:
    You guys are amazing. Thanks for doing what you do. I wished I understood half of this recruiting stuff.

  5. #5
    Moderator
    BornToBeRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    14,531
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    You guys are amazing. Thanks for doing what you do. I wished I understood half of this recruiting stuff.
    This is Red Reign's ball field, I'm just playing on it. Though I'm loving that he and I are finally differing on some kids.

  6. #6
    Heisman

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pflugerville, Texas
    Posts
    30,122
    I hate when a kid drops his teams to the final 12 or so....that is really not cutting anything but playing it along....just another thing that has turned me off some on recruiting plus what some coaches have told me.

  7. #7
    Junior Varsity

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by p-ville husker View Post
    I hate when a kid drops his teams to the final 12 or so....that is really not cutting anything but playing it along....just another thing that has turned me off some on recruiting plus what some coaches have told me.
    Agreed.....are you really "narrowing it" when you go from 20 to 11. I mean, technically yes.....but until you get it cut to around 5 schools will you really learn anything about those places. It will all get mixed together.

  8. #8
    Husker Immortal
    carrolltonsker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    133,943
    Quote Originally Posted by p-ville husker View Post
    I hate when a kid drops his teams to the final 12 or so....that is really not cutting anything but playing it along....just another thing that has turned me off some on recruiting plus what some coaches have told me.
    I agree. This kid seems to be enjoying the attention a little too much.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)


  9. #9
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,702
    If Penn St and Rutgers are his front runners along with NU, I don't see why we couldn't pull him other than distance if he really wanted to stay close to home. But I think we can get this kid. It may go down to the last day though as he doesn't look to be rushing a commitment.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

  10. #10
    Scout Team
    johnhoie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,474
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    Agreed.....are you really "narrowing it" when you go from 20 to 11. I mean, technically yes.....but until you get it cut to around 5 schools will you really learn anything about those places. It will all get mixed together.
    Look at it this way -- our chances of getting him just sent from 5% to 9.1%.
    I, for one, am stoked!

  11. #11
    All Legend
    huskernut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    16,638
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoie View Post
    Look at it this way -- our chances of getting him just sent from 5% to 9.1%.
    I, for one, am stoked!
    "It just shows that we're changing the program," Petteway said. "Coach Miles and the guys we have on our staff and our players, we're changing the culture of Nebraska basketball, and this is just the beginning for us." - HuskerOnline.com 2-16-2014

  12. #12
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,702
    Hey RR, do you think that the fact we don't have Starling to worry about now would help a bit on gaining a commitment from Fuller or Armstrong. I know we are probably closer to getting Armstrong than Fuller but I wouldn't complain at all for getting both those guys in Lincoln.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

  13. #13
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102,603
    Yes....means we are thinner especially if Turner stays at WR....which I think he will....

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    Hey RR, do you think that the fact we don't have Starling to worry about now would help a bit on gaining a commitment from Fuller or Armstrong. I know we are probably closer to getting Armstrong than Fuller but I wouldn't complain at all for getting both those guys in Lincoln.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  14. #14
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Yes....means we are thinner especially if Turner stays at WR....whic I think he will....
    Yea, I see they have Turner taking snaps at QB but I don't see them moving him to QB, without injury to TM or BC, maybe even RKIII.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

  15. #15
    Scout Team
    bucktril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    3,022
    I would like to see Kansas get this kid.

  16. #16
    Moderator
    BornToBeRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    14,531
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktril View Post
    I would like to see Kansas get this kid.
    That makes one of us.

  17. #17
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,702
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktril View Post
    I would like to see Kansas get this kid.
    Why?

    I love Coach Gill but I'm not hoping that someone we can use here in Lincoln chooses Kansas over us.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •