Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

View Poll Results: What do you expect nest year?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • No expectations, let just see what they can do

    4 26.67%
  • Big 10 is so bad I expect we make a Regional

    9 60.00%
  • Make a Super Regional

    2 13.33%
  • Make it to Omaha in June

    0 0%
  • National Champions

    0 0%
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: What do you exoect for next years team?

  1. #1
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    21,614

    What do you exoect for next years team?

    With the staff we has assembled, what are your expectations for next season?

    Part of me says to give the staff a year or two to gel and get the players they want in the program. Another part of me says the Big 10 is so bad at baseball that I expect us to make the regionals.

    So what do you all think?

  2. #2
    Guest

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Fremont
    Posts
    4,296
    I do think there was a lot of room for improvement and going to a slightly weaker conference should allow us to improve record wise. As far as making it to a regional it could be tough. I think we should all send our positive mojo toward Lincoln and hope for the best.

  3. #3
    Heisman

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    somewhere in Texas
    Posts
    31,342
    Quote Originally Posted by joncarl View Post
    I do think there was a lot of room for improvement and going to a slightly weaker conference should allow us to improve record wise. As far as making it to a regional it could be tough. I think we should all send our positive mojo toward Lincoln and hope for the best.
    A slightly weaker conference? You are joking right? The big 10 is by far the weakest BCS league and ranked like 14th of all conferences.

    the big 10 has only sent 1 team from their conference to the NCAA's 9 of the 13 years they have went to 64 teams and the last two years Minnesota and Illinois was the only Big 10 team invited and both received a 4 seed.

    If we don't win this weak arse conference minimum 4 out 5 years we have trouble....nobody can match our fans, facilities, coaching staff. some big 10 stadiums are smaller than HS stadiums.

  4. #4
    Husker Fan
    HuskerWeatherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    47,200
    Nebraska may win the Big Ten next season -- which would rank them as about the 100th best team in the nation, give them a 4-seed, road regional game, loss, and season over. Some fans might get excited to see Michigan, Penn State, or Ohio State come to Lincoln -- until they realize that these teams are about the equivalent of University of Nebraska-Kearney. It's bad. Really really bad.

  5. #5
    Heisman

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    somewhere in Texas
    Posts
    31,342
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    Nebraska may win the Big Ten next season -- which would rank them as about the 100th best team in the nation, give them a 4-seed, road regional game, loss, and season over. Some fans might get excited to see Michigan, Penn State, or Ohio State come to Lincoln -- until they realize that these teams are about the equivalent of University of Nebraska-Kearney. It's bad. Really really bad.
    I think we can get a 3 seed and maybe even a 2 seed if we have a tough non conference schedule and win some games. I hope we can get some Pac 12 teams and Big 12 teams OOC....at least 3-4 series against them.

    I really think we can be good with our staff and if Silva can get our young freshmen starters righted then we could be really tough.

  6. #6
    All American
    Ackos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    23,579
    Absolutely no clue
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for
    without receiving.

  7. #7
    Guest

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Fremont
    Posts
    4,296
    Quote Originally Posted by p-ville husker View Post
    A slightly weaker conference? You are joking right? The big 10 is by far the weakest BCS league and ranked like 14th of all conferences.

    the big 10 has only sent 1 team from their conference to the NCAA's 9 of the 13 years they have went to 64 teams and the last two years Minnesota and Illinois was the only Big 10 team invited and both received a 4 seed.

    If we don't win this weak arse conference minimum 4 out 5 years we have trouble....nobody can match our fans, facilities, coaching staff. some big 10 stadiums are smaller than HS stadiums.
    I was being generous.

  8. #8
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    21,614
    After thinking about it some more, with the Big 10 as bad as it is I do exoect us to win both the regular season and tourney next year. IF that does not happen I will not rag on the staff, but will be very disappointed with the season.

    If our young pitchers come around with silva's coaching and we find a few hitters, we would have a chance at winning a regional against a non seeded host team. I look forward to watching this Staff take Nu back to the playoffs and hopefully one day to Omaha again.

  9. #9
    Message Board Wizard
    izzycohen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    5,564
    I have no clue. I feel the coaching staff is solid. I know nothing about the players.

  10. #10
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    69,611
    Interestingly, even if we win the Big10 regular season title, we would still have to win the conference tournament to qualify. We should make a regional, but have no shot to host and to win the regional would be our best hope.
    “I don't know if I'm ever really happy. I always know that there's that much more out there for us.” -- Bo Pelini
    "I must be an awful coach that we can't get a quarterback-center exchange." -- Tim Beck








Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •