Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Only one B1G Ten team makes the REGIONALS

Red Shirt

Only one B1G Ten team makes the REGIONALS

Well, hopefully we can start to change the scope of baseball in the big ten, otherwise it will be win Big Ten tourney or bust.

Big 12 has 6 teams in. Missouri even missed out after almost clinching the tourney!

http://www.d1baseball.com/2011/regionals2011.htm

Yeah it will be win the tourney or Bust for the baseball team. Not only is Illinois the only Big 10 team they are a 4th seed in the regional. OUCH! Hopefully we can help change the culture of baseball in the Big 10...never say never, but I will not hold my breath either.

All American
    Surprised Baylor got in
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for
    without receiving.

Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by HUSKER 4 EVER View Post
    Yeah it will be win the tourney or Bust for the baseball team. Not only is Illinois the only Big 10 team they are a 4th seed in the regional. OUCH! Hopefully we can help change the culture of baseball in the Big 10...never say never, but I will not hold my breath either.
    The biggest problem with Big 10 baseball is it is like the small basketball conference. The league is so bad that you can't get a enough strength of schedule to make it is an at large. The Huskers could walk away with the regular season but if they don't win the conference tourney they are out. I hope the league improves some. This is two years in a row they only got one team and it was a 4 seed.

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by davidadurNU View Post
    Well, hopefully we can start to change the scope of baseball in the big ten, otherwise it will be win Big Ten tourney or bust.

Big 12 has 6 teams in. Missouri even missed out after almost clinching the tourney!

http://www.d1baseball.com/2011/regionals2011.htm
    Missouri missed out as they were under .500 Had to win the tournament to get in.

Calling The Count
    The Big 12 was helped out by the fact several one bid leagues had the league champ win the tourney. Creighton won the MVC tourney (CU would've gotten an at-large if they lost to Wichita State in the final) and the Summit had Oral Roberts win over SDSU. Wichita State and SDSU weren't in a position to get an at large.
    "I've never quit anything in my life" -- Bo Pelini