Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Bubba Starling, Huskers still in the picture

Recruit

Bubba Starling, Huskers still in the picture

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....26/index.html

This is posted on HuskerMax and has some encouraging signs for Nebraska. First Dad is wearing a Nebraska hat and Mom would like him to get a degree. Of course we all have to wait for the baseball draft and see how many Millions are then in the picture.

Red Shirt

If I recall correctly, Boras, his "agent advisor" met with the family for the first time on Monday of this week. Anyone read any updates since then? My guess is that went pretty well for favoring the draft. It is encouraging that Mom wants him to get an education and mature, like big Sis. Prior to the agent visit, Mom seemed to feel if he is worth millions now, he will be in 3-4 years too; the nuiances of that may have been clarified for the family during the Boras visit. Should be interesting to see this unfold.

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by KTexUNLfan View Post
    If I recall correctly, Boras, his "agent advisor" met with the family for the first time on Monday of this week. Anyone read any updates since then? My guess is that went pretty well for favoring the draft. It is encouraging that Mom wants him to get an education and mature, like big Sis. Prior to the agent visit, Mom seemed to feel if he is worth millions now, he will be in 3-4 years too; the nuiances of that may have been clarified for the family during the Boras visit. Should be interesting to see this unfold.
    Isn't that how Ehlers got suspended for 33 games with him and his mom talking to an advisor?

Husker Immortal
    Tim Beck and John Papuchis spoke at last evening's North Texas Nebraskans banquest. somebody asked if Bubba Starling will "be wearing a cap or a helmet?" Coach Beck replied that he really didn't know, but that we "will support any decision he makes."
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Not sure if has been posted, but I am a regular reader of www.mlbtraderumors.com and there have been a few articles stating Pirates could take Bubba Starling with #1 pick.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by KTexUNLfan View Post
    Prior to the agent visit, Mom seemed to feel if he is worth millions now, he will be in 3-4 years too;
    She's pretty naive if she thinks that's etched in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    She's pretty naive if she thinks that's etched in stone.
    No joke. So many things can happen.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by p-ville husker View Post
    Isn't that how Ehlers got suspended for 33 games with him and his mom talking to an advisor?
    No, the player and his family are allowed to have and meet with advisors, however, the advisor cannot have any contact or negotiate with teams on behalf of the player. The issue with Ehlers was not that he had an advisor, but that his advisor had a short conversation with the team that drafted him, and then the family talked about it on the record in the OWH and other places. I think it is pretty common for advisors to have contact with teams about their players, but the families don't usually turn around and talk about it in the local papers.