Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: McKewon: Five Year Snapshot

  1. #1
    Moderator
    BornToBeRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    14,590

    McKewon: Five Year Snapshot

    Nebraska 56-74-1
    Check the LINK to see how the rest of the Big 12 has done the last few years.

  2. #2
    Husker Fan

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    46,010
    More "proof". There's no way Osborne keeps this guy. Right?

  3. #3
    Red Shirt
    Fromunda Cheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,201
    No article from the LJS? Surprise, surprise!
    "I've never quit anything in my life" -- Bo Pelini

  4. #4
    Guest

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lees Summit, Missouri
    Posts
    327
    Time to let MA claim his dream job as non-paid assistant @ Northern Colorado

  5. #5
    Husker Fan
    HuskerWeatherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    46,545
    Interesting that 2007 and 2008 are included -- those skew the results as NU was above .500 both of those seasons. Of greater importance than 2007 and 2008 are the most recent three seasons:

    2011: 7-16
    2010: 10-17
    2009: 8-19

    3-year total: 25-52. That's a .325 winning percentage in the Big 12, which is LAST in the conference over that period. Yes, winning less than 1 out of every 3 games.

  6. #6
    Heisman

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    somewhere in Texas
    Posts
    31,131
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    Interesting that 2007 and 2008 are included -- those skew the results as NU was above .500 both of those seasons. Of greater importance than 2007 and 2008 are the most recent three seasons:

    2011: 7-16
    2010: 10-17
    2009: 8-19

    3-year total: 25-52. That's a .325 winning percentage in the Big 12, which is LAST in the conference over that period. Yes, winning less than 1 out of every 3 games.
    Almost like doc's 30-50 record in Big 12 play....kind of scary.

  7. #7
    Guest

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by p-ville husker View Post
    Almost like doc's 30-50 record in Big 12 play....kind of scary.
    It is kind of like it. I think it is different though. IMO taking a program in the dumps and trying to build it into something is different than taking a good program and dragging it down. Doc definitely needs to start showing something but NU basketball wasn't very good when he took the job. I hoped for more but I guess I like Doc and don't mind him having a couple more years. MA is another story from my perspective. He has taken the reigns of something pretty good (sort of like FS did in the late 90's) and either has or is in the process of running it into the ground. To me, that deserves less patience. I guess we will see what happens.

  8. #8
    Husker Fan
    HuskerWeatherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    46,545
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP View Post
    It is kind of like it. I think it is different though. IMO taking a program in the dumps and trying to build it into something is different than taking a good program and dragging it down. Doc definitely needs to start showing something but NU basketball wasn't very good when he took the job. I hoped for more but I guess I like Doc and don't mind him having a couple more years. MA is another story from my perspective. He has taken the reigns of something pretty good (sort of like FS did in the late 90's) and either has or is in the process of running it into the ground. To me, that deserves less patience. I guess we will see what happens.
    ... considering solich had NU in the BCS champioinship game in his 4th season (and the team in his 2nd season was actually probably better).... i don't really grasp the comparison. maybe if you assume that following 2003, he was headed for the cellar... but i think we know that wasn't going to happen.... not penthouse to cellar like mike anderson.

  9. #9
    Heisman

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    somewhere in Texas
    Posts
    31,131
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP View Post
    It is kind of like it. I think it is different though. IMO taking a program in the dumps and trying to build it into something is different than taking a good program and dragging it down. Doc definitely needs to start showing something but NU basketball wasn't very good when he took the job. I hoped for more but I guess I like Doc and don't mind him having a couple more years. MA is another story from my perspective. He has taken the reigns of something pretty good (sort of like FS did in the late 90's) and either has or is in the process of running it into the ground. To me, that deserves less patience. I guess we will see what happens.
    Solich was a very good coach, but nobody was EVER going to keep the same program TO had his last 5 years, before those years TO was considered a good coach that could not win the big one. If TO does not win 3 of 4 MNC he goes down as one of the better coaches that could not win the big one and not the Great coach that most consider now. Solich had a very good record.

    Anyway to MA and Doc, yes MA had a very good program and did well the first few years, but the last 3 has been terrible and needs to go. doc has improved the team by 1 win total in conference....he has not improved the program at all.....so he is in the same boat imo, basketball is the EASIEST sport to turn around as you only need 1 superstar or 2 very good players to compete and make the dance.







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •