Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: OU and Omaha

Blackshirt

OU and Omaha

Hmmmm. OU coughed up a ton of runs to OSU this past weekend! If our guys pitch up to their demonstrated capabilities, we should have a chance! We'll see if MA is a leader here!

I was apparently out of it the last few years, I don't understand why they built two stadiums in Omaha. I understand the Ameritrade thing, it was do it or lose the CWS . But why did the Omaha 3A professional group decide to build their own stadium? It appears they built a nice place, but why? Except for the CWS, what are they going to do with Ameritrade?

And don't tell me it will be used as Creighton's home field, that is a joke!
    Huskers Uber Alles

Quote Originally Posted by Merle View Post
    Hmmmm. OU coughed up a ton of runs to OSU this past weekend! If our guys pitch up to their demonstrated capabilities, we should have a chance! We'll see if MA is a leader here!

I was apparently out of it the last few years, I don't understand why they built two stadiums in Omaha. I understand the Ameritrade thing, it was do it or lose the CWS . But why did the Omaha 3A professional group decide to build their own stadium? It appears they built a nice place, but why? Except for the CWS, what are they going to do with Ameritrade?

OK, I will not be the one to tell you.

I think the Nighthawks will play their games there too.

Scout Team

Because MECA didn't want them there and did nothing to try and get them as a tenant. The Storm Chasers have a place that is well suited for what they need in Sarpy County. Both stadiums will be sucessfully and are designed for what their primary purpose should be. Read Tom Shatel's First Downs and Second Guesses column in the 4/19/2011 OWH ( today)

Red Shirt
    Creighton will average more fans in attendance than Nebraska.
    "I've never quit anything in my life" -- Bo Pelini

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Nebugeater View Post
    Because MECA didn't want them there and did nothing to try and get them as a tenant. The Storm Chasers have a place that is well suited for what they need in Sarpy County. Both stadiums will be sucessfully and are designed for what their primary purpose should be. Read Tom Shatel's First Downs and Second Guesses column in the 4/19/2011 OWH ( today)
    I believe MECA DID want them there but the "Royals" took a better deal. The large stadium and downtown location wasn't all that appealing to the "Royals"...for good reason. It's one thing to get people to go downtown for a two week event. It's another to do so in July...or May...or september. And, like I said, it was a better financial deal. I don't buy that MECA didn't want them because they are still pursuing a "Salt Dogs" level team...which, IMO, is a complete waste of time. I can't imagine ANYONE would have any desire to go see a bunch of never-was players kick the ball around. There is ZERO chance I'd even make one game a decade.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    I believe MECA DID want them there but the "Royals" took a better deal. The large stadium and downtown location wasn't all that appealing to the "Royals"...for good reason. It's one thing to get people to go downtown for a two week event. It's another to do so in July...or May...or september. And, like I said, it was a better financial deal. I don't buy that MECA didn't want them because they are still pursuing a "Salt Dogs" level team...which, IMO, is a complete waste of time. I can't imagine ANYONE would have any desire to go see a bunch of never-was players kick the ball around. There is ZERO chance I'd even make one game a decade.
    I think you are correct. MECA wanted the Royals, but the Royals were not excited about the location and the new rental fee.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by carrolltonsker View Post
    I think you are correct. MECA wanted the Royals, but the Royals were not excited about the location and the new rental fee.
    Shatel referenced the storm chasers pocketing much of the concession revenue at Werner today...something that wouldn't have happened at Ameritrade.

Odd for Omaha to have two stadiums like this but is will likely work out well for all involved.

Red Shirt
    MECA wanted the Royals, but the Royals were not excited about the location and the new rental fee.
    I think we are playing with words here. MECA wanted the Royals, but they wanted them on MECA's terms, not the Royals terms. When this wasn't going to happen, MECA was as disinterested in the Royals as the Royals were with them

Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by Fromunda Cheese View Post
    I think we are playing with words here. MECA wanted the Royals, but they wanted them on MECA's terms, not the Royals terms. When this wasn't going to happen, MECA was as disinterested in the Royals as the Royals were with them
    We have a WINNER here.

If they had wanted the Royals they would have provided some give and take. Concessions, lockers, offices that they didn't have to vacate, space to build these if the Storm Chasers would have footed the bill. The actions didn't back up tha tthey wanted them as they were preseted to the public.

Husker Immortal
    Well sure. Whenever a deal is to be made, both sides want to have some type of advantage. What I was saying is that one of the previous posts was not accurate when it said that MEAC did not want the Royals. They did, but the Royals didn't like the financial details.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Husker Fan

Went to the new park last night and can't resist the pun....Omaha absolutely knocked this one out of the park! Beautiful stadium. Major League feel yet small enough to be "intimate". Plenty of room in the consession areas and you can watch the action from those areas too...as opposed to Rosenblatt where you can't see the field until you came through the "tunnel". The picture on the big screen was amazing. I sort of get people wanting to hold on to the "old" but rosenblatt was a complete dump compared to this place. Well done, MECA.

Husker Immortal
    NOT!!!
    "According to a Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 45 percent. Luckily for Obama, he has 'impeachment insurance.' It's called 'Joe Biden.'" –Jay Leno

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    NOT!!!
    Well, that's clear enough! OSU scored like 30 runs over their three games against OU last weekend. I guess MA can't go out to home plate and handle the bats, but he is responsible for the selection (recruiting) of players, and it is his job to train and teach them. Appears to me he is failing in each and every regard!
    Huskers Uber Alles

Red Shirt
    Appears to me he is failing in each and every regard!
    And it took you how many years to realize this???

Husker Immortal
    And it took you how many years to realize this???
    Oh, Merle has known for a long time, FC! It is people like me who had too much blind faith!