Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear Tom

Red Shirt

Dear Tom

Please, Tom please, do the right thing by Nebraska baseball and its fans!

Isn't it beyond painfully obvious by now? Isn't it Tom?

I'm, I mean, we, are begging you to move this program forward by relieving Mike Anderson of his duties.

Thanks,

Every Husker Who Cares About Nebraska Baseball
    "I've never quit anything in my life" -- Bo Pelini

That didn't take you long, did it?

huskerborn
    Truth hurts

Red Shirt
    I'm finally writing what I knew in July of 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Fromunda Cheese View Post
    I'm finally writing what I knew in July of 2002
    A well-written, properly structured letter to Dr. Tom opining your thoughts of Mike Anderson and the Nebraska baseball program?

'Cause harping on thread after thread here on HuskerMax is about as useful as doing so for Doc Sadler--it'll lead to an extension.

If fans are upset, the best thing they can do is tell the AD about it. And I don't mean some crap you pull out of your arse after a loss. I mean a well thought out, broad explanation of your thoughts on the program. If you want changes, then tell someone that matters. Just don't do it in an internet-fan fashion. Do it as someone that wants the program to do well.

Red Shirt
    A well-written, properly structured letter to Dr. Tom opining your thoughts of Mike Anderson and the Nebraska baseball program?

'Cause harping on thread after thread here on HuskerMax is about as useful as doing so for Doc Sadler--it'll lead to an extension.

If fans are upset, the best thing they can do is tell the AD about it. And I don't mean some crap you pull out of your arse after a loss. I mean a well thought out, broad explanation of your thoughts on the program. If you want changes, then tell someone that matters. Just don't do it in an internet-fan fashion. Do it as someone that wants the program to do well.

Thats one way to do it. Another thought is that money talks. And my money quit talking to the NU athletic department's baseball program in 2008

Thats one way to do it. Another thought is that money talks. And my money quit talking to the NU athletic department's baseball program in 2008
    And when you stopped your donation, did you inform the Athletic Department as to why you were doing so? I imagine they've lost a number of donors, in many programs, over the last few years.

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    That didn't take you long, did it?
    It's simply wash, rinse, repeat from words said last season (and some even the season prior). Still very valid. Still absolutely sickening if Tom continues to be clueless.

Red Shirt

I respect your opinion this, but this is the fact: If it takes a "well thought out, broad explanation of my thoughts" to open TO's eyes to what is going on with the baseball team, I don't need to write that letter to Tom Osborne, I need to write that letter to Harvey Perlman

All American
    Signed
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for
    without receiving.

Heisman

TO needs to step aside as AD for the baseball and basketball teams and just worry about football.....he does not have the guts to fire a coach that is nice....now call him a crusty old fart and see what happens. IF BC would have kissed up to him and asked for help, I believe TO would have kept him.

I respect your opinion this, but this is the fact: If it takes a "well thought out, broad explanation of my thoughts" to open TO's eyes to what is going on with the baseball team, I don't need to write that letter to Tom Osborne, I need to write that letter to Harvey Perlman
    Quite frankly--I agree.

The move to the Big Ten is great for Dr. Tom and the football program, but he pretty much guaranteed that baseball is done being nationally relevant.

My thought process for a while, regarding Doc, was that he was leaving the decision to the next AD. Then he completely shot that to hell by giving Doc an extension. So while I want to believe Osborne is just leaving this to the next AD, I'm really not so sure.

I think any and every fan of Nebraska will always love Dr. Tom for his time in the football program, and even for some of his moves as the AD. But, I think many of us agree its time for him to move on.

Husker Fan
    Osborne was brought aboard to save the football program. Good for him. It appears he did just that. But otherwise, I don't believe he is too concerned about the long-term (or maybe even short-term) of the other programs. He knows he didn't become AD to stick around for 10-15 years. That said, I hope he finds a solid person to take the job over soon. I HATE to see the other programs suffer like they are now.

Cake or Death?
    How dare any of you question God, errrrrr, Tom on his handling of the athletic department! Seriously though, this baseball program the was built up so nicely by Van Horn isn't even a shell of those days anymore, it's truly sad, and as more time goes on, I really don't think TO is competent in decisions outside of football (coaching wise). With that being said, I'd rather have a great football program at the expense of all the other sports, but it shouldn't be an "either or" proposition. There is no reason, with the willingness of fans in Nebraska to support all the teams, that NU can't be competitive in all sports.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)" - Eddie Izzard

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    That said, I hope he finds a solid person to take the job over soon.(

As long as it's not Trev Alberts.