Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

View Poll Results: 2011 Post of the year (you can pick more then one)

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • bilsker

6 11.32%
  • Huskrthill

8 15.09%
  • Warhorse

0 0%
  • RedPhoenix

19 35.85%
  • bilsker

7 13.21%
  • huskrthill

16 30.19%
  • FeelLikeAStranger

17 32.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: 2011 HM Awards: Post of the year

Hybrid View

Administrator

2011 HM Awards: Post of the year

2011 HM Awards: Post of the year:
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110505/...n_bin_laden_69Can't say I'm surprised. Dude...Our guys waltzed right into your country, shot it up for 40 minutes, crashed a copter, blew IT up, looted a house and got out of the country without your "security forces" even batting an eye. I wouldn't be bragging about the competence of said forces nor would I be threatening "distastrous consequences". I understand they are a Nuke power but I'm putting the odds at under 50% that they could successfully launch an inflatable raft much less a nuclear missile.Might wanna just shut your pie hole Mr. Brashir and figure out what Pakistan wants to do about it's little image problem.
    Huskrthill is the nomination
    Quote Originally Posted by 4evrHusker View Post
    When was your "light-bulb" moment?
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    About 4 weeks ago. Turns out I'm a man. Like Mike Gundy, but not quite 40 yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Care to share the facts and figures you base that on or is that just your opinion?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Last week, while losing at NCAA 2012, Martinez threw his controller at the tv in frustration. He now has a hole in his microwave.
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    It's really hard to have these discussions with you without getting vacationed.

That said...Doc Sadler. Only a simpleton couldn't see HE'S not cut out for the job. So let's not talk like you have some sort of stranglehold on who is and who is not a coach "heading in the right direction".

Solich should not have been fired after 2003. That does not mean that he was absolutely on the right track. Fact is we will never know. What's happened SINCE? Obviously Callahan sucked. His suckitude still does NOT mean that Solich was going to get Nebraska back to where people think it should be. NU is where it is now. None of that other crap really means squat now. Those of you fearing that there is some groundswell to get rid of Bo are simply just paranoid or, more likely, diverting attention away from criticisms of him (there are legit criticisms) by flaming this "OH MY GOD!!! YOU WANNA FIRE HIM????" bullcrap.

It's like your keyboard is farting all over the Internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelLikeAStranger View Post
    I will take 5 more years of 9-10 wins a year if it guarantees we don't drop below that. It would mean we'll have a 11-more season within a decade. With our population base and built-in recruiting challenges, we have to have both our offense and defensive talent cycles coincide. We had great defense last year, but our offense has been down for two years. (How much better is our record if we put the 2010 defense with the 2011 offense?) Add in a complete staff shuffle on both sides of the ball, new conference...it would have been easy to lose ground this year.

9-10 with no major problems is the standard. That standard is being met and exceeded on the academic side. There shouldn't even be a discussion going on that includes the word "fire". Suggesting repeating the biggest mistake in modern NU history in less than 10 years is beyond insanity.

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Nominee:
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Care to share the facts and figures you base that on or is that just your opinion?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#1 Husker Fan
    Not sure how you guys get them to copy over here:

Post #32 in this thread:

http://www.huskermax.com/vbbs/showth...-history/page2

RP posted it.

Last week, while losing at NCAA 2012, Martinez threw his controller at the tv in frustration. He now has a hole in his microwave.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cake or Death?
    Nominee

Quote Originally Posted by bilsker
    It's really hard to have these discussions with you without getting vacationed.

That said...Doc Sadler. Only a simpleton couldn't see HE'S not cut out for the job. So let's not talk like you have some sort of stranglehold on who is and who is not a coach "heading in the right direction".

Solich should not have been fired after 2003. That does not mean that he was absolutely on the right track. Fact is we will never know. What's happened SINCE? Obviously Callahan sucked. His suckitude still does NOT mean that Solich was going to get Nebraska back to where people think it should be. NU is where it is now. None of that other crap really means squat now. Those of you fearing that there is some groundswell to get rid of Bo are simply just paranoid or, more likely, diverting attention away from criticisms of him (there are legit criticisms) by flaming this "OH MY GOD!!! YOU WANNA FIRE HIM????" bullcrap.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)" - Eddie Izzard

All Legend
    I nominate Bilsker for post 251 of the Bo doing a little flirting thread

http://www.huskermax.com/vbbs/showth...l=1#post791062

SuperFan
    I dont' know how this didn't get nominated.. But it's GOLD!!!

SKI-U-MAH!

Blackshirt
    Red Phoenix

God of Huskermax

Crap, I wanted to vote for Thill's post too.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Crap, I wanted to vote for Thill's post too.
    You can try dumping your cookies. (not sure if that will work) Since the names are recorded I will know if anyone tries to abuse that.

Born a Nebraskan, raised a Nebraskan, will die a Nebraskan!! Go Big Red!

Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” - Gamalie the Pharisee - Addressing the Sanhedrin regarding the new group called Christians
    "I support collecting more in taxes from people with high incomes who choose to actually pay taxes at lower tax rates than use lawyers and accountants to avoid taxes at higher tax rates," he wrote. "Some tax revenues at low tax rates is a heckuva lot better than no tax revenues at high tax rates." - Art Laffer (on 999 plan)

Travel Squad

I like Thills post so much I have used it for my sig line for several months now.

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Hey, I'm on here twice! LOL

Sorry, I couldn't help but vote for myself on this one. Farts are funny!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Get behind the Mule!
    I voted for myself on this one too. Wasn't even my best post of the year.
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10