Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Ranking 2011 Big Ten Recruiting Classes by position

Ranking 2011 Big Ten Recruiting Classes by position

Thought this was worth sharing....Free Rivals content...

Nebraska:

QB #2
    RB #2----disagree with this one....Huskers should be #1
    WR #11
    TE #11
    OL #1---our biggest need and where we will build the offense around
    DT #2---also think we should be #1 here too
    DE #9
    LB #7
    DB #2----think we should be #1 here too....
    Athlete #1

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1187873
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Heisman
    IMO, if the offensive line comes around like they should, those other position rankings will rise.
    Good friends, you take to the movies. Great teammates, you take to battle.
    Mr. Afro Thunder 80

I agree...THE key in my opinion....

Quote Originally Posted by USMC_BugEater View Post
    IMO, if the offensive line comes around like they should, those other position rankings will rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    RB #2----disagree with this one....Huskers should be #1
    They rated Ameer as an athlete right? I would say we're #1 in RB too but maybe not if they're only counting us as having only one in this class.

Yes & Bubba Starling too...

Green is a 5-star on Scout and ESPN....Rivals drops him from 28 to 61 after he commits to Nebraska....the HI folks were not happy about that and let it be known they disagreed....politics in play by Rivals which they are infamous for....

Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    They rated Ameer as an athlete right? I would say we're #1 in RB too but maybe not if they're only counting us as having only one in this class.

Found it interesting that Starling was listed as an athlete while Turner was the QB

If Starling stays on campus it seems as though it's more likely for Turner to be used in various roles than Bubba. Of course there is much water to pass under the bridge before any of this happens but it had me scratching my head.

Yeah me too....they changed him about a month or so back....some talk he may play TE....at least in recruiting circles...not from Bo lips...

Turner will see the field, in my opinion, next year in a slot-back/WR role....he is too good of an athlete to not see the field....

Quote Originally Posted by NS Husker View Post
    Found it interesting that Starling was listed as an athlete while Turner was the QB

If Starling stays on campus it seems as though it's more likely for Turner to be used in various roles than Bubba. Of course there is much water to pass under the bridge before any of this happens but it had me scratching my head.

Scout Team
    Hey gang,

I ran the number for analysis. Yup, Ohio State came out the clear winner. But something that shocked me was that the Legends division had a much better signing class overall. An omen of things to come? Perhaps we're actually in the "tougher" division? Who knows.

For you math heads, all I did was a simple average. Statistically, this would indicate each position is of equal value to the team, which we know to be false. However, since we're ranking recruits it actually works out alright because we don't know which players will actually become stars. Basically, we don't know which QB is the next bust and which DT is the next Suh.

Antediluvian Abrasiveness
    WR #11
    TE #11
    Looks like Ron Brown has his work cut out for him. It would be nice to have an underrated Swift-like player burst out on the scene.

God I admire you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    Looks like Ron Brown has his work cut out for him. It would be nice to have an underrated Swift-like player burst out on the scene.
    I'm thinking that Turner and Starling would be candidates to make it on the field at WR (or poss. TE for Starling) this fall, especially Turner having Spring ball. Athleticism and speed will be huge assets in this new offense, I'm guessing.

TE seems pretty set this year, but the depth chart in the first game at WR may be a complete surprise. I expect Brown to revamp that position completely.

One thing is probably clear though...if you can't block, and you aren't consistent, you probably won't get on the field under Brown.
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

To me having Ron Brown back at WR/TE to me a very goodthing to happen. When he was there before receivers did make big plays and of course their blocking was the highlight of what they contributed to the offense. I foresee more hardnosed tough play out of them this year GBR