Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 137 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 2728

Thread: Bald Eagle Cam; D-18 Hatched on April 2, 2014

  1. #41
    talk about reality tv birds...quick...someone sign them to contracts...

  2. #42
    how many bald eagles are there currently in the US???

  3. #43
    they're both home!

  4. #44
    Travel Squad

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    9,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    how many bald eagles are there currently in the US???
    http://www.google.com

  5. #45
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    100,415
    Quote Originally Posted by GoRedBig View Post
    any word on how long they are going to keep the stream? i would love to watch it through spring.
    Through the season. Last year they showed eggs, babies and fledgings. Can't wait.

  6. #46
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    100,415
    I think Li'l Red just said to Big Red I'm going to get some chow.

  7. #47
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    100,415
    bringing in some big branches; major upgrade to the nest.

  8. #48
    All American
    Ackos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    23,218
    One of em just had a snack
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for
    without receiving.

  9. #49
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    100,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Ackos View Post
    One of em just had a snack
    could you tell what the snack was? I think the female was chowing down.

  10. #50
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    100,415
    One thing I've learned since watching them is that they are very efficient eaters.

  11. #51
    Travel Squad

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    9,418
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    One thing I've learned since watching them is that they are very efficient eaters.
    what do you mean by very efficient?

  12. #52
    how did the eagles even learn how to build nests? it's not like they can read blueprints et cetera...

  13. #53
    towel boy
    BigRedIggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    6,037
    I've got two monitors on the wall of my home office. One I use mainly for browsing or testing, the other is used some of the time for browsing but usually for TV. I normally have ESPN or something muted on there but since I really hate this time of the year until baseball starts I'm glad I have something new and interesting to throw up there. I've been watching those two critters for the last couple days. Very majestic birds to say the least. From the sounds of it there are tons of geese around too. It's kinda peaceful to just listen to the sounds of nature (and evidently nearby intersection) while I sit and work. Thanks for posting it up here.

    Last year I watched a couple barn owls hatch some little ones on one of these web streams. Those babies are loud when they get hungry. Can't wait to hear the eaglets go at it.

  14. #54
    towel boy
    BigRedIggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    6,037
    Doesn't look like the owl stream is active anymore but it was pretty fascinating. Especially since I was working some pretty late hours at times and got to see quite a bit of action.

    http://www.ustream.tv/theowlbox

  15. #55
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    100,415
    Quote Originally Posted by GoRedBig View Post
    what do you mean by very efficient?
    I've seen em twice; the prey is dead when brought to the nest. They secure with one or both feet and begin to strip the food. No waste, everything is eaten. They then wipe their beak on the nest or the supporting tree branches. When they are done you couldn't tell there was a meal eaten. Pretty efficient.

  16. #56
    Group B
    redarmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    11,253
    364 viewers on right now. not alot going on. twigs, twigs and more twigs.
    That's not what he said you ignorant wretch. Your Spanish is worse than your English! - Johnny Ringo.

  17. #57
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    100,415
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedIggy View Post
    I've got two monitors on the wall of my home office. One I use mainly for browsing or testing, the other is used some of the time for browsing but usually for TV. I normally have ESPN or something muted on there but since I really hate this time of the year until baseball starts I'm glad I have something new and interesting to throw up there. I've been watching those two critters for the last couple days. Very majestic birds to say the least. From the sounds of it there are tons of geese around too. It's kinda peaceful to just listen to the sounds of nature (and evidently nearby intersection) while I sit and work. Thanks for posting it up here.

    Last year I watched a couple barn owls hatch some little ones on one of these web streams. Those babies are loud when they get hungry. Can't wait to hear the eaglets go at it.
    Have you noticed the horses in the pasture below just off to the north and northwest. There is a nice barn there as well and what looks to be a little development of homes. All of this is just south of Decorah, IA. My neighbor said last year there were three horses; to date I've only seen two.

  18. #58
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    100,415
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmy67 View Post
    364 viewers on right now. not alot going on. twigs, twigs and more twigs.
    Yeah, haven't seen one for about a half hour. Viewers must twitter when the eagles show up cause the count jumps by over a hundred when they are there.

  19. #59
    Rollin' Huskers
    BIGRED..CHEESEHED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wherever our RV is parked - currently Stonewall Texas
    Posts
    2,738
    how come all i see is the nest?!?!?
    GBR
    Badger by birth - Husker by choice !!!

  20. #60
    Group B
    redarmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    11,253
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED..CHEESEHED View Post
    how come all i see is the nest?!?!?
    I think you and I are getting punked. Were probably the only two on huskermax that are not in on the prank.
    That's not what he said you ignorant wretch. Your Spanish is worse than your English! - Johnny Ringo.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •