Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Jamrog activated for recruiting

  1. #1
    Big 12 Champs
    FeelLikeAStranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Hardscratch Springs
    Posts
    27,386

    Jamrog activated for recruiting

    It remains to be seen if this hire (LB coach) will happen before or after signing day. I'm told that since NU is one man down in recruiting, Director of Football Operations Jeff Jamrog has been activated to go on the road once the contact period opens back up. My guess is most of Jamrog's work will be focused on in-state recruiting for the walk-on program.
    Free Rivals content

    http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1175714
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10


  2. #2
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    100,415
    two interesting names for LB coach. Both have Lincoln ties. Surprised Bo is waiting for so long. Maybe just now starting to look at it seriously.

  3. #3

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102,710
    Makes sense at this point....

    Quote Originally Posted by FeelLikeAStranger View Post
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  6. #6
    Guest

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,541
    This is fine just as long as Jamrog's not activated back into a coaching job . Please, Bo, do not add this guy to your on-field coaching staff!

  7. #7
    Varsity

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    10,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Big "D"zasker View Post
    This is fine just as long as Jamrog's not activated back into a coaching job . Please, Bo, do not add this guy to your on-field coaching staff!
    Why? Sounds like he's been fairly successful.

  8. #8
    Guest

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigfRed View Post
    Why? Sounds like he's been fairly successful.
    Exactly, in his current administrative position. Do you not remember when he was on the staff before? Put it this way, I hold him in the same regard as Barney Cotton, and it's well documented what I think of his JUCO level coaching ability.

  9. #9
    Varsity

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    10,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Big "D"zasker View Post
    Exactly, in his current administrative position. Do you not remember when he was on the staff before? Put it this way, I hold him in the same regard as Barney Cotton, and it's well documented what I think of his JUCO level coaching ability.
    I thought as much.

  10. #10
    Guest

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigfRed View Post
    I thought as much.
    It kills me how everybody thinks that anyone with Nebraska ties is an all-time great. I guess rolling the eyes is a symptom of blind loyalty and lack of objectivity.

    Frank Solich couldn't even get the Army job, and let me know if you find anyone on his staff (besides Bo) who even found a lateral job, much less moved up in job stature. I'll wait patiently for your answer.

    It's pretty obvious what the outside world (those who can see the forest through their John Deere's) thought about the level of talent on that staff.

  11. #11
    Red Shirt
    The Lummox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    1,750
    Ross has to be the leader. He has a son named Bo.
    Nebraska Football
    I don't know any other way to live...

  12. #12
    Varsity

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    10,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Big "D"zasker View Post
    It kills me how everybody thinks that anyone with Nebraska ties is an all-time great. I guess rolling the eyes is a symptom of blind loyalty and lack of objectivity.

    Frank Solich couldn't even get the Army job, and let me know if you find anyone on his staff (besides Bo) who even found a lateral job, much less moved up in job stature. I'll wait patiently for your answer.

    It's pretty obvious what the outside world (those who can see the forest through their John Deere's) thought about the level of talent on that staff.

    "chuckle"

    You certainly have the BRB-BRB pink talking points down.

  13. #13
    Guest

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigfRed View Post
    "chuckle"

    You certainly have the BRB-BRB pink talking points down.
    If that's farm lingo for speaking my mind and not always conforming with the "company line" then you are correct, sir.

  14. #14
    Varsity

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    10,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Big "D"zasker View Post
    If that's farm lingo for speaking my mind and not always conforming with the "company line" then you are correct, sir.
    As a matter of fact it's quite the opposite as I'm sure you know.

    There's a whole board or two of folk that are still butt-hurt over callahan being exposed as the sham that many said he would be.

    A lot of effort has been put into crafting scenarios where the 2003 staff wasn't that good. Bo's hampered because TO won't let him pick his own staff, etc., etc., etc. You folk seem to take it personally when anybody recognizes the success that many of these guys have in the work that they do.

    Just makes all of you look pretty silly. Lincoln's a pretty small town, not that you really have to be here to see and check into the high quality of work and why that it leads to the success that many of these folk have for our program.

    You're good for a chuckle or two though.

  15. #15
    Guest

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigfRed View Post
    As a matter of fact it's quite the opposite as I'm sure you know.

    There's a whole board or two of folk that are still butt-hurt over callahan being exposed as the sham that many said he would be.

    A lot of effort has been put into crafting scenarios where the 2003 staff wasn't that good. Bo's hampered because TO won't let him pick his own staff, etc., etc., etc. You folk seem to take it personally when anybody recognizes the success that many of these guys have in the work that they do.

    Just makes all of you look pretty silly. Lincoln's a pretty small town, not that you really have to be here to see and check into the high quality of work and why that it leads to the success that many of these folk have for our program.

    You're good for a chuckle or two though.
    Huh? FWIW, I think Callahan is the worst NU head coach in my lifetime, and that includes Bill Jennings. I've forgotten more NU football than you'll ever know.

    So, to set the record straight, you think Barney Cotton and Jeff Jamrog are good Div I caliber coaches? Once again, where did all of those guys on the 2003 staff end up if they were so good? A good coach at Nebraska should never leave for anything less than a lateral move. If he does, then it's obvious he wasn't as good as all the myopic homers thought he was.

    Talk about good for a chuckle or two! People like you make me realize that moving away from there over 30 years ago was a wise move indeed.

  16. #16
    Red Shirt

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,630
    [QUOTE=Big "D"zasker;346144]Huh? FWIW, I think Callahan is the worst NU head coach in my lifetime, and that includes Bill Jennings. I've forgotten more NU football than you'll ever know.

    So, to set the record straight, you think Barney Cotton and Jeff Jamrog are good Div I caliber coaches? Once again, where did all of those guys on the 2003 staff end up if they were so good? A good coach at Nebraska should never leave for anything less than a lateral move. If he does, then it's obvious he wasn't as good as all the myopic homers thought he was.

    Talk about good for a chuckle or two! People like you make me realize that moving away from there over 30 years ago was a wise move indeed.[/QUOTE]

    You are so badly missed here too
    Turner Gill went from NU to the Packers
    Marvin Sanders from NU Dbacks Coach to Defensive Co-ordinator at NC
    Barney Cotton to ISU and during the best run that school ever had was Oline Coach and offensive coordinator while also beating NU
    brown was so horrible he couldn't even get a coaching job until Bo did him a favor by inviting him back (sarcasm)
    Carl Pelini went from a GA to defensive coordinator and Dline coach for Frank at Ohio

    yup none of them made lateral moves or moved up in the coaching ranks. People like you are why I try not to step foot in Texas.

  17. #17
    Guest

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,541
    [QUOTE=Sprint23r;346161]
    Quote Originally Posted by Big "D"zasker View Post
    Huh? FWIW, I think Callahan is the worst NU head coach in my lifetime, and that includes Bill Jennings. I've forgotten more NU football than you'll ever know.

    So, to set the record straight, you think Barney Cotton and Jeff Jamrog are good Div I caliber coaches? Once again, where did all of those guys on the 2003 staff end up if they were so good? A good coach at Nebraska should never leave for anything less than a lateral move. If he does, then it's obvious he wasn't as good as all the myopic homers thought he was.

    Talk about good for a chuckle or two! People like you make me realize that moving away from there over 30 years ago was a wise move indeed.[/QUOTE]

    You are so badly missed here too
    Thank you! You are correct, none of them made a lateral move or moved up. Turner Gill didn't coach with the Packers. And if going to North Carolina, Iowa State and Ohio are your definition of a lateral or upward move then it's official...we no longer have standards at NU!

  18. #18
    Red Shirt

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,630
    I think it's official...you got kicked out of the state you didn't move on your own

  19. #19
    Guest

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprint23r View Post
    I think it's official...you got kicked out of the state you didn't move on your own
    Your Honor, I present to you Exhibit A.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Big "D"zasker View Post

    Thank you! You are correct, none of them made a lateral move or moved up. Turner Gill didn't coach with the Packers. And if going to North Carolina, Iowa State and Ohio are your definition of a lateral or upward move then it's official...we no longer have standards at NU!
    First of all, not a lot of fired coaches move up or even laterally. Nonetheless, the NU coaches from 2003 have done pretty well for themselves.

    You have to look not just at the next job, but the whole career path, and you also have to consider responsibilities, not just schools. Examples: Gill became a BCS head coach (up from NU position coach and AHC). Tim Albin is an OC today (up from grad asst and pass coord.). Marvin Sanders was a DC at UNC (up from position coach at NU -- clearly a move up and John Blake's voluntary move to UNC reflects this). And if you'll let us count coaches hired by Bo, then Ron Brown and Cotton are now in comparable positions and Carl Pelini has made a massive move up from grad asst (and apparently he's doing a good job).

    So if you ask me, the hard thing is to find a coach from the 2003 staff who hasn't landed a comparable or better job since.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •